• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Connection Issues: Site is down for me.

NiChan

NiKame
I'm having this issue as well. It's odd because I tried a website to detect if the site is down, but it said it wasn't.

...but clearly the site is proving otherwise. Hopefully it's an easy fix. ^_^

Busterdrag

Your standard Nerd
Same thing over here, and since yesterday I might add.

Cloudchaser

That figures, now it's working just fine. Why does things that won't work for me magically start working only after I complain about it?

Fluffball

Not quite.

Site worked briefly for me (and was incredibly sluggish), but ui's down again (getting a 502 bad gateway message).

And I have to wonder if this may be some kind of attack (Weasyl, though it's working, has been getting some connection timeouts, as well).

PheagleAdler

Site is most definitely NOT back.

Fluffball

From Furaffinity's Twitter - We recorded 56,000+ connections trying to hit FA to take us down. We went down briefly but we were able to make it though.

So, definitely an attack.

I wonder if we would be having this issue if FA opted to go for the protection Cloudfare recommended for a site this large instead of going with the cheap route that offered limited protection against attacks.

Last edited:

PheagleAdler

From Furaffinity's Twitter - We recorded 56,000+ connections trying to hit FA to take us down. We went down briefly but we were able to make it though.

Who the f*ck are these assholes, I mean seriously? There's a special place in hell reserved for them.

Fluffball

Who the f*ck are these assholes, I mean seriously? There's a special place in hell reserved for them.

Doesn't matter.

My question is why did FA choose to go for the cheaper protection when they knew it wasn't going to be enough (becasue of the sheer size of the site,Cloudfare suggested a better package; but FA turned it down because of the price).

PheagleAdler

Doesn't matter.

My question is why did FA choose to go for the cheaper protection when they knew it wasn't going to be enough (becasue of the sheer size of the site,Cloudfare suggested a better package; but FA turned it down because of the price).

Hell if I know, to be quite honest I'd recommend a lot of the donations go towards that, but surely FA can raise $200/month easy, I mean, it's $200, a few dedicated users could easily cover that.

Indagare

The site is winking in and out. Moderators are standing by. Call in the next three minutes and you can get a vanishing kit for free with an order of $19.99. Subject to exclusions. Not valid in all states. You must be 18 or older to call.

Fluffball

Hell if I know, to be quite honest I'd recommend a lot of the donations go towards that, but surely FA can raise $200/month easy, I mean, it's $200, a few dedicated users could easily cover that.

They've already received countless donations over the years (the most decent one got them over 10k), and they receive money from the banner ads on the site (the artists pay for those). The admins also have obs that they could pitch some money in to pay for the fees, as well.

There's no excuse why they rejected the more suitable package/