• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

show me yours I'll show you mine (art of course)!

I am really new to FA and would love to watch eachother if you guys would like! (and you like my work of course)
I also love seeing others works and am not the best at navigating the site xD so show me what your proud of <3
23881953@400-1497834090.jpg
23873816@400-1497762451.jpg

23875937@400-1497790371.jpg
23896265@400-1497962779.jpg

Activoid

Ace Artist
Ho gad there's some super cute art on this page. I love cutesy things and cute bunny girl fursonas! <3
Also hyenas, def one of my favorite animals just in general.

I got a page on FurAffinity with my stuff under the same username ( Userpage of activoid -- Fur Affinity [dot] net ), now I really wanna do some hyena and bunny stuff thanks to you guys. Also birbs. Love birbs. <3333

Ho gad there's some super cute art on this page. I love cutesy things and cute bunny girl fursonas! <3
Also hyenas, def one of my favorite animals just in general.

I got a page on FurAffinity with my stuff under the same username ( Userpage of activoid -- Fur Affinity [dot] net ), now I really wanna do some hyena and bunny stuff thanks to you guys. Also birbs. Love birbs. <3333
ah i am happy you like my stuff very much >.< it seems awully hard to be noticed on this site at all
i hardly see any birbs... hmmmm

Beatle9

Ash Cinder
I was debating whether to show this or not, but thought "Why not?"
I made this a few weeks ago to tape on the inside of a birthday card for my GF. She's not a Furry, but I made her a fursona anyway.
(It's an otter, if my drawing was so bad you couldn't tell)
tumblr_orxrawU8Dg1uv3hlzo1_500.jpg

P.S. she thought it was cute.

JesterKatz

But, surely you jest.
I like your soft styles. Is it all digital?

I specialize more in 3D since I'm not very good at 2D art. But this is one of my better attempts at 2D digital drawing.

1470880289.jesterkatz_deergirl.png

JesterKatz

But, surely you jest.
@JesterKatz Well heck dude, post some 3D art then. The way you say it makes it sound like it doesn't count or something. LOL.
3D is valid art too, friendo. <3

Well it feels like it's "cheating" considering the computer is doing most of the work. But if you insist, here's a couple of renders:

1493473495.jesterkatz_lillywake.png

1425085102.jesterkatz_adventuress_final.png

Activoid

Ace Artist
@JesterKatz Bruh... if you believe that putting hours of work into modeling, texturing, rendering, posing, and making a composition for a piece is the computer doing the work for you... you're selling yourself short, dude. 3D digital work is no easy feat that any common man can just pick up and do. LOL. I actually do some 3D stuff as well, and like the topic title goes: since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine.

Shot composition:
shoot1.png 9shot4.png shoot111.png

Character design/modeling/texturing:
carlhires5.png

Lighting/rendering:
test5.png

Just some scene props I modeled for an IP of mine:
coffeemakertest1.png computertowertest1.png recordplayertest1.png teapotsettest1.png

First 3 pics are composition screenshots for an animatic test for a job application (I got the job), the character models and provided script and audio weren't mine and the only thing I actually modeled was the background, then posed everything out and threw some really rudimentary lighting on it. Anyways, 3D art is hella legit. There are entire careers in various industries out there that make like $100K+ a year doing what you do. I had a job that was mostly staging and posing characters that other people had modeled and animated at a game dev studio last year, then got to model some things for a virtual reality project later.

Trust me when I say the computer wasn't doing most of the work. Otherwise they would be paying the computer to do it, not me. Haha. And luckily we still don't have computers that can understand art, aesthetic, cinematic design, and decision making. Even if you're just rendering, or lighting a scene, that's a whole art form in itself with insane amounts of artistic and technical nuances that the average person would not pick up on without first being taught. B]

Computers are only a tool, and I'd say you are skilled at using your tool very well. You're doing something that very few people can do. Not everyone can grab an axe and create a wooden sculpture out of a tree, even if the axe is technically "doing most of the work". Don't ever think you are cheating. : )

TL;DR VERSION: Your stuff is really good, 3D art is not cheating, also it's where the money is at.