• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sins of a Solar Empire

Kanic

The Dog Faced Soldier
Love it? Hate it? What's your thoughts on it?

Furlop

I'd rate it about 7/10

Cons:
Lack of single player campaign is lame. You can either do a skirmish or multiplayer.
Differences between races aren't that pronounced. Every race has the same unit type, with differences only in special skills.
I had nightmares of trying to chase down the last remnants of the CPU as he ran around colonizing new planets just to delay the inevitable.

With that said, it can be a good strategy game to play co-op with a friend. Jumping between planets with a gigantic fleet of ships to rape and pillage your enemies is always fun.

Holsety

I'd rate it about 7/10

Cons:
Lack of single player campaign is lame. You can either do a skirmish or multiplayer.
Differences between races aren't that pronounced. Every race has the same unit type, with differences only in special skills.
I had nightmares of trying to chase down the last remnants of the CPU as he ran around colonizing new planets just to delay the inevitable.

With that said, it can be a good strategy game to play co-op with a friend. Jumping between planets with a gigantic fleet of ships to rape and pillage your enemies is always fun.

Pretty much this, but there are a nice amount of mods out for the game that increase its replayability by quite a bit (<3 Distant Stars)

CrispSkittlez

Unprincipaly principled.
I fail at RTS, but I got it for Christmas and was able to win a match on easy in the smallest map.
It was great fun at the time, I liked watching my opponents explode. :p

Sparticle

......................... .....
In my opinion they under achieved with this game.
Its still fantastic but the ship models could be done better and projectiles should be a bit prettier.
If they put in a ship builder like in Galciv2 this game would be the greatest space rts ever made.

if it isn't already :)

RTS? How come we're even speaking of a RTS here?

Sins is so unique that if it got a little more attention, it would create an entire new gaming genre on its own.
Sadly, the lack of a single player campaign, or any mediatic or iconic image, pretty much burst the bubble before it had the time to grow, and the long delay before expansions are released certainly do not help bringing this game back on its feet.

Kanic

The Dog Faced Soldier
RTS? How come we're even speaking of a RTS here?

Sins is so unique that if it got a little more attention, it would create an entire new gaming genre on its own.
Sadly, the lack of a single player campaign, or any mediatic or iconic image, pretty much burst the bubble before it had the time to grow, and the long delay before expansions are released certainly do not help bringing this game back on its feet.

Yes I agree. I really saw a lot of potential for it, and thought it looked awesome when I picked up the box. It was fun for many weeks, but it just got too routine.