• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Siberian Cupcakes (infinitely adorable domesticated foxes)

Gushousekai195

Wants to ride in a Hydro Bronc
I am surprised no one in the fandom other than me is aware of Siberian Cupcakes, a commitee formed by a husband and wife in Salt Lake City, Utah to introduce Russian domesticated foxes into the US and also start a US breed of domesticated foxes. The flagship critters of Siberian Cupcakes are two Georgian White foxes, male and female, named Boris and Sophie. They also have ranch raised foxes for their domestication breeding program, one is a practically Red male named Chudo and another is a white marble female named Ishka.

Please have a look at these videos I pulled from Youtube, as these foxes are very irreproachable. I especially think that you will be overloaded by cuteness when you hear these foxes vocalize:

They also have a Facebook page where more photos and video can be found. Enjoy the salient foxes.

If this gets more furs buzzing, maybe one day Siberian Cupcakes will be GOH at a con. Maybe... just maybe...

Last edited:
I saw these little guys on YouTube a few weeks ago. They are so tremendously cute that I seriously fear for my health when I view them.

Watch at your own risk, people.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I hope the trend of getting foxes as pets doesn't catch on - they don't make good pets, they're incredibly destructive and smell

Not to mention many people don't know that the "Russian domestication program" is actually a fur farm that wanted foxes who were easier to handle

I hope the trend of getting foxes as pets doesn't catch on - they don't make good pets, they're incredibly destructive and smell

Not to mention many people don't know that the "Russian domestication program" is actually a fur farm that wanted foxes who were easier to handle
I want one and you can't stop me >:c

Volkodav

Dad****er
I want one and you can't stop me >:c
Enjoy having your walls torn to shreds, a carpet less house, people who will try to get your fox taken away at every chance they get, having to build an outdoor enclosure with dig proof floor and roof (and people "accidentally" hunting your fox while he's in his enclosure), a musky scent that will never go away and your fox being PTS if someone lies even once about it biting someone
The fox community is also a bit batty and they always seem to be trying to get each other's foxes killed or stealing them, it's very weird

Volkodav

Dad****er
Evidence... now.
I'm on mobile so al you've got is my own word -- someone who buys furs and knows people who buy from these ranches for taxidermy purposes
IIRC the first time foxes were sold from there, they bit the owners and were returned

Gushousekai195

Wants to ride in a Hydro Bronc
I'm on mobile so al you've got is my own word -- someone who buys furs and knows people who buy from these ranches for taxidermy purposes
IIRC the first time foxes were sold from there, they bit the owners and were returned

Volkodav

Dad****er

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
They are cute and all but I don't think foxes would make a good pet for an average Joe

Feral-Fox

Insomniac/film maker
I am surprised no one in the fandom other than me is aware of Siberian Cupcakes, a commitee formed by a husband and wife in Salt Lake City, Utah to introduce Russian domesticated foxes into the US and also start a US breed of domesticated foxes. The flagship critters of Siberian Cupcakes are two Georgian White foxes, male and female, named Boris and Sophie. They also have ranch raised foxes for their domestication breeding program, one is a practically Red male named Chudo and another is a white marble female named Ishka.

Please have a look at these videos I pulled from Youtube, as these foxes are very irreproachable. I especially think that you will be overloaded by cuteness when you hear these foxes vocalize:

They also have a Facebook page where more photos and video can be found. Enjoy the salient foxes.

If this gets more furs buzzing, maybe one day Siberian Cupcakes will be GOH at a con. Maybe... just maybe...

I just stumbled across this post randomly, and I haven't been happier! This totally made my day less shitty :D
So thank you :)

PrismaKitty

Draws with Claws
What beautiful creatures! <3 There's an instagram I follow of someone who owns a fox as a pet and they give a lot of really good information about keeping foxes as pets and how difficult it can be. Hope y'all don't mind if I share a post they wrote about keeping a fox as a pet. I learned a lot of things I had no idea about before. Thought other might find it interesting as well. :)
Due to all of our new followers this is an updated informational post regarding caring for foxes.
Everyday I see multiple comments where people say "I want one" some of you aren't serious, but for those of you that are, here's a few facts.
Foxes are not like owning a dog or cat. Foxes smell. Bad. Their urine and feces smell like skunk mixed with ammonia. There is no way to “de-scent” a fox. You cannot keep a fox indoors 24/7. Foxes are destructive, they will destroy things in your house. Foxes must be fed some raw meats and bone content in their diet. They also need taurine, or they can go blind, suffer from seizures, and even die. If you get a fox, you need to find a vet willing to treat one. Most vets will not treat foxes. Foxes are Illegal in many areas. Just because they are legal in your state, does not mean the same is true for your city
-There is no recognized rabies vaccine for foxes.Foxes cannot be boarded or sent to “doggy daycare”. Kiss your vacations goodbye.
-Foxes do not always “potty train”. Some have success with a litter box, but others find that it is impossible. Even if you do train them, they will likely still mark or happy pee, which results in a skunky, musty odor.
-Foxes are easily stressed by new situations and people. They usually bond to one person and find exposure to new people and loud noises to be frightening. Resulting in them biting/peeing/fleeing
-Foxes do not always get along with dogs, and in fact, dogs are pretty likely to hate them. They have very different body language and this can easily stress a dog.
-Some foxes get aggressive despite the best efforts of their owners. Food aggression is a huge issue. I’ve seen excellent owners struggle and struggle with aggression that can lead to bites.
-Foxes bite. Especially as babies.
Foxes can make excellent companions and it is nice to serve as an ambassador for such a misunderstood and beautiful creature. But they are not for everyone.