• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Server Hardware Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraton

Single Wolf
because most admins drink coffee, not tea.

I prefer a cup of hot cocoa as my pick-me-up.
I'd probably be the first Admin (if I became one in the future, but I don't own a site, so... not gonna happen) who prefers hot chocolate above the other choices.

LoinRockerForever

Interesting...
To those of you who have donated to the server fund: The donations were not used for a new server, they were used for Anthrocon tickets and various personal items. You have been scammed.

The server was only moved, no new server was bought.

I am not the only one who had posted something about this, and I realize that when Dragoneer reads this or when any of the others involved reads this it will get deleted and I may likely be banned. That course of action will only show that what I am saying is true.

Lets assume that is true for a minute, do you really think that the people who donated care? They might, but I doubt they do. Cause they will just keep coming back here for there Fetish. Not to take a cynical view on this, but honestly it makes no difference. Its not like most people today appreciate real art, or even know what it is. Not like I do either mind you, and I am guilty of just +faving sexual pictures more so than other pictures that are not sexual in anyway. Honestly, have you noticed more sexual pictures get +fave than the most others? I mean, I look at the works on FA but do not Fave them. Such a shame no? But this brings me to my point, no one cares sadly enough to what the money is being used for. Once the server is back up, its all a forgotten memory XD Silly no? But alas, that is how these things work out.

Again, if its true they don't care. If its slander? Blah, again there is such apathy in this world, they just won't care lol.

I could be wrong, and maybe, just maybe some people will demand there money back. But in that case most of the "furries/scalies" are so afraid of having there fetish known in the Real world, that they won't say or do anything.

Again apologizes on the cynical view on this, but its truth.

~LoinRocker

Silenced0

Of course, this is EXACTLY what someone who is greedy and would do this for themselves would say. >.>
What you selfish people don't realize is that the admins are not like that, and if you care to keep up with your foolish antics, then GTFO. Seriously, the fandom has no room for greed, self-minded folks like you.

How exactly is that greedy? I did not say what I said for personal gain.

seaweed

... is not a piece of flotsam
To those of you who have donated to the server fund: The donations were not used for a new server, they were used for Anthrocon tickets and various personal items. You have been scammed.

I am not the only one who had posted something about this, and I realize that when Dragoneer reads this or when any of the others involved reads this it will get deleted and I may likely be banned. That course of action will only show that what I am saying is true.

No, that course of action would be banning a troll for a ridiculous notion that has no basis in fact.

Actually, you *ARE* the only person who has posted something about this. I have been following this thread as it has been going on.

As they say on the World of Warcraft forums, PROOF, OR IT NEVER HAPPENED.

silenced

Banned
Banned
Of course, this is EXACTLY what someone who is greedy and would do this for themselves would say. >.>
What you selfish people don't realize is that the admins are not like that, and if you care to keep up with your foolish antics, then GTFO. Seriously, the fandom has no room for greed, self-minded folks like you.

I happen to agree, but I wouldnt use such harshness, as calling someone greedy for their own opinion is bigitory and rude. But of course this is the internet and anyone, including idiots have their say too.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Pay the troll no mind. The facts to shoot him down are self-evident, and he knows it. (Or if he doesn't, then he's incapable of learning.) His only reason for existence is to stir up needless drama for his own lulz at our expense.

seaweed

I happen to agree, but I wouldnt use such harshness, as calling someone greedy for their own opinion is bigitory and rude. But of course this is the internet and anyone, including idiots have their say too.

Yes, you do.

Silenced0

Lets assume that is true for a minute, do you really think that the people who donated care? They might, but I doubt they do. Cause they will just keep coming back here for there Fetish. Not to take a cynical view on this, but honestly it makes no difference. Its not like most people today appreciate real art, or even know what it is. Not like I do either mind you, and I am guilty of just +faving sexual pictures more so than other pictures that are not sexual in anyway. Honestly, have you noticed more sexual pictures get +fave than the most others? I mean, I look at the works on FA but do not Fave them. Such a shame no? But this brings me to my point, no one cares sadly enough to what the money is being used for. Once the server is back up, its all a forgotten memory XD Silly no? But alas, that is how these things work out.

Again, if its true they don't care. If its slander? Blah, again there is such apathy in this world, they just won't care lol.

I could be wrong, and maybe, just maybe some people will demand there money back. But in that case most of the "furries/scalies" are so afraid of having there fetish known in the Real world, that they won't say or do anything.

Again apologizes on the cynical view on this, but its truth.

~LoinRocker

I understand exactly what you're saying, I am guilty of it as well. I have my doubts that what I'm saying will get through to people, but to try is the best anyone can do.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry or to do both at once or to just hang myself.

