• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Site status closed?

Mazz

THE BLEACH, IT DOES NOTHING!!!
They're resetting the site currently. It should be back soon.

Twitter says they pulled it down to tweak the database to speed it up.

I don't plan to upload until after the flood of art that will end up being overlooked because of quantity ends when it is up.

Mungkorn

So, the reset will be done soon, got that. But anyone got any advice on how long I should wait before posting my own submissions? I don't want to be part of the flood-swamp of submissions assaulting the servers. :confused:

Mazz

So, the reset will be done soon, got that. But anyone got any advice on how long I should wait before posting my own submissions? I don't want to be part of the flood-swamp of submissions assaulting the servers. :confused:

A day or 2... once the uploads slow down rolling across front page.

seaweed

... is not a piece of flotsam

Honestly, I would give it a couple of days, if you can wait that long.. or at least 24 hours if you can't wait more than that.

Twitter says they pulled it down to tweak the database to speed it up.

I don't plan to upload until after the flood of art that will end up being overlooked because of quantity ends when it is up.
that is exactly why I won't be uploading anything for a couple of days. With the amount of art being posted tons of submissions are going to be overlooked. Think I will wait till the chaos subsides a bit lol.

Delta

Fun times in FAFylon
You dont have to wait for a couple of days if you really want to get something up. My suggestion would be either early morning tomorrow (4,5,6 AM) before most of the US userbase is up or mid-day tomorrow while most of the US userbase is at work.

seaweed

You dont have to wait for a couple of days if you really want to get something up. My suggestion would be either early morning tomorrow (4,5,6 AM) before most of the US userbase is up or mid-day tomorrow while most of the US userbase is at work.

Assuming it goes back out of read only mode by tomorrow morning..

Pogonip

LeMoN sCeNtEd DeAtH
We select 2 users from each district species and put them in an arena and fight to the death against teams from the other species of FA. Who ever wins gets to check their inbox messages. Rinse and repeat.

BlitheDragon

We select 2 users from each district species and put them in an arena and fight to the death against teams from the other species of FA. Who ever wins gets to check their inbox messages.

May the submissions be ever in your favor!

Delta

Fun times in FAFylon
We select 2 users from each district species and put them in an arena and fight to the death against teams from the other species of FA. Who ever wins gets to check their inbox messages.
For what? PMs haven't been able to be sent for the last week.

Infact, for users that have nothing to post -- FA coming back wont be that big of a thing until people get the chance to post up all of their artwork.

Mazz

We select 2 users from each district species and put them in an arena and fight to the death against teams from the other species of FA. Who ever wins gets to check their inbox messages. Rinse and repeat.

THE FURRY GAMES!

BlitheDragon

"Two of the hard drives that failed earlier have been replaced and the RAID arrays are being rebuilt.
Because of that FA can not yet handle the full load and has to remain in readonly mode for a while longer." -Yak

I wonder how long 'a while' is? :T

Fawna

Cervid with a Smile
I think I joined FA at a really bad time, haha. I haven't been able to access the site the entire time I've been a member!

seaweed

I think I joined FA at a really bad time, haha. I haven't been able to access the site the entire time I've been a member!

Unfortunately, I would say yes. I am really sorry that you are privy to all the problems we are having. As much as we are bitching on the forums, FA really *IS* a very good site and the VAST MAJORITY of the time it runs fine (though sometimes a bit slow).

I hope that this doesn't turn you off from the website.

Fawna

Cervid with a Smile
Unfortunately, I would say yes. I am really sorry that you are privy to all the problems we are having. As much as we are bitching on the forums, FA really *IS* a very good site and the VAST MAJORITY of the time it runs fine (though sometimes a bit slow).

I hope that this doesn't turn you off from the website.

I'm curious to know how long the site has actually been down for? I'm still going to stick around, I'm eager to get onto the main site and check it out. It is a little disappointing, though!

AmaruKaze

So, may I collect the bets now? I told you the flood of submissions would kill it. A problem one could easily foresee and test for but no one refrained from doing so. Stress Testing is really overrated anyhow :D

AmaruKaze

Depends on the point of view. One say it is best to get to know the worst qualities of someone first since then from that point it can go only upwards. Be told random outages for random durations are not really a thing anyone here is surprised by. Grab some popcorn and watch the people throwing mud at eachother :3