• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sharing Music Through the Fandom

B

BlueWorrior

So I've grown curious of music made by and/or for furries and it got me wondering: how does one make his music known in a fandom?
dumb question, right? How does anything get popular?
I at least know how drawn art and crafted suits can amount attention. the visual arts is an important part of the fandom.
The only thing I know about the music that it's sometimes played in furry con dances? or am I mistaken?
If I wanted to theoretically make music for these events, How would I go about it?
Some clarification would be greatly appreciated!

JM10

Generic Husky #278
Yeah, the primary use would be furry convention dance parties. That being said, your music can become popular regardless through furry websites like FA if you just let people know about it. I personally enjoy your music and I bet that others in the community will as well, so just tell people about it and if it's good enough it'll spread!

By the way, I would try to email or talk in person to someone who organizes furry con events for music selection choices. I'm not any expert, but I'm sure they'd be happy to listen to your music and possibly have it played.

So I've grown curious of music made by and/or for furries and it got me wondering: how does one make his music known in a fandom?
dumb question, right? How does anything get popular?
I at least know how drawn art and crafted suits can amount attention. the visual arts is an important part of the fandom.
The only thing I know about the music that it's sometimes played in furry con dances? or am I mistaken?
If I wanted to theoretically make music for these events, How would I go about it?
Some clarification would be greatly appreciated!

B

BlueWorrior

Yeah, the primary use would be furry convention dance parties. That being said, your music can become popular regardless through furry websites like FA if you just let people know about it. I personally enjoy your music and I bet that others in the community will as well, so just tell people about it and if it's good enough it'll spread!

By the way, I would try to email or talk in person to someone who organizes furry con events for music selection choices. I'm not any expert, but I'm sure they'd be happy to listen to your music and possibly have it played.
thank you! I appreciate the reply, this thread was dead until now :L
So the music is selected by recommendation? I guess being well known and popular in the community would help too.
Well I've been doing better in term of attention than I was, so I just gotta keep em coming, I suppose!
I'd also be interested if you made that e-mail, that would be greatly appreciated! :D

JM10

Generic Husky #278
I doubt I'm the best person to make such an email. I was just saying that that's the way that I would go about getting your music acknowledged by con organizers. I'm pretty new to the fandom and this site anyway, so I would be an awful person to do the interactions. :p

thank you! I appreciate the reply, this thread was dead until now :L
So the music is selected by recommendation? I guess being well known and popular in the community would help too.
Well I've been doing better in term of attention than I was, so I just gotta keep em coming, I suppose!
I'd also be interested if you made that e-mail, that would be greatly appreciated! :D

B

BlueWorrior

I doubt I'm the best person to make such an email. I was just saying that that's the way that I would go about getting your music acknowledged by con organizers. I'm pretty new to the fandom and this site anyway, so I would be an awful person to do the interactions. :p
oh, ah I see! you meant I could find somebody to contact? on board now!
derp moment over :L