• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Server Hardware Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalMendrilia

The Mad May Hare
But it has already been said numerous times by numerous people, and people were (and apparantly still are) posting about it. So apparantly simple ignorance is not an excuse. Laziness seems to be the issue here.

That's crazy. You actually 'do' think they 'should' and are 'expected' to read over a hundred pages of this befoer posting anything in this thread! O_O You, 'really do' think that. O_O

How many times do we have to be nice and say it before we can finally get mad and try to get the point across in a more forceful way?? I asked nicely several times with no responce, but apparantly getting "pissed off" works. It has finally slowed to a dull crawl.

Well if you think 'you're' the cause of why it's slowed down, then yeah, it has worked. ^_^ BUT, to answer your question I think if they ignore it once, then you can get mad, but not throwing a temper tantrum over it. If you look at their post count, every time I've seen you get 'pissed off' has been to people with 1 - 3 posts (at the time of your temper tantrum) and thus obviously were unaware of the situation.

Therefore, you're getting mad at people who are ignorant that you call lazy because you actually expect them to read all hundred plus pages of this thread.

CrystalMendrilia

The Mad May Hare
Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions to address the problem with the server.

This isn't the thread for suggesting things to 'help' the financial stand point of Fur Affinity. ^_~ It's been discussed many times, and nobody wants it brought up again hehe. Just read through all sorts of the previous hundred pages for more information. ^_^

CrystalMendrilia

The Mad May Hare
O_O you Americans are lucky :D

try $10 a gallon then tell me your gas is expensive ;P

Haha yeah, I always get a kick out of how much Americans (and I) complain about our gas out here. I mean it's legitimate to complain about them because it's a serious growing problem here with everything else going on, but it 'still' could be as bad as the U.K. So keep our heads up like the steriotype says we should! :3

uncia

Actually, Further Confusion 2008 shattered AC's 2007 parade record. ;)

Don't know what the current stats are, so AC might've reclaimed the record.
Bring back the wikifur link? http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Fursuit_parade ;>

OK; if there's a category for largest list of donators to a furry website in the Guinness Book of Records, but I doubt that. :)
Keep on rolling those in, please, nonetheless. ^^

=
@seaweed: yes, I'm almost certain there /will/ be progress updates on the order/build/install, if that's the question still on your mind.

nothingkat

FARTSMELLA
Hey the server is down.

Since this is the only topic people want to talk about I guess I'll still to that.

The server is down.

It's not up, it's down.

You know what can fix this? Optional payment plans for people who wa--

Oh wait, that's right. "Nobody" wants to discuss this. This is only about the server being down.

Because it's down you know.

Kraton

Single Wolf
Erm, AC already passed. It was June 23-24 to the 30th I believe....

I wonder how this is going to affect those going to FA: United! this year..

Oh, that's right. FA: United is the one on August 1-3, right?
Well, wish I could go to THAT. XD
I always miss all the fun.

Pi

Hey the server is down.

Since this is the only topic people want to talk about I guess I'll still to that.

The server is down.

It's not up, it's down.

You know what can fix this? Optional payment plans for people who wa--

Oh wait, that's right. "Nobody" wants to discuss this. This is only about the server being down.

Because it's down you know.

the wob server is down like a clinton intern

but for the fileserver, which is up like my cock.

Kraton

Single Wolf

Lol, you know, that's why I simply added that person to my ignored list. They keep going on and on about the same thing.
Optional subscriptions isn't going to happen. Anyone who wants it to happen should go make their own site and try to make money off of that.
For those of us who are done with that pointless topic, lets get back to the real topic.

Now, is the reason for such a large crash known yet? Or have they not pinpointed the exact cause of this?

seaweed

... is not a piece of flotsam
That's crazy. You actually 'do' think they 'should' and are 'expected' to read over a hundred pages of this befoer posting anything in this thread! O_O You, 'really do' think that. O_O

Well if you think 'you're' the cause of why it's slowed down, then yeah, it has worked. ^_^ BUT, to answer your question I think if they ignore it once, then you can get mad, but not throwing a temper tantrum over it. If you look at their post count, every time I've seen you get 'pissed off' has been to people with 1 - 3 posts (at the time of your temper tantrum) and thus obviously were unaware of the situation.

Therefore, you're getting mad at people who are ignorant that you call lazy because you actually expect them to read all hundred plus pages of this thread.

Look, dude. This is the last time I am going to respond. I am not going to get into a flame war here.

I never, EVER said everyone should read all 115 pages, but they can at least read a page back, or maybe even two, and see what people are saying to see if the topic has already been covered. And that goes for ANYONE who posts here. It doesn't matter if they have posted here one time or 100 times.
Why would I bother to look how many posts a person has? Like I said, it shouldn't matter.

Do I think my 'temper tantrum' worked? Well, the talk about paying for FA slowed down. Is that a coincidence? I really don't care. It stopped. That is all I care about.

Ignorance may occasionally be an excuse, but laziness for not reading at least a tiny ways back is not.

