You did a fantastic job of improving the surfboard! The shape (flat tail, straight sides) is called the alaia. Her choice of board implies a lot about her personality:
Thanks so much, appreciate the advice before.You did a fantastic job of improving the surfboard! The shape (flat tail, straight sides) is called the alaia. Her choice of board implies a lot about her personality:
- She doesn't follow the crowd. Not many surfers ride alaias.
- She has a reverence for and curiosity towards the past. Alaias are the most ancient type of surfboard, used by Hawaiian nobility for a thousand years.
- She wants to advertise her above-average skill. Alaias can be quite difficult to control (due to the absence of fins), but an expert surfer can get perfect tube rides if they have good sense of the water. It's the equivalent of the "Luke, you've switched off your targeting computer" moment from Star Wars, where raw skill allows one to discard technological crutches.
- She is environmentally conscious. Alaia boards are made from sustainably-grown wood, avoiding the harmful byproducts of epoxy and fiberglass.
- She may have a DIY streak. These boards can be made with simple (non-power) tools.
If you want to know more, here's an interview with Tom Wegener, a shaper who makes alaias.
It makes the character really stand out, I love it!
Thanks! I really have been trying to work on my lighting; I'm glad to hear it's paying off and that I am an inspirationI absolutely adore your lighting!! :000 I've been watching to learn better lighting for a while, you are an inspiration Also, that kiss and bridal carry pose is sooo cute X3