• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Shots...

Do you ever get those shots?

• Always!

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Never~

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

Xenke

The one I went to did this too.
Why do they wait till this moment to ask and not before.
Or even after.
Why do they wait till this moment to ask and not before.

I'm manstruating right now.

It's 'Til, as in truncated "Until", not Till as in "a cash register or drawer for money in a store, bank, or restaurant".

While looking up "till" I disproved myself.

I feel so empty now...

Cam

Tick my laint

It's 'Til, as in truncated "Until", not Till as in "a cash register or drawer for money in a store, bank, or restaurant".

I feel so empty now...

I lulled

FancySkunk

Quite.
I never used to, but I had to this past year, and I'll probably have to get them the next few, as well.

I had pneumonia a couple years ago, so now I'm considered to be at high risk to get it again, and if I avoid the flu, I can help avoid that.

Rakuen Growlithe

Banned
Banned
Not very good but I don't get them. Then again I'm not in a high-risk group and seldom get sick anyway so it doesn't matter.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
You guys know that a vaccine doesn't just protect you, but everyone you come in contact with by breaking the chain of infection, right? While you might just get over the flu, someone's grandma that wouldn't have caught it if it weren't for you could die.

Kaine Wuff

I feel so empty now...

It's okay. I only just learned that meaning of 'till' a few weeks ago myself.

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
You guys know that a vaccine doesn't just protect you, but everyone you come in contact with by breaking the chain of infection, right? While you might just get over the flu, someone's grandma that wouldn't have caught it if it weren't for you could die.

Exactly. The amount of medical ignorance in this thread scares me.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
i never get them because they are absolutely pointless. the flu changes constantly, stressing your body with a shot like that just isnt worth it!

Xenke

You know what I didn't when I got "the flu" (still not sure that's what it was... didn't seem severe enough)? I locked myself in my room and risked not going to classes simply so I wouldn't get others sick. :I

You can deal with not having the shot.

Really, you're right though. I got it from one of my roommates. :I

Rakuen Growlithe

Banned
Banned
CaptainCool said:
i never get them because they are absolutely pointless. the flu changes constantly, stressing your body with a shot like that just isnt worth it!

They are not pointless and for some people (very old, very young, medical workers and people with compromised immune systems) they are almost essential. They don't just stress your body, they teach it to recognise the flu so it can fight it more effectively if you actually are infected. Yes the flu constantly changes, everything does, that's why you have to get a new vaccine every year. However it does not change so quickly that getting a shot is pointless.

Koronikov

I had the flu 3 consecutive years, I never got the damn shot until i got tired of having the damn flu. That being said i get the shot every couple of years or so

Viva

Now with 90% more of 90% less
I don't really care for preventative medicine too much. It has good intentions, but I don't want the flu to turn into the Fantastically Incureable Flu 2.0.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
other than the swine flu, i haven't gotten a serious cold in over eight years. it's because i have an incredible immune system.

on that note, did you know eating boogers drastically increases your immune system?

Nineteen-TwentySeven

Four Eyes; Zero Soul
This is why it sucks to be under 18. It's not like you get a letter saying "It's time for you X-shot!" It's more like, I made an appointment and your getting your X-shot on monday.

Thanks for reminding me that I have to get a whooping cough booster. Hooray for getting stabbed in the ass...

Xenke

other than the swine flu, i haven't gotten a serious cold in over eight years. it's because i have an incredible immune system.

on that note, did you know eating boogers drastically increases your immune system?

No surprise really, you'd be eating things you're body filtered out of the air for you. Extra things to throw at you're immune system.

TrinityWolfess

Sometimes. I never got the Swine flu shot and never got Swine flu =]
I haven't gotten sick in a few months so i'm happy about that.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I don't really care for preventative medicine too much. It has good intentions, but I don't want the flu to turn into the Fantastically Incureable Flu 2.0.

Vaccinations don't work like antibiotics :\

I

Ishnuvalok

You know what I didn't when I got "the flu" (still not sure that's what it was... didn't seem severe enough)? I locked myself in my room and risked not going to classes simply so I wouldn't get others sick. :I

You can deal with not having the shot.

Really, you're right though. I got it from one of my roommates. :I

You do know that when symptoms present themselves, you've already been infected for a few days, right? All that time you were spreading the disease.

This. When it comes to vaccination and disease prevention people are far too selfish.

"Oh, swine flu wasn't a big deal. It was just like the normal flu!" Yes, but it was far more infective than the normal flu. If it had been a larger pandemic, we would be looking at infrastructure to our society coming to a halt. Hospitals, businesses, law enforcement etc.

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
I have a very good immune system, but I always try to be up to date with my vaccinations. I hate needles, but between a few seconds of discomfort and a few years of boosted resistance to disease, the benefit is obvious.

That said, I still find the medical ignorance here horrifying, especially the claim that vaccinations tax your system. Hint: everything you get in a vaccination is dead. Inactive. Expired. Do the math.

slydude851

PSN ID: Slydude851
I wouldn't reply Always with an exclamation point, I'd more reply with a more subtle, more unhappy, "yeah..."

"Always!" is more of a reply for those people who have some sort of love for metallic needles being stuck in you in various places.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
I wouldn't reply Always with an exclamation point, I'd more reply with a more subtle, more unhappy, "yeah..."

"Always!" is more of a reply for those people who have some sort of love for metallic needles being stuck in you in various places.

unless you're phobic of vaccines but love needles.
then you're at a standoff.