• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Show me the evolution of your fursonas

sharprealmcomics

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sharprealmcomics/
I always love seeing how a characters have progresses over time. maybe your species of animal has changed or maybe he became evil or good?

Or he or she stared out as a fan character and became your own character over time. its always so fascinating to see. and of course how old they are! some of mine are from 2005

Attachments

• 5656565tfg.jpg
    5656565tfg.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 74
  • sizart.jpg
    sizart.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 63
  • sq.jpg
    sq.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 13123231.jpg
    13123231.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 71

Wollymon

Heya!
originally, I had just wanted to make a fursona so I chose a small goat with spots all over it, I named it Teardrop

I wanted to make him fluffier, so I made him a sheep. I kept of changing his design constantly from there, at one point he was a beach bum with a purple jacket who worked at a music studio....

It didnt seem right that a sheep would live in a warm coastal area so I changed it to northern Rode Island, since I would like to move there someday.

Also gave him a russian accent because I can
changed his name to Bethley

also, he looks like a femboy

sharprealmcomics

originally, I had just wanted to make a fursona so I chose a small goat with spots all over it, I named it Teardrop

I wanted to make him fluffier, so I made him a sheep. I kept of changing his design constantly from there, at one point he was a beach bum with a purple jacket who worked at a music studio....

It didnt seem right that a sheep would live in a warm coastal area so I changed it to northern Rode Island, since I would like to move there someday.

Also gave him a russian accent because I can
changed his name to Bethley

also, he looks like a femboy
lol hes been threw a lot how old is he

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Telnac was originally a silver dragon NPC in a 4 year long D&D campaign I ran. He joined the players’ party as a hatchling after the PCs freed him from the recurring bad guy NPC who was the campaign’s main villain. 4 years later, the villain (who gained power as the OCs did) had killed the entire pantheon of the world. The PCs had ascended to godhood and after they killed the villain they becane the new pantheon. Telnac (now a mature adult thanks to some magical aging) became the new god of magic & the racial god of all good dragons. That was the end of the campaign and since the world was one I created for that campaign I never reused it or its new gods.

Telnac became my fursona sometime later when I created an account on FA. I originally just borrowed his name from the now defunct D&D campaign. I thought about using his backstory from the campaig but since so many ppl say that they & their fursona are one & the same, saying Telnac is the god of all good dragons would be just a TAD pretentious! :cool:

Telnac’s first non-D&D backstory is essentially a transhumanist fantasy. It assumed that FTL technology is 100% impossible. There was alien first contact in the 2070s but with an intelligent probe left in the Solar System millions of years ago not durectky with aliens themselves. (Inspired by the movie 2001, without all the ape killing & the ending acid trip.) Telnac’s human predecessor had his memories copied into a machine simulation when he was an old man. When he died Telnac was “born.” Telnac’s body was custom built and he’s been a robot ever since.

Telnac’s current backstory was revised to include FTL technology.

[begin detailed science info; you can skip this if you’re not a science nerd like I am]
Experiments on quantum entanglement show that quantum information does in fact travel much, much faster than light for entangled pairs. No useful information is exchanged that fast, and most scientists say that it’s impossible to exhance useful information faster than light. However, that assumes that causality is a fundamental law of nature, and I don’t think that it is. Quantum information may not be useful infirmation but it IS information and it CAN be exhanged faster than light. I think clever people will find a way to exploit this & build FTL communication and transportation technology.
[end science nerd talk]

Telnac’s backstory was changed so that first contact included aliens teleporting faster than light to actually meet us. The opening of trade & diplomatic relations across the galaxy jumped the technology level quite a bit. Telnac’s body was always capable of spaceflight but it now includes an alien-built interstellar teleportation drive and he’s now connected to the galactic equivalent of the Internet 24/7. His profession is a business consultant specializing in interstellar trade. Since few human physical products appeal to alien consumers, his main client is the entertainment industry. Apparently human barbaric entertainment filled with violence is considered exotic to alien customers and sells better across the galaxy than it does on Earth.

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
The closest thing I have to a fursona is Sunburst so I'll talk about him.

Back in 2014 on a website called Chicken Smoothie, I was really into this adoptables thread called "Thimble Kitties." You could order customs and breed them and stuff, too. I was a little weeb back then so I got an Okami TK and someone asked if they could breed their polka-dot one with her so we did. One of the offspring looked like this:

ofixh_th.jpg
(EDIT: Found the actual post, too. It's here)

A few years later after the thread died, I found this TK again and slightly redesigned him, naming him Sunburst. He was a feral OC first, back before I became a furry.

Here's his first drawing from me, made in October 2016. Here

I converted him to anthro in December 2016 when I decided to add him to a story I wrote called Cheating Death. His outfit is from Tomodachi Collection because I remembered seeing that outfit when I played and I thought it went well with his colors.

