• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Site's lagging horribly

lafeel

the other Icelandic furry
Self explanatory really. And no it's not my bloody internet connection, this is the only site I have this issue with.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
Same here

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
That's strange, the site is loading normally for me here in Australia.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I'm in Australia too but the main site is also laggy for me xP

I'm not logged in on my work computer, not sure if that had anything to do with it. It does seem to be loading a little slower now.

elcoyote

Yep, been loading slowly throughout the day though right now it is really bad. Also been having an issue with my friend and I changing our avatars and the avatar not changing through the :iconuser: commands. Not sure if they're related but I wouldn't be surprised.

quoting_mungo

Also been having an issue with my friend and I changing our avatars and the avatar not changing through the :iconuser: commands. Not sure if they're related but I wouldn't be surprised.
Avatars shown through :iconusername: will recache about once a day. It should resolve itself within a day.

Yep, every page load is taking 5-10 seconds each.

Someone trying to cram-a-lam swiss cake rolls into the disk drive?

PheagleAdler

Yep, every page load is taking 5-10 seconds each.

Someone trying to cram-a-lam swiss cake rolls into the disk drive?

Sorry, I thought it was hungry!

Now the site is doing some weird thing where, on any given page that has thumbnails, the first six thumbnails will load immediately, but everything after that will be stuck for ~5 seconds before they all load at the same time.

What's going on with the site/servers, staff?

Aaaand even more slow loading.

And by "slow loading" I mean, I'll click on something and it will just sit there and do nothing for 10 seconds, then load the page immediately.

And now it's doing the "first 2 to 6 thumbnails load immediately, then the rest take an additional 6-10 seconds to load" thing again.

Admins, WTF is going on with the servers?