*settles for banging his head on the wall as hard as he can*

seaweed

I understand exactly what you're saying, I am guilty of it as well. I have my doubts that what I'm saying will get through to people, but to try is the best anyone can do.

So we are still waiting on proof.. Care to prove that you are right, or do you just want to continue looking like an idiot and a troll?

kemonolove

たった今、寄付金をしてきました。 ^-^
I just did a donation. ^-^

より良い、FAの環境にしてくã*さい。
Please make it environment of better FA.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
No, that course of action would be banning a troll for a ridiculous notion that has no basis in fact.

Actually, you *ARE* the only person who has posted something about this. I have been following this thread as it has been going on.

As they say on the World of Warcraft forums, PROOF, OR IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Seaweed, I have been following this thread as well and I agree, this is the first time I have seen a post like this. If the troll were to read every post (close to 1500 as of right now) he would LEARN the truth, but apparently he is too lazy to read. The only way someone would come up with such a hair-brained idea like that would be for them to start read the thread from the page of thier first post.

I can't wait for the site to come back up, but do dread the massive onslaught of submissions. And with those of us who are watching thousands of artists, we are going to get deluged with subissions. FA is and will be my primary site to visit daily, followed by www.furry-furry.com , fchan, and finally www.yiffstar.com (where I mostly get short stories to read and to get some fresh ideas for the stories and novel I am currently writing.

LoinRockerForever

Interesting...

It won't. Trust me, but honestly there is no use wasting breathe on it either. Its best if the subject is dropped. Trying is an admirable thing, but again there is no use wasting time or energy or it. People will do, what they want too, when they want too, and how they want too. But at this point its just hurting your cause. Once the server is back up, its all forgotten, but its all good. Why? Cause this is where people like us come, to unwind, throw away the real and let our minds fly away. Will they really care about what the money is used for? No, will they ever? No, and I would like to point out, maybe showing some evidence before hand could of helped you. ( Someone stated this earlier in the thread ) Another person in the thread also stated that the admins of the site aren't really like that. ( which I guess is more believable due to the fact that they do spend time on the forums and on the site themselves. Which I naturally assume people have gotten to know them )

But, lets drop this sorry subject. Lets just move on, holding on to such ideas and cloudy thoughts can make one unreasonable.

Kraton

Single Wolf

Sorry if I seemed like an idiot for saying that, but I didn't mean that their opinion was what was greedy, it was their mind I spoke of. That person, if given the same situation and choice to either spend the money as it should be used or to keep it for himself, would have kept it for themselves. It is clear that this is how the person thinks because they think others would be like that as well. That person thinks everyone is as selfish and greedy as themselves and thus fully believe without any shred of evidence that the admins would keep the money for themselves.

Sslaxx

Silenced0 - put up or shut up. You are not contributing any evidence that we are being scammed.

Last edited:

UnicornPrae

Backed Up Author
What is the total raise now? We are such a generous bunch we furry breed. And I agree second guessing the future is a waste of time.

Aren't the FA mods amazing they work so hard and must put up with such an awful amount of troll dung. I would gladly hand them a big shovel...usage for them to decide.

*CLANG!!!*

Well that is one use...Ya FA! Forever.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
putting things in bold makes them true

(you are dumb)

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Damn, I wish I was smart enough to pull a scam job like that.

*snrk*

Anbessa

remind me again, guys, which came first... AnthroCon, or the donation request?

now will you please stop feeding a troll with obviously two fake accounts kthxbai

LoinRockerForever

Interesting...
Loin and/or Silenced0 - put up or shut up. Neither of you are contributing any evidence that we are being scammed.

No no no no, I am not agreeing that there is a Scam thing going on. I am saying there is no need wasting breath on it.

Read back on what I said, and you will see this. I am saying if its true, whatever, if its false, whatever.

Read and you will see. Another misleading assumption. And if you read my second post you will see I asked for said evidence.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public

1. Hard drive died in one of the servers, was replaced. A hard drive is not a server. Please see the Site Status forum for details.
2. Request for Donations for a new server came AFTER Anthrocon. This is a different issue altogether. Server being moved has nothing to do with the requests.

I find out you're using dupe accounts to bolster your argument, yes I will ban them.

Kanic

The Dog Faced Soldier
1. Hard drive died in one of the servers died, was replaced. A hard drive is not a server. Please see the Site Status forum for details.
2. Request for Donations for a new server came AFTER Anthrocon. This is a different issue altogether. Server being moved has nothing to do with the requests.

I find out you're using dupe accounts to bolster your argument, yes I will ban them.

Woot, bring down the banhammer on the trolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.