He was an over-excited, slightly egotistical character at first but he became a fun, kindhearted character with a weird sense of humor and, sadly, low self-esteem.

Last edited:

Foenixblood

75% gryphon, 25% phoenix, 100% fun, got a dutchie
I only had this sona for about over a month so not much has really changed about him, but he was constantly changing while he was in my mind when I first started having dreams about this character and finally settled into what you see. Currently I'm thinking of doing some sort of remake and just cutting out the phoenix aspect all together and just have him be 100% gryphon

Last edited:

sharprealmcomics

Telnac was originally a silver dragon NPC in a 4 year long D&D campaign I ran. He joined the players’ party as a hatchling after the PCs freed him from the recurring bad guy NPC who was the campaign’s main villain. 4 years later, the villain (who gained power as the OCs did) had killed the entire pantheon of the world. The PCs had ascended to godhood and after they killed the villain they becane the new pantheon. Telnac (now a mature adult thanks to some magical aging) became the new god of magic & the racial god of all good dragons. That was the end of the campaign and since the world was one I created for that campaign I never reused it or its new gods.

Telnac became my fursona sometime later when I created an account on FA. I originally just borrowed his name from the now defunct D&D campaign. I thought about using his backstory from the campaig but since so many ppl say that they & their fursona are one & the same, saying Telnac is the god of all good dragons would be just a TAD pretentious! :cool:

Telnac’s first non-D&D backstory is essentially a transhumanist fantasy. It assumed that FTL technology is 100% impossible. There was alien first contact in the 2070s but with an intelligent probe left in the Solar System millions of years ago not durectky with aliens themselves. (Inspired by the movie 2001, without all the ape killing & the ending acid trip.) Telnac’s human predecessor had his memories copied into a machine simulation when he was an old man. When he died Telnac was “born.” Telnac’s body was custom built and he’s been a robot ever since.

Telnac’s current backstory was revised to include FTL technology.

[begin detailed science info; you can skip this if you’re not a science nerd like I am]
Experiments on quantum entanglement show that quantum information does in fact travel much, much faster than light for entangled pairs. No useful information is exchanged that fast, and most scientists say that it’s impossible to exhance useful information faster than light. However, that assumes that causality is a fundamental law of nature, and I don’t think that it is. Quantum information may not be useful infirmation but it IS information and it CAN be exhanged faster than light. I think clever people will find a way to exploit this & build FTL communication and transportation technology.
[end science nerd talk]

Telnac’s backstory was changed so that first contact included aliens teleporting faster than light to actually meet us. The opening of trade & diplomatic relations across the galaxy jumped the technology level quite a bit. Telnac’s body was always capable of spaceflight but it now includes an alien-built interstellar teleportation drive and he’s now connected to the galactic equivalent of the Internet 24/7. His profession is a business consultant specializing in interstellar trade. Since few human physical products appeal to alien consumers, his main client is the entertainment industry. Apparently human barbaric entertainment filled with violence is considered exotic to alien customers and sells better across the galaxy than it does on Earth.
awsome wow! i love dnd story to death was your world lol im a second ed guy my self lol old advanced dnd ^^ i had no idea your dragen was from dnd i have my rpg charcter to still to this day after i lost some my eye sight i stoped playing but maybye one day ill pick it back up. lol funny thing is the bad guy in my dnd campin was the dragen god XD who was unleashed when Ragnarok happned and weakond the gods as they wher the only thing keeping him in hes prison. LO my character was a 8 foot bird mutand lol (hes on my FA page

sharprealmcomics

I only had this sona for about over a month so not much has really changed about him, but he was constantly changing while he was in my mind when I first started having dreams about this character and finally settled into what you see. Currently I'm thinking of doing some sort of remake and just cutting out the phoenix aspect all together and just have him be 100% gryphon
^^ my vert first pictuer of my character was in 2005 looked like a gheto squirrel XD or flaver flave squirrel XD

sharprealmcomics

let's see here..
the only original thing i have of ren is this
0UpPtmYwQx2JJcmB545g6A.png

then this was his second design
hello_there_by_acceleratorslaugh-d812f5x.png

and now we're finally here!
1510125464.rhelarts_a_good_monster_boi.png

edit: it's an art style development too, i guess!
hes hands are bigger thqan my body - i like that haha very handsome cat guy hes evolved very well over the years

sharprealmcomics

The closest thing I have to a fursona is Sunburst so I'll talk about him.

