• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Silly paranoias

Schwimmwagen

We all have our own personal fears. For example, I'm scared of sharks, some are scared of spiders, stuff like that. Some of us believe in ghosts, or bigfoot an' shit.

But there are quite a few people who at least on some days, depending on their mood, are feeling a little paranoid. Like, they walk out of their house one day, and think to themselves "that one thing I dread will probably happen to me today, so I'd best be careful". Like there's no chance of it happening so long as they keep a little bit of common sense, but they are anticipating it anyway.

For example, some people have this feeling that someone is watching them, talking about them somewhere, or they feel that they'd rather not go to the local cornershop because for some reason they feel like there's going to be an armed robbery that day.

Yet none of that happens.

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes? Personally, I always have this feeling that somehow I am going to lose a finger or an eye sometime in my life, and I get extremely awkward around machinery or sharp objects.

It's a silly question that popped into my mind just now, but does anyone else ever dread something that never ever seems to happen, ever?

Percy

o-o
Sometimes I get a bit paranoid that someone will recognize me for the wrong reasons. Or someone I know in real life discovering my history of posts on here or something.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Every time I go into a public restroom, I check to make sure I'm not walking into the wrong one, sometimes even more than once.

I... can't honestly remember a time when I've actually wandered into a women's room, but for some reason I'm always sure that it's about to happen.

Echo Wolf

I can sometimes worry to much about if I said the wrong thing while talking to someone or if I phrased something wrong. It can sometimes be about the most trivial things but for some reason I still worry about it.

S

Saylor

I HATE getting into a sticky, stinky, juicy feeling car.

The main reason is right after Hurricane Floyd hit, my Dad was forced to inspect homes for his insurance company. The streets these people lived on were really nasty because their refrigerators had died and they threw all of their spoiled food out on the street for the garbage collectors to come pick up. The garbage collectors didn't come for weeks allowing the spoiled an rotten food to melt and make puddles in the street. My Dad had parked beside one of those puddles and was filing paperwork when all of the sudden, a huge dump truck comes flying down the road at 40 mph forming a huge tidal wave (of only God knows what) that floods the back row of his car. My Mom calls him to come pick me up and take me to my first dentist appointment. My Dad hardly had any time to clean up and he just picked me up and drove me to the dentist's office. I can remember how bad it smelled, how sticky it was, how long it stayed like that (that lasted for months) and even to this day, whenever I think about it, shivers run up and down my spine.

Traven V

Luna-tic.
Pretty much all humanity, I've been hurt a lot in life. Left me with a lot of emotional/mental scars that are difficult to heal. It has left me awkward, weird, horribly shy, and anti-social. I know a lot of people wouldn't understand so I don't mention it. It's a horrible thing to be, because it keeps you in the shadows and isolated, I really don't know how to talk to people online or IRL, sadly.

Magick

Posing school graduate
I'm still somewhat paranoid about just about everybody, similar to what Traven posted has happened to me. I'm still getting over a lot of it, but also trying to make the best of it and using most of the advantages I find. Every person I see, no matter what the appearance, gender, age or whatever, I always try and keep mental tabs on them and keep them in eyesight and always half expect for something to happen but more importantly I try to keep the peace so everyone remains calm and no trouble arises. Luckily nothing has gotten too out of hand, but I'm constantly worrying that it will.

Percy

o-o
Oh, another strange thing I'm paranoid about is looking at anything NSFW while on my dorm's WiFi network.
I mean, I go on FAF, so I shouldn't have to be paranoid about that, but I just am.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I get that paranoia about eyes being lost too. I hate being around scissors because of it and for a very awful time in middle school I suffered from OCD and feltthe world would end if I didn't count to such and such number. It's so nice to have that behind me, that type of anxiety is a wicked master.

badlands

drunken pirate
paranoid about saying or doing something wrong/stupid. not just IRL but online as well

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
I worry that despite my best efforts, I won't succeed in the one thing that matters to me.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Everytime I see a cop on the road I automatically assume he's after me.

Neoi

Lone Wolf
Lets see... Im afraid of spiders, well basically insects in general. I am also afraid of dark deep waters like the middle of lakes where its deeper than 100ft and you cant see anything.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I am always super paranoid. I got that from my mom >__> I double and tripple check EVERYTHING. The day before I went to Japan with my dad I unpacked my luggage TWICE because I was afraid that I forgot something.
This also doesn't help a lot since I have a lot of responsibility at work, I essentially manage my own store. One day I had a massive headache and when I was back home I didn't know whether I primed the alarm or not... I didn't get a call from the security company so I assumed everything was ok but still, sleeping was a little difficult for me that night :p

My mom is even worse though. When my sister was like 8 her dog was sneezing a lot one evening. My mom immediately told her that the dog won't survive the night because he is sick. WTF!
And last year my dad was an hour late from coming home on time and right away she thought he had an accident.
She always pulls stuff like that and it REALLY pisses me off that this sort of insecure behavior rubbed off on me...

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
I have a seriously frightening paranoia of the smallest, tiniest chance that there is a massively-massive black hairy spider on my bed or somewhere in my room. Night after night I will turn on my iPod's flashlight, and scan every corner of my room and every fold on my bed. Then when I've completed my search, I will fall back to sleep in relative safety. Only to have my brain make me think of fucking Tarantulas! Rinse and repeat process until the sun comes up. X___X

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Dreadful of sleepwalking and talking.

I'd prefer to keep my subconscious to myself.

I used to sleepwalk when I was about 15. I once went down to the livingroom at 2am, my mom came down as well and I demanded my dad's gun in a very rude way :p

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I'm not a very paranoid person, and when I am I usually have a good reason. For instance when my dad was really late to pick me up from school/college I turned to my brother and said 'He's probably had an accident,' and I was right, he indeed was slowed down because of having an accident at the dodgey junction we worry about every day.

I probably don't get paranoid about things enough, I just let things drift by mostly.

I have a seriously frightening paranoia of the smallest, tiniest chance that there is a massively-massive black hairy spider on my bed or somewhere in my room. Night after night I will turn on my iPod's flashlight, and scan every corner of my room and every fold on my bed. Then when I've completed my search, I will fall back to sleep in relative safety. Only to have my brain make me think of fucking Tarantulas! Rinse and repeat process until the sun comes up. X___X

The standards of spider are probably different in australia, especially poisonous ones, but when I find a great big spider me and my brother get very excited about it and turn into children again exclaiming 'aww it's so cool! look how big 'e is!'.

Last edited:

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Neoi said:
I am also afraid of dark deep waters like the middle of lakes where its deeper than 100ft and you cant see anything.
Hey, me too.

You know, a few times in my life I've woken up in the morning with this nagging certainty that the world was going to end that day. Obviously it never did, and I didn't do anything special those days to prepare for it (since it was, after all, totally irrational). But I would call that a paranoia.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Got a few things I'm afraid of as well besides my paranoia :p
Deep waters (I don't like to swim AT ALL), heights, large crowds make me uncomfortable, I think I developed a fear of insects over the years and I'm generally afraid of falling down.

burakki

Whenever I seem to be walking alone anywhere, I always assume that somebody i either behind me/watching/stalking me, and or following me, so that I would either be kidnapped or killed.

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
The standards of spider are probably different in australia, especially poisonous ones, but when I find a great big spider me and my brother get very excited about it and turn into children again exclaiming 'aww it's so cool! look how big 'e is!'.

Heh, yeah... Not when there's a 160mm huge brown Huntsman eyeing your flesh like a rabid dog. ;__;