• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

SL custom avatar

Zasha

Evil Incorporated
Basically yes, interested in a commission of such sort. Be it a completely custom or a modified one. Seeing as my own brain does not want to wrap around these matters I am looking for anyone willing to take on such a commission or point me in the direction of someone that might be accepting such. Whilst about the price, I am aware they can drastically differ so of course all options are considered depended upon the quality of previously made ones.

Valery91Thunder

Slasher Movies & Devil's Music
Johed, I do believe that the OP is looking for a 3D modelled character suitable for the Second Life game, and not an illustration.

@OP: I know that a friend of mine used to make SL avatars and skins for fun, if he's still into modeling, I'll tell him to contact you. ^^

Last edited:

serbus

Tasty!
Can Second Life import and export from Maya or Zbrush? I heard you can use Poser for rigging, but I was curious about sculpting options. I guess my question is, would I have to learn SL's built in program before making an avatar?

Zasha

Evil Incorporated
Hmm, as much as I know you should be able to get textures from Zbrush though sadly I am not all that aware of these things, hence why I am seeking for a commission. xD

serbus

Tasty!
^^ No worries. I was trying to research it the other day, but couldn't find much info on it. Guess I'll just have to jump in blind. Sorry that I can't help you right now though.

Faustus

Hmm, as much as I know you should be able to get textures from Zbrush though sadly I am not all that aware of these things, hence why I am seeking for a commission. xD
My Google-Fu is strong. Behold! Lots of information about making custom SL stuff!
http://avatartoolbox.info

And from the same site, a specific tutorial on how to make a Furry avatar:
http://avatartoolbox.info/Catyr.html

Might be of use to people wanting to help Zasha out here. For those without the patience, I believe the basic techniques involve not so much 'making' an avatar, as making a series of attachments to stick onto a regular human avatar. More like a digital fur suit. I've seen this technique bandied about a few times, never seen anything that approaches actually making a model from scratch.

-F

dopy