That is all I have to say. Let's please get back to the topic at hand.

velyogendra

I'm amazed that there's 118 pages about this.:eek: If FurAffinity wants to charge for their service, and I know this might hurt some artists who are poor; then I guess they'll have to. Me? I'm disabled, out of work, and using my sister-in-laws computer. I couldn't tell her that I look at this site (because of the Gay Furrys I like to look at and masterbate too). So, I would be out of luck, untill I did get a job (hopefully by next year). That's my say about this.:p

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie

what... an interesting way to put that. @_@;

seaweed

Now, is the reason for such a large crash known yet? Or have they not pinpointed the exact cause of this?

The issue was not with the database servers that actually HELD the information, but I believe it was with one of the web servers that was hosting the page to GET to all of that information, if I understand it correctly.
Please, someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

If you have an exact link to a picure on your FA page, you can get to it, as someone a couple of pages ago proved. It is just that the main webpage with all the links and hosting and such is down for the count.

But it sounds like they are not only going to add 2 new servers for this, but they are going to add more RAM as well to lighten the load on the servers, that should speed it up exponentially.

CrystalMendrilia

The Mad May Hare
Look, dude. This is the last time I am going to respond. I am not going to get into a flame war here.

There really isn't much to say too you if you're bent on considering this a 'flame' war. All I'm trying to point out, is demanding such a thing is silly and you retort to them as though you demand it. Now you do say a couple pages back, which I of course agree with, but doesnt' change that the past couple pages might not have what they bring up.

As for why doesn't their page count matter? Uhh, well actually it does to help make sure you don't get mad at so meone who simply doesn't deserve it, but you certainly don't care about fault, you just want to be angry to the point you're willing to go out of your way on innocent people to do it. Plain and simple.

I don't like that, because it they don't deserve what you do to them.

Kraton

Single Wolf
There really isn't much to say too you if you're bent on considering this a 'flame' war. All I'm trying to point out, is demanding such a thing is silly and you retort to them as though you demand it. Now you do say a couple pages back, which I of course agree with, but doesnt' change that the past couple pages might not have what they bring up.

As for why doesn't their page count matter? Uhh, well actually it does to help make sure you don't get mad at so meone who simply doesn't deserve it, but you certainly don't care about fault, you just want to be angry to the point you're willing to go out of your way on innocent people to do it. Plain and simple.

I don't like that, because it they don't deserve what you do to them.

Can you two please not argue? You're on the same side. ^_^
Though I haven't really known you long at all, you both seem like fairly nice people. Even if it's by your own choice, you don't deserve to have your day ruined cause of some silly arguments.
If you have a problem with someone and they just won't quit, ignore them then. No reason to ruin your mood.
FA will be back up and running soon enough. Time will fly by and before you know it, it'll feel like just yesterday when it went down. So try to be happy that it isn't down permanently, kay?

Drakaji

Last edited:

seaweed

Ha, that's funny. I remember recently when it was just above a buck for the US, and it was the same here. NOW, it's $3.45 average in the US, and STILL about $1.10 over here. XD
Canada ROCKS!

*shakes her fist angerly*

DARN YOU,CANADAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! :p

Kraton

Single Wolf
*shakes her fist angerly*

DARN YOU,CANADAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! :p

XD and this was like RECENT, too. Maybe a month or two ago when I last heard it was about $1 over there. ^_^

Hey, if you don't like the high gas prices, move to Canada. I'll give you a warm welcome.
Oh, and it's not nearly as cold up here as most seem to think in the US. XD
Temperature outside right now (and during most other days) is around 85 degrees, sometimes a little cooler because of the wind. Rather nice weather, too.

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title

<<write for blood hound gang much?

uncia

XD and this was like RECENT, too. Maybe a month or two ago when I last heard it was about $1 over there. ^_^

Hey, if you don't like the high gas prices, move to Canada. I'll give you a warm welcome.
Erm, litre meet gallon...?

(Now be a good fur and dun keep seaweed off topic after they've been complaining about other people being so ;) *snowie ducks* ^^)

B

bpdude

not sure many of you know me, but I've been on FA for (I believe) 11/2-3 years. I'm not a big artist, if one at all (as you can see obviously from my home page =)). Sorry for not commenting or anything. I'm not a very outgoing person (kinda shy). But as for this thread... HOW DID THERE GET TO BE 118+ pages!!!??????

Anyways, I'd very gladly donate, but I sadly have no money. Sorry! =(
I really would, but, seeing as I'm only 17, and have no job (yet), I can't help at all financially. Again, sorry.

Kraton, I'm glad there's someone willing to "uphold the law", so to speak. I'm glad there's someone there to 'regulate' things. I admire those kinds of people! =)

Hope FurAffinity is up soon.

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie

BondoFox

I agree. I'm interested in seeing what the server equipment looks like, as I've never seen that kinda thing before.

You'd be disappointed. Look at your own PC and think of one 1/3-1/2 bigger, with extra fans that sounds like a small jet engine when you turn it on :)

Some are longer and about an inch high.

And with the exception of extra cooling, extra processors and memory, and multiple hard drives, it'll do what your PC does, only faster :)

BondoFox
www.bondofox.net
www.derekscorner.com

Status
Not open for further replies.