• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Should animal abuse be punishable by prison time?

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Boohoo, big fucking deal. They killed a bunch of little disease carriers. I don't see how this is any more cruel than those so-called glue traps people seem to be so fond of. Restaurants boil lobsters alive too every day despite being able to kill them beforehand, and I don't see facebook activists crying about it. I'm surprised people are so rallied up over mouses.

The way people are reacting to this, I'd wager they'd have a heart attack if they'd known what bored kids generally do around here to pass time.
Islam don't exactly got kind views on stray animals

It's not the same killing an animal to eat than killing because you are a fucking psycho and bored

RockerFox

Meat Popsicle
Some people are just to crazy for society

Last edited:

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
It's not the same killing an animal to eat than killing because you are a fucking psycho and bored
Oh, I feel ya bro, certain animals are just food anyway.
Who gives a shit what happens to them before they're on my plate, am I right?
If these ladies were smart they could just claim they were going for some exquisite asian cuisine , or something. Haha.
I'm sure there's at least a few cultures out there fond of eating mice!

Boohoo, big fucking deal. They killed a bunch of little disease carriers. I don't see how this is any more cruel than those so-called glue traps people seem to be so fond of. Restaurants boil lobsters alive too every day despite being able to kill them beforehand, and I don't see facebook activists crying about it. I'm surprised people are so rallied up over mouses.

Are you saying people shouldn't be repulsed by what they did?

It isn't that they killed them, it is the method which they used to kill them that is disturbing, as well as their motive. It is f'ed up what they did. Yeah, so are glue traps... that's why they're banned in many places and many are opposed to them for the unnecessary and excessive cruelty they inflict. But most people who use them just want the animal dead, their purpose isn't really to torture it. No normal person tortures an animal to death for some laughs and attention... and that is why it's a big deal, they're psychopaths. Your lack of compassion makes you look like an ass here.

Last edited:
Islam don't exactly got kind views on stray animals

Islam also forbids torture of animals.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times]1. Allah has ordained kindness (and excellence) in everything. If the killing (of animals) is to be done, do it in the best manner, and when you slaughter, do it in the best manner by first sharpening the knife, and putting the animal at ease.
(Muslim).

2. If someone kills a sparrow for sport, the sparrow will cry out on the Day of Judgment, "O Lord! That person killed me in vain! He did not kill me for any useful purpose."
(Nisai).

3. Any part cut off a living animal is dead flesh.
(Unlawful to eat. The implication is that it is not allowed to mutilate a living animal.)
(Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Hakim).

4. The Prophet said, "Whoever kills a sparrow or anything bigger than that without a just cause, Allah will hold him accountable on the Day of Judgment." The listeners asked, "O Messenger of Allah, what is a just cause?" He replied, "That he will kill it to eat, not simply to chop off its head and then throw it away."
(Nisai, Hakim).

5. When you set your dog (for the chase), mention the name of Allah, if he catches the game, and you reach it while it is still alive, cut, its throat quickly (so it won't suffer)."
(Bukhari, Muslim).

6. If you send your dog after the game, and it eats part of it, you should not eat of it, for the dog has hunted for itself and not for you; but if you send the dog and it kills the game without eating it, you can eat it, as it has caught it for its master.
(Ahmad, Bukhari, Muslim).

[/FONT]
The way people are reacting to this, I'd wager they'd have a heart attack if they'd known what bored kids generally do around here to pass time.

Then perhaps they should be reigned in by their parents and taught about respect? Seems like you haven't been.

Xolani

Are you saying people shouldn't be repulsed by what they did?

It isn't that they killed them, it is the method which they used to kill them that is disturbing, as well as their motive. It is f'ed up what they did. Yeah, so are glue traps... that's why they're banned in many places and many are opposed to them for the unnecessary and excessive cruelty they inflict. But most people who use them just want the animal dead, their purpose isn't really to torture it. No normal person tortures an animal to death for some laughs and attention... and that is why it's a big deal, they're psychopaths. Your lack of compassion makes you look like an ass here.

