• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Should you pop pimples?

Yes er neh

• Yeh

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Neh

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Draakc from State Farm

Shitpost God
Banned
My parents say yes bit meh teacher says no

quoting_mungo

Should you? With very few exceptions, no. (Basically if one turns into an abscess a doctor may need to lance it. This is not a common occurrence!)

It’s hella satisfying, though, NGL.

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
Should you? With very few exceptions, no. (Basically if one turns into an abscess a doctor may need to lance it. This is not a common occurrence!)

It’s hella satisfying, though, NGL.
Having had abscesses (absceses?) on my face before, I'll say the satisfaction of having it pierced is outweighed by the pain/disgust factor :p

quoting_mungo

Having had abscesses (absceses?) on my face before, I'll say the satisfaction of having it pierced is outweighed by the pain/disgust factor :p
My brother was at risk of blood poisoning from a pimple on his back that turned into an abscess. I’m not trying to say that’s happy fun times, indeed.

Popping regular old pimples is what can be oddly satisfying.

(Also, my condolences on the face abscesses - that sounds awful!)

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
The only pimple I advise to pop is the one between ears.

Kinare

RAWR
"No because it leaves scarring" basically, but I always popped mine and have no scars. That said, for most people that's untrue, and I had a few friends in high school that popped theirs too and all of them had such awful scars.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
If you could get it cleaned well after popping, yes. If you aren't sure, then no.

inkbloom

plant mom and mom friend
You shouldn't pop your pimples, no matter how satisfying.
I've heard that you should instead try to dry them out. Friends of mine have even put toothpaste on theirs to mixed results.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I think the only acceptable answer here is to consult your physician or a dermatologist.
It's irresponsible to ask for medical advice like this and actually illegal to give it without being an actual doctor.

inkbloom

plant mom and mom friend
I think the only acceptable answer here is to consult your physician or a dermatologist.
It's irresponsible to ask for medical advice like this and actually illegal to give it without being an actual doctor.
Isn't that only true if we're claiming to be doctors and claiming our opinions as professional?
It is somewhat irresponsible to ask for medical advice of strangers on the internet, lord knows what you'll come up with, but pimples are relatively minor and so far the worst is my idiot friends putting toothpaste on their face. Which I do not recommend, for what it's worth.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Isn't that only true if we're claiming to be doctors and claiming our opinions as professional?
It is somewhat irresponsible to ask for medical advice of strangers on the internet, lord knows what you'll come up with, but pimples are relatively minor and so far the worst is my idiot friends putting toothpaste on their face. Which I do not recommend, for what it's worth.
Just saying.
Pimples can be caused by a multitude of different causes.

Draakc from State Farm

Shitpost God
Banned

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I typically only get one or two around my time of the month. If they're white heads and ready (and painful) I will, but I get no satisfaction from doing it. I still find it gross.

I know I've seen other people with acne scars, but me myself, have never had any. The people I have met that do have them though, usually go beyond just popping them and usually cake the area in makeup and make it worse. Or try to stab it with a pin before it's even left the red stage. o_O