• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Server Hardware Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraton

Single Wolf
But it has already been said numerous times by numerous people, and people were (and apparantly still are) posting about it. So apparantly simple ignorance is not an excuse. Laziness seems to be the issue here.

How many times do we have to be nice and say it before we can finally get mad and try to get the point across in a more forceful way?? I asked nicely several times with no responce, but apparantly getting "pissed off" works. It has finally slowed to a dull crawl.

*pets* it's nice that you're this concerned, but I think after this long, it's just getting to be too much. Since you're already annoyed about them, I suggest you just do what some of us others have done and just add them to your ignored list. And for the record I'm suggesting this for your sake. There's no reason to let ignorant/lazy people get on your nerves, and frankly YOU being annoyed is causing me to be annoyed.
So just block them, kay?

LoinRockerForever

Interesting...
To be frank, I haven't read most of whats going on. Is there another troll again? or not? I don't know >_<

But any new word on the site? * just posting to find out and I am at work, don't really have time to uh....you know read to find out for myself * <_<;;;

To be frank, I haven't read most of whats going on. Is there another troll again? or not? I don't know >_<

But any new word on the site? * just posting to find out and I am at work, don't really have time to uh....you know read to find out for myself * <_<;;;

Nothing new as of yet. Donations are still rolling in and the plan is still to order hardware on Monday, wait for shipping, and then get it onto the racks as fast as possible.

falderal

Okay guys, don't start suggesting money making plans for the site. This thread isn't for that. ^_^ IF you really want to discuss it that badly, just read the previous pages as it has been discussed multiple times. ^_^

Woah, it's silly to 'expect' people who just join the site as they obviously just did (since they have 2 or 3 posts so far) would or should read over 100 pages in this thread. No need to be rude about it, just politely let them know not to do the circle 'again'.

I'm tired of that same circle too, but seriously... cool off. ^_^

Aye, I've been with the main furaffinity site probably longer than I have been posting on the forums. I don't typically like forums for such reasons because they tend to have such off topic discussions now a days at many places other than here, and no one that wants to moderate them really good like deleting posts.
I just don't like forums in general. I would rather read a book. I wish there were other technologies than what technologies are used for forums, but that's just me.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Nope, no new troll, just a confused someone.
No news, aside from Amazon updating this morning to show just over $10K, and yak posting over in "It's over $9,000!" a PayPal donations update:
Before I went to sleep, Paypal donations were over $6k

Kraton

Single Wolf
No news, aside from Amazon updating this morning to show just over $10K, and yak posting over in "It's over $9,000!" a PayPal donations update:

Sweeeeet! So we've definitely passed the 15k point. ^^
I've got 25 bucks on me, but that's for groceries for myself these next couple weeks. *sigh* I wish I had a job right now, so that I could afford to donate.
I want to see that 16k become 25k, and I want to help it reach that amount!

Yellow07

US$ 10,477.15 only throught Amazon.

That means that Dragoneer will make something neat! Can't wait to see what that will be.
Also, I'd like to say that, after reading a hundred pages, FA has the best community I've ever seen, and the most open and cool headed one even. I guess that your dedication, love and caring for FA is what makes it special, and I hope that never changes. Congratulations to all of you. All of the 50.000 active users.

I'm sure that you will get much more money than 15k.
After all, you all deserve a wonderful place like FA.

So true ^^ Still, peeps have been known to 'throw a wobbily' XD But yeah; I noticed that too... how generally cool and kind the fandom is ^^ Hence why we're in the record books lol

LoinRockerForever

Interesting...
Nothing new as of yet. Donations are still rolling in and the plan is still to order hardware on Monday, wait for shipping, and then get it onto the racks as fast as possible.

kk cool Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoinRockerForever

Nope, no new troll, just a confused someone.

Well okay lol Just making sure.