I like how you keep trying to deflect attention from the widespread and pervasive animal cruelty in society as a whole so you can wave a stick at an extreme case that's more a symptom of the problem than a problem in itself.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Islam also forbids torture of animals.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/FONT]

Then perhaps they should be reigned in by their parents and taught about respect? Seems like you haven't been.
Holy wikipedia!
I meant strays specifically, as in stray dogs.
Dogs are viewed as generally unclean animals by some people because of an excerpt or two in the book. As a result, they're treated like dirt in certain places. You know how those extremists tend to pick out one or two bad things in a religion and follow them as a rule. It just so happens that the place I live at is filled with them!

But really, let's go back to raging and crying for capital punishment on people over the death of a few disease-ridden little critters!

killing animals because you are a fucking psycho

This people needs to die
Good job!

Kitsune Cross

Holy wikipedia!
I meant strays specifically, as in stray dogs.
Dogs are viewed as generally unclean animals by some people because of an excerpt or two in the book. As a result, they're treated like dirt in certain places. You know how those extremists tend to pick out one or two bad things in a religion and follow them as a rule. It just so happens that the place I live at is filled with them!

But really, let's go back to raging and crying for capital punishment on people over the death of a few disease-ridden little critters!

Good job!

Why you think human lives are more important than an animal life? These"disease-ridden little critter" didn't harm anyone, but those heartless motherfuckers make the world a lot more worse

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Why you think human lives are more important than an animal life? These"disease-ridden little critter" didn't harm anyone, but those heartless motherfuckers make the world a lot more worse
That's some quality misanthropy right there, my furry friend.
I strongly feel I shouldn't have to explain why the lives of human beings [in this particular case there's apparently a mother involved, no less] are worth more than that of little urban plagues.
The ammount of facebook activists calling for their deaths on the comments is honestly appauling.

Last edited:

Kitsune Cross

That's some quality misanthropy right there, my furry friend.
I strongly feel I shouldn't have to explain why the lives of human beings [in this particular case there's apparently a mother involved, no less] are worth more than that of little urban plagues.

Bullshit, misanthropy means to hate humans and I don't, I think all lifeforms are equally important, humans, animals, insects and plants. That won't prevent me from killing a bug for example but it doesn't make me more important than it.

You should have respect for all lives.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Bullshit, misanthropy means to hate humans and I don't, I think all lifeforms are equally important, humans, animals, insects and plants. That won't prevent me from killing a bug for example but it doesn't make me more important than it.

Tell me again how you want those girls to suffer painful deaths for killing a few mice.
facebook activists

stahp

plz

Last edited:
I like how you keep trying to deflect attention from the widespread and pervasive animal cruelty in society as a whole so you can wave a stick at an extreme case that's more a symptom of the problem than a problem in itself.

I'm not deflecting anything here, the topic is about whether punishments for animal cruelty are too lax. This was just an example. No matter how broad you want to be, or no matter how you want to talk about slaughterhouse conditions, that does not detract from the criticisms aimed at these women. You are also assuming that people who complain about cruelty such as this (me being an example here), do not care about other acts of cruelty due to their lifestyles. Well, you don't know my lifestyle, don't know my position on the issues of factory farming and such, and you assume a thread like this is a deflection (when it is not, it is just centring on one example of cruelty).

Next time someone hurts you or a friend, and you post about it, would you like me to lecture you about starving children in Africa, or the atrocities in Syria? What those women did was vile and disgusting, and should be punished for it, whether or not people are hypocrites about animal cruelty. I will say this one thing though, eating a steak is a far cry from torturing an animal because you wanted to post it on Facebook for a laugh or attention. I don't know if you're fishing for an argument here, but how about we have your thoughts on what those woman did, and if they should be punished? It just sounds like to me that you're pretty much saying "bla bla bla people shouldn't be disgusted by this because they're hypocrites as they eat meat, use animal products, etc". Why shouldn't they be disgusted? Are you proposing acts of animal cruelty such as this should be ignored simply because people are hypocritical? Where is the notion that broader issues like factory farming are ignored here?

I never mentioned capital punishment. Stop trolling please.

Last edited:

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
I never mentioned capital punishment. Stop trolling please.
I'm not aware if you noticed, but I wasn't specific to you. I wasn't even quoting you.
Do you even read your own thread? Jeez

I'm not aware if you noticed, but I wasn't specific to you. I wasn't even quoting you.
Do you even read your own thread? Jeez

You directly quoted me. Perhaps you should have worded it differently to avoid confusion. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you condoned what those women did, please correct this if it is in error.

