• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Site status closed?

BlitheDragon

If it makes you guys feel better I haven't heard a single thing about that.

He's probably trolling.

Yes, that makes me feel a whole lot better. = u =

Duraji

"That Android Guy"
If it makes you guys feel better I haven't heard a single thing about that.

He's probably trolling.

Hey guys, how about we make this the "Let's Appreciate Mentova" thread? I think he kicks ass, personally, definitely my favorite FAF mod right now. Very friendly, informative, and has done everything he can to keep things running smoothly during our fragile moments. :3

(unless you're a girl, then just change my pronouns!)

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
Hey guys, how about we make this the "Let's Appreciate Mentova" thread? I think he kicks ass, personally, definitely my favorite FAF mod right now. Very friendly, informative, and has done everything he can to keep things running smoothly during our fragile moments. :3

(unless you're a girl, then just change my pronouns!)
I'm not that special, lol.

Just trying to keep the angry mobs from murdering us all!

C

Chazykins

Holy shit its back up :p for how long nooooww. lol jk.Great job admins/owners. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

BlitheDragon

Ha ha, that was short lived! Was it flooded? It seemed that there was only 8k or so online. Maybe they're still working...

Mentova

Bah, pretty sure it got flooded.

Should only be for a bit, but I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

EDIT: Quick reset to help with the speed. Shouldn't be long.

BlitheDragon

Thank you so much! I had noticed the speed but I sure wasn't going to complain. I'm happy to have the site back up.. well, in theory! ^-^

Duraji

"That Android Guy"

At least the site legitimately came back, even if for only 20 minutes. I'd totally expect the flooding of users suddenly coming in to be part of the problem. Plus they said that the site would go back and forth a couple times, so maybe it's not completely fully ready yet, but it's still the end of the extended downtime.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
FA was killed from so many people trying to upload at once.

Cocobanana

Let's have a raffle to see who gets to use FA first and then everyone will get their chance, one at a time. It is the only way to ensure we don't crash the site anymore!

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
I can see it now, FA gets fixed then furries rush all at same time, and DDoS by its own users.
Wow! furries really do ruin everything. :3

DracoPotens

I was thinking about something like that. Like if they could somehow stagger the entrance time for a select group of people in. Like let's say start by who's been on the site the longest, the most devoted get the top of the heirarchy. They could insert new people into FA like a month/minute. By the end of an hour, you'd have a full 5 years in already, partly staggered, and maybe the site would work better than that. It would only take about two hours to get everyone filtered in like that. It may not be fair to those who are newer to the site, but it's a thought that just might work.

C

Chazykins

Question since FA is off again for the lag because a lot of people were on it at once, I think who ever is fixing it, walked right into that. Shouldn't they have known from the beginning to reset the MySQL before letting 8k+ on?

Mentova

Question since FA is off again for the lag because a lot of people were on it at once, I think who ever is fixing it, walked right into that. Shouldn't they have known from the beginning to reset the MySQL before letting 8k+ on?

They're resetting the site currently. It should be back soon.