Yellow07

Wow...just wow....its funny, here i am check up on the whole FA thing and listening to MSI's Stupid MF, and BAM I found one here! Please do us all a favor, go be a waste of space and life somewhere else. I mean really, you talk about people talking about things not needed, and then you go and add more to the pile, just do like i normally do, if you don't like what you see, GO SOME PLACE ELSE!!!

Then again i can't really except better from most of you damn dirty humans, now can I...

cool down lol both of you XD

lol 'damn dirty humans'? look in the mirror

Please, none of this argument stuff, there's enough of that on you tube; stick it to talking about what the threds about, you'll get those but just ignore them ^^

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
We're already in there freind! :D I should scan the page in but someone might bite me on the rear for copyright XD
Nah, it would be more like FAIR USE. ^^
After all, the FA staff could start a party like the guys from Mozilla did when Firefox broke the world record, including some hardcore merchandizing for some extra cash to pay the bills. ;-)

muddypaws

Bears rock!
You guys go through servers and hardware like wildfire through brush. Do yourselves a favor, take that money, save it, and then spend it hiring someone to do professional code for your site. You've been over-taxing your resources for years and you know it. You've known it even since before 'project Ferrox' was first boasted years ago. Throwing hardware at the problem again is just another patch job. You have a developer on your team who once told me he could reprogram the entire site in a week, and here it's been years and one missed expectation of an upgrade after another. Seriously, save your cash and put it into a professional or accredited programmer. If you can't afford that, then at the very least you should be hiring a professional consultant to give real advice. You're way past overdue for a major software upgrade. Both the users of FA and your colo will appreciate this.

That's a reasonable solution, but then FA might end up a pay site.

Not that I don't mind paying my fair share, but went I have funding so tight I squeak, I can't even donate funds to help. There may be others in the same boat.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions to address the problem with the server.

Kraton

Single Wolf
We're already in there freind! :D I should scan the page in but someone might bite me on the rear for copyright XD
Way, REALLY? Are we? Can you give me a link so I can check it out?
This is news to me, that's for certain. Wow... Guinness world book of records.
I am DEFINITELY proud to be a furry. ^_^

uncia

Way, REALLY? Are we? Can you give me a link so I can check it out?
This is news to me, that's for certain. Wow... Guinness world book of records.
I am DEFINITELY proud to be a furry. ^_^
Largest "furry fan club" and number of mascots in a parade (AC for both) is not the same as largest $ raised on a donation drive. FA might be somewhat pushed to get an entry on the latter, but I sha'n't give up hope yet. ;)

Last edited:

seaweed

... is not a piece of flotsam
*chuckles* try being English lol, an extra $1000 just for the plane fare makes it very hard to go to AC :/

Hell, gas prices make it hard for AMERICANS to get to AC. I didn't go, though I am probably at least a day's drive away.

Back to the topic at hand.. I \'m still waiting for an admin to pipe on on my suggestion I made a couple pages ago.. You think it may happen?

Danza

Hell, gas prices make it hard for AMERICANS to get to AC. I didn't go, though I am probably at least a day's drive away.

Back to the topic at hand.. I \'m still waiting for an admin to pipe on on my suggestion I made a couple pages ago.. You think it may happen?

O_O you Americans are lucky :D

try $10 a gallon then tell me your gas is expensive ;P

Back on topic I think it may due, but I think the priority is just to get things sorted and make sure there is as little/no data loss n..n

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Awesome. ^^
Gawd, I wish I could afford to go to the anthrocon 2008 this year. I don't know anyone offline like myself. (hence why I spend so much time on FA)

Erm, AC already passed. It was June 23-24 to the 30th I believe....

I wonder how this is going to affect those going to FA: United! this year..

Last edited:

CrystalMendrilia

The Mad May Hare
I think those of us who have actually read all 115 pages are now just trying to quickly head off conversations about questions that have already been asked, and discussed to death, lol.

I wouldn't go so far to say that... I mean questions are questions, but it's the suggestions on how to make money for F.A. that needs to be beaten down. :p Over done, unwanted, and in pretty much all cases, already discussed. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.