• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Skinnies, Slimies, Nakies?

There are Furries. People that like anthropomorphic Animals that have a fur.
There are Scalies. People that like anthropomorphic Animals that have scales.
But how do you call people that like characters with feathers or slime or neither of these? Nakies? Skinnies? Slimies and Featheries? Who can tell me the official terms?

Possibly... names are always in the eye of the beholder. :D
Yah, but they are called Furry for a reason. Because they have fur. That's why there is the term Scaly. SO I was thinking what people call those who have neither. So you mean that everyone defines the names for themselves? So there is no overall accepted term only furry?

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
There are Furries. People that like anthropomorphic Animals that have a fur.
There are Scalies. People that like anthropomorphic Animals that have scales.
But how do you call people that like characters with feathers or slime or neither of these? Nakies? Skinnies? Slimies and Featheries? Who can tell me the official terms?
The "furry/scalie/avian" separation is kinda arbitrary and is barely even used anymore, to be fair. It's just something that was invented out of need for categorization by older generation of furries, but then fell by the wayside due to fandom expanding more and more into stuff like monster girls, unorthodox species, kemonos, etc.

Mewmento

[Yₒᵤ ₐᵣₑ ₜₕₑ ₒcₑₐₙ'ₛ gᵣₐy wₐᵥₑₛ.]
The common distinct term utilized for feathered creatures would be Avian.
I firmly believe that the term "furry" has been changing -- as all manners of anthropomorphism in animals would be considered "furry".
Including ones such as Sphynx Cats which are hairless by nature.

The "furry/scalie/avian" separation is kinda arbitrary and is barely even used anymore, to be fair. It's just something that was invented out of need for categorization by older generation of furries, but then fell by the wayside due to fandom expanding more and more into stuff like monster girls, unorthodox species, kemonos, etc.
For me categorizing is easier for me and others to understand. Besides it gives a bad taste when I talk about an Avian and referring to it as furry.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
For me categorizing is easier for me and others to understand. Besides it gives a bad taste when I talk about an Avian and referring to it as furry.
Furry fandom at this point is just a gathering of people who like anything anthro, so you shouldn't take it too seriously. Knowing your species for categorization is fine enough as it is .w.

Mewmento

[Yₒᵤ ₐᵣₑ ₜₕₑ ₒcₑₐₙ'ₛ gᵣₐy wₐᵥₑₛ.]
Furry fandom at this point is just a gathering of people who like anything anthro, so you shouldn't take it too seriously. Knowing your species for categorization is fine enough as it is .w.

Much agreed!

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
With my species do you mean what I gave it myself?
yap - if that's something you invented, why not come up with fun name? Or if that's a mix-and-match critter, you can just make up a puny hybrid name - something like "Liger" (bred for skills in magic :v)

yap - if that's something you invented, why not come up with fun name? Or if that's a mix-and-match critter, you can just make up a puny hybrid name - something like "Liger" (bred for skills in magic :v)
Liger do exist. I have invented 18 different species: Dragoon(that's me), Saur(my 10 Million views YT Video), Drakee(Dragoon after death of his human), Stegosaur(Intelligent 67%Stegosaurus), Brachiosaur(67% Brachiosaurus), Tricerasaur(humanoid Triceratops), Orjensaur(Human-Saur-hybrid), Gryph(Birdman), Gator(humanoid Alligators), Serp (Snakes with tiny arms), Merardar (Weaselman), Otter (humanoid Otter), Laquiva (A mix between Quilava and human), Ursa (Bearman), Orca (Dolphinman), Mel (Centaur-like), Kalydra (humanoid dragon), Drake (the red-white dragon like thing I used in my last comic). And all of them are combined under one term: TIMES(timmes: short for Tiermenschen: german for animal humans)

Faexie

Rara for short :)
Those with feathers are avians. I like slimies for slimy creatures and nakies for those with bare skin

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
I'm pretty sure furries are fans of anthropomorphic animals in general. It can also refer to a style of anthropomorphic creature itself. Someone being a furry doesn't mean they don't love dragons or other anthropomorphic animals. Normally if something is called a sub-name like scaley or such it's just talking about their sona's species. : )

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
I've heard featheries said I think.