Scath-mac-tire

I would love to see something like this be punishable in one way or another. If they killed the mice to keep them out of the house is one thing, but intentionally boiling them alive is horrible. If they did the same thing to anything bigger, even people, the America would completely flip on its side. Unfortunately the worst that would happen would be a very low fine, and that's really if anything.

Rilvor

Formal when angry

While I agree that one should have respect for life in general, you cannot equate the meaning of a mouse to that of a human in my opinion (Which coincidentally is of equal value to yours) simply because every human matters to another human but you will not find this present in mice.

Some animals are capable of mourning the dead of their kind, but these animals are in possession of vastly more potent brains.

Unless you'd like to start mourning your bedbugs, I think a little restraint isn't a bad thing.

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
Here in the states, a guy was found guilty of horse abuse. He showed Tennessee Walking Horses and used chemicals on the legs to cause pain, making the horses lift their feet higher in the show ring. He also put plastic zip-ties on the gums around the front teeth, again to cause the horse so much pain that it wouldn't react to the inspection of its legs at the shows. He actually confessed and was found guilty of it. Now he's back to JUDGING at the same kind of shows.

SHOULD abuse and cruelty be punished? Absolutely. Unfortunately, at least in the USA, there is rarely any kind of severe consequence. There's a difference between owners who become overwhelmed and are no longer able to properly care for their animal(s) and people who intentionally cause harm to an animal. The former should be given the opportunity to right the situation, or turn the animal over to be re-homed. Actual abusers should be barred from having any sort of animal, in addition to fines, jail time, community service, and possible mandatory mental health evaluations.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Yes. Because animal abuse in general is how some killers get their practice in. In Ontario someone was killing birds for sport, resuscitating them and snapping their necks. Another was essentially recreating the Viking eagle(?) with dogs.

How it takes so long for people to wake up and realize 'oh geeze, maybe this ISNT okay' and put aside their indifferent 'animals don't have souls anyway' is beyond me.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
You have a case like this where three people publicly gloat and have a laugh on their Facebook about capturing three mice in a pot, and boiling them alive. They're from Australia, and over there it is illegal to do something like that. At the very moment the RSPCA is investigating it, but I just wonder if these vile people will actually be punished. A slap on the wrist just won't do, given their motive and the brutal nature of the act. What punishment do you think these people, and similar incidents, should get? Are penalties for animal torture/abuse too lax?

Totally, it shows their soul and morality is broken, and prison is (theoretically) built for people like that, for the protection of everyone else or 'til their head gets better.

Seems a no-brainer to me.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
This thread is from 2013.

Why bump this?

It's a bit of a strange topic anyway; most nations and territories already impose custodial sentences for these crimes.

quoting_mungo

This thread is from 2013.

Why bump this?

It's a bit of a strange topic anyway; most nations and territories already impose custodial sentences for these crimes.
I have my suspicions about the nature of the account doing the revival, let’s say. Could be innocent but unfortunate overlap with common bot behavior, though. *shrug*

I do feel like this thread needs to differentiate between neglect/abuse-through-naive-incompetence and explicit, intentional cruelty. Mandatory custodial sentences (or even mandatory bans on keeping animals) for the former isn’t a good solution when education and support could improve both the person’s and the animal’s situation. Intentional cruelty essentially amounting to property crime, as in some jurisdictions, is “convenient,” from a lawmaking standpoint, but leaves big cracks in animal protection.

O

O.D.D.

On one hand, animal abusers are extremely unwell and need serious help.

On the other, few things make me more head-exploding angry than animal abuse. That shit sends me straight into homicidal mood territory.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
On one hand, animal abusers are extremely unwell and need serious help.

On the other, few things make me more head-exploding angry than animal abuse. That shit sends me straight into homicidal mood territory.
I can't fathom abusing an animal. It's cruel beyond words. Sociopathy is a disease of the mind and needs to be addressed.

O

O.D.D.

I can't fathom abusing an animal. It's cruel beyond words. Sociopathy is a disease of the mind and needs to be addressed.
I actually particularly loathe the "it's just gonna be meat anyway lol" stuff I hear from some onlookers when things like the Hormel factory farm abuse scandal erupted

Maybe they will end up as food, but that's absolutely NOT an excuse to make them miserable before they go, the utter disrespect and ingratitude that attitude conveys just utterly blows my mind.