http://antispore.com/Antispore.com said:I created this blog to find support for and follow my progress in letting Electronic Arts know that their biggest attack on Christian values to date will not be tolerated. We can not allow the gaming industry to invade our homes and poison the minds of our children. After all, their billions in revenue and all the advertising in the world are no match for the power of God.
Any further comments? I can't come up with anything that wouldn't be too obvious at this point, but I'm sure others will.
More entertaining excerpts from the site:
- "This entire game is propaganda aimed directly at our children to teach them evolution instead of creationism, or â€œintelligent designâ€ if you go for stupid PC terms. The object of the game is to evolve from a â€œsporeâ€ into demon-like intelligent space creatures that violently take over the galaxy. Such as this one below."
- "Here we witness Will [Wright] drag on about evolution and his game for a bit, bragging about using millions of people as unpaid slaves to create content for his game."
- "It seems Will has suddenly switched gears from evolution to creation and is trying to say that in 18 days, Spore users did what God did in 7. So all of spore users add up to 38% of God. Unbelievable. Just another direct attack from a man who thinks he is unstoppable."
- "I think it is entirely possible that God created civilizations on other planets. But because Will Wright has brainwashed Frank Drake into thinking that life in the universe gave rise to â€œsuper humansâ€ on other planets that are better than us."
- "The treatment that hurts me the worst has been from all the people that talk about how Christian they are and then tell me to â€˜burn in f**king hellâ€™. Itâ€™s these people I think are â€˜giving Christians a bad nameâ€™ not myself."
- But the Bible teaches us that God was not done with man. For we were His creation and He then spoke to Noah in Genesis 8:21-27 after the flood.
â€œ21. The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: â€œNever again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never gonna give you up. 22. â€œNever gonna let you down.â€ 23.â€Never gonna run around and desert you.â€ 24. â€œNever gonna make you cry.â€ 25. â€œNever gonna say goodbye.â€ 26. â€œNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you.â€ 27.â€Never truly believe anything you read on the Internet. There will always be cases of Poeâ€™s Law.â€
And so, in a stroke of GTA syndrome, Spore manages to provide us not only with wholesome and pixel-shader-free entertainment, but also with real-world entertainment through sheer retardation of humankind.