Back in 2014 on a website called Chicken Smoothie, I was really into this adoptables thread called "Thimble Kitties." You could order customs and breed them and stuff, too. I was a little weeb back then so I got an Okami TK and someone asked if they could breed their polka-dot one with her so we did. One of the offspring looked like this:

ofixh_th.jpg
(EDIT: Found the actual post, too. It's here)

A few years later after the thread died, I found this TK again and slightly redesigned him, naming him Sunburst. He was a feral OC first, back before I became a furry.

Here's his first drawing from me, made in October 2016. Here

I converted him to anthro in December 2016 when I decided to add him to a story I wrote called Cheating Death. His outfit is from Tomodachi Collection because I remembered seeing that outfit when I played and I thought it went well with his colors.

He was an over-excited, slightly egotistical character at first but he became a fun, kindhearted character with a weird sense of humor and, sadly, low self-esteem.
thats a very defreint origon i dout that 20 p[eaple have ever used the site you wher taking about very facanating and hes tunred out so well to

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
awsome wow! i love dnd story to death was your world lol im a second ed guy my self lol old advanced dnd ^^ i had no idea your dragen was from dnd i have my rpg charcter to still to this day after i lost some my eye sight i stoped playing but maybye one day ill pick it back up. lol funny thing is the bad guy in my dnd campin was the dragen god XD who was unleashed when Ragnarok happned and weakond the gods as they wher the only thing keeping him in hes prison. LO my character was a 8 foot bird mutand lol (hes on my FA page
Thanks! I’ve been playing D&D 35 years & DMing most of that time. I mostly play 3.5 or 5th edition. I found AD&D too limiting and 2nd ed grossly unbalanced. 3.5 suffers some from that too but what is unbalanced can be fixed pretty easily with some minor house rules. 4th ed isn’t even D&D. It’s a paper & pencil MMO. 5th ed is pretty good but few ppl my age want to make the switch from 3.5.

sharprealmcomics

Thanks! I’ve been playing D&D 35 years & DMing most of that time. I mostly play 3.5 or 5th edition. I found AD&D too limiting and 2nd ed grossly unbalanced. 3.5 suffers some from that too but what is unbalanced can be fixed pretty easily with some minor house rules. 4th ed isn’t even D&D. It’s a paper & pencil MMO. 5th ed is pretty good but few ppl my age want to make the switch from 3.5.
yes your right 2 Ed is limiting ...well granted dnd is what you make it so play 2nd ed and the limitations i use all the resources of dnd to kinda get around the race limitations ...the class limitations can acouly be seen as a positive as your class has wight to them makes them feel more like a class...unlike 4 ED witch mind as well have no classes. ^^ ive played 3. and ..it had SO many sub classes and class races (dwarfing all of 2nd ed's 120 classes that wher made. witch makes them all feel the same to me. :p

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
yes your right 2 Ed is limiting ...well granted dnd is what you make it so play 2nd ed and the limitations i use all the resources of dnd to kinda get around the race limitations ...the class limitations can acouly be seen as a positive as your class has wight to them makes them feel more like a class...unlike 4 ED witch mind as well have no classes. ^^ ive played 3. and ..it had SO many sub classes and class races (dwarfing all of 2nd ed's 120 classes that wher made. witch makes them all feel the same to me. :p
I like it because it gives more options at high level so your characters don’t feel so 1-dimensional. You can have a wizard who can tank, a monk who can cast spells, a bard who... sucks less, et cetera. (5th ed bards are actually pretty good but they still suck in 3.5).

sharprealmcomics

I like it because it gives more options at high level so your characters don’t feel so 1-dimensional. You can have a wizard who can tank, a monk who can cast spells, a bard who... sucks less, et cetera. (5th ed bards are actually pretty good but they still suck in 3.5).
Well in 2ed the idea was you could get around those limitations using certain types of magic items witch could make it more exiting- a wizard could use the rode of lordly might ( become a flaming sword or mace or club and a wizard could use it) and cast Tenser berserk rage and be more powerful than your 20 fighter and bards always got a bad rep but i always though they wher great explicitly sub class bard's. -Blade being my fav Also druids get a bad rep as well but their my fav class in dnd (shape changer) -imp all dnd books have their flaws you just gota choose what you like...some say that dnd in gen is all flawed and Runequist is a better dnd? But ive never played it.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Never played Runequest

sharprealmcomics

Never played Runequest
me nether. ive heard its like a simple dnd stripped down..i dun :p i dont play to mutch outside of dnd but i have played All the other types of dnds sutch as Dark Sun (my fav Raven loft or Planscape

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
thats a very defreint origon i dout that 20 p[eaple have ever used the site you wher taking about very facanating and hes tunred out so well to

Actually, you'd be surprised. CS has nearly a million members as, deespite its odd name, it's actually just a forum site where you can adopt virtual pets. But its more popular function is the forum for users over 13 such as myself. It has a giant art community and it gets at least 100 posts in the commission forum alone each day.