• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Shower thoughts

anonfoxer

trans girl, arctic fox, dingus.
The "new definition" of stanning and stan culture does it no justice, and if anything the "old definition" (i.e. An overly obsessive fan that will go to extreme and unhealthy lengths to support a creator or an idol [often including stalking, the name being a combo of stalker and fan]) is becoming more and more true every day as a newer generation of the internet is growing and becoming more prevalent and as a newer generation of the internet finds content creators they like, for better or for worse.
right now, the "new definition" of stan downplays what is really going on, and makes it seem more like a "trend" and therefore more attractive to "be a part of" (both due to it becoming "popular" and fomo)

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
there's a web culture that believes you can transport your consciousness into a parallel dimension.

nobody has been successful except for those on halucinagens and people dreaming.

well did you know there's another culture that believes people in another dimension are doing the same back to us.

if it was simply that the occassional morning brain was blamed on it then that would be fine.

the truth is they invented it to commit crimes and blame it on mind invaders from another world.

i'd say get the hell off this planet but then again isn't that exactly what they want?

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
Do flat earthers belive the world is 2 sided, id you reach the edge of the page, do you fall away, or end up on the bottom section, how thick is the edge, could if give you a paper cut...

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
If you really think about it, nothing on the earth actually fully goes away, it just takes another form. Garbage just goes to another location, using an eraser just puts smaller bits of eraser all over your floor, filing your nails makes dust, etc etc
Nothing leaves the earth, it just leaves our possession...

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
If you really think about it, nothing on the earth actually fully goes away, it just takes another form. Garbage just goes to another location, using an eraser just puts smaller bits of eraser all over your floor, filing your nails makes dust, etc etc
Nothing leaves the earth, it just leaves our possession...
well the laws of alchemy dictate that nothing is ever created or destroyed, just that it changes form.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
An event with a probability of occurring of 30% of the time has the same probability of occurring in any instance where it would be possible. However, the probability of the event occurring twice in a row is lower.

Therefore, if the event has already occurred once the probability subsequent occurrence is both 30% and less than 30%, because the secondary event of a back to back occurrence is at a rate below the 30%, even though the independent probability is still 30%. I hate probability.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
An event with a probability of occurring of 30% of the time has the same probability of occurring in any instance where it would be possible. However, the probability of the event occurring twice in a row is lower.

Therefore, if the event has already occurred once the probability subsequent occurrence is both 30% and less than 30%, because the secondary event of a back to back occurrence is at a rate below the 30%, even though the independent probability is still 30%. I hate probability.

Coin flips are an easier example to work with.

Coin flips don't depend on previous flips- a coin is just as likely to turn up heads even if you've already flipped 100 heads.

So that's an intuitive way of imagining it. If you've already had 100 heads, your chance of getting 101 is 50%. It's not both 50% and less than 50%, it's just 50% at that point.

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight

What's the probability of you getting a smooch tho?

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Coin flips are an easier example to work with.

Coin flips don't depend on previous flips- a coin is just as likely to turn up heads even if you've already flipped 100 heads.

So that's an intuitive way of imagining it. If you've already had 100 heads, your chance of getting 101 is 50%. It's not both 50% and less than 50%, it's just 50% at that point.
Yeah. There's a 50% chance of flipping a heads.

But the probability of flipping two heads in a row is only 25%.

Therefore, if one has already flipped a heads, the probability for the next flip is simultaneously 50% (independent) and 25% (dependent secondary event). :p

What's the probability of you getting a smooch tho?
Better be 100%, or else I'll have to force the situation.

By triggering the event's initiation requirements repeatedly until the desired result has occurred, of course. ;)

D

Deleted member 134556

Your shadow is pretty much a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Yeah. There's a 50% chance of flipping a heads.

But the probability of flipping two heads in a row is only 25%.

Therefore, if one has already flipped a heads, the probability for the next flip is simultaneously 50% (independent) and 25% (dependent secondary event). :p

Better be 100%, or else I'll have to force the situation.

By triggering the event's initiation requirements repeatedly until the desired result has occurred, of course. ;)

Here's how you can tell they're not dependent events. If you flip 2 coins at the same time, then the chance of 2 heads is still 25%, and each individual coin had a chance of 50% of having heads.

No math trolling. >:{

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Everyone I've ever met has either been younger or older than me, never exactly the same age.

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
Do British websites use biscuits?

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
If opposite day was a thing, would that mean that the green light means stop, the yellow light means speed up, and the red light means go? Would that also mean the hand icon means to walk, and the walk icon means to stop? Would the thirty second timer start at one, then go back to thrirty?

Would cops get arrested by the robbers?