• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

LionLimner

Medievalist
Well, I like your art and there certainly is a lot of detail and beauty to it. Maiden of the night caught my eye instantly (I might be biased towards pretty dresses though!). The thing is, it's hard to see your artwork unless you scan it. The odd lighting is okay to show quick sketches, but even the Maiden artwork has distracting lighting holding it back.

I also looked at the dragon head practice image in your gallery. While it is executed well, there is glare from the light on the ink, making it harder to look past the lighting to the actual drawing.

TL;DR: Focus on getting really HQ images of your traditional art before considering commission work. It won't matter if anyone does want your work if it's hard to see. :(

BobTheGodly

Professional dabbler
instead of doing just commissions since your going to get a scanner anyway scan and reprint your work and sell it signed to people for less than a commission. Lower prices do mean more sales. But you would have to deal with shipping and custom messages people wanted.

Gazirra

I have the same exact problem! I posted on the Art Sales forum about a week ago, and nobody responded even after I've posted more examples and bumped a few times. I suppose I'll ask the same question. Here's my page: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/shamansquirrel/
Here's my Twitter poll:

I like your work. Elvey is freakin' adorable! I like the gheval examples. They look like something from the Cenozoic, especially due to the saber teeth. The proportions and details on your quadrupeds are definitely better than mine.
Now, there is one criticism I'm going to level here. Some of your stuff looks a bit too MS Paint to me. It looks a bit rough and unfinished. Your landscapes seem even more so. Even this stuff, though, I like.
My favorite piece is Elvey. That sort of drawing seems to work rather well with your current methods.
Keep it up!

ShamanSquirrel

I like your work. Elvey is freakin' adorable! I like the gheval examples. They look like something from the Cenozoic, especially due to the saber teeth. The proportions and details on your quadrupeds are definitely better than mine.
Now, there is one criticism I'm going to level here. Some of your stuff looks a bit too MS Paint to me. It looks a bit rough and unfinished. Your landscapes seem even more so. Even this stuff, though, I like.
My favorite piece is Elvey. That sort of drawing seems to work rather well with your current methods.
Keep it up!
I'm glad you like Elvey; he's a rather cute character. I've been using SAI lately; but earlier I've been using Krita. I've also tried out Sketchbook and Inkscape. I only use MS Paint to crop and add text.

Doodle Bunny

Definitely a rabbit... 100%...
Don’t get too discouraged. It’s hard for anyone to get commission work. The competition is crazy out there. You just have to keep drawing, advertising, and waiting for your lucky day.