• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Snuggle / Cuddle Rooms at Cons?!

Trevorbluesquirrel

What an old thread.

It sounds like a recipe for problems, to be honest;
You're basically describing a disorganised orgy. If a single person has a transmissible infection like scabies or herpes...
Condoms were available, and it seems most stuck with those they already knew!
Oh yes!!!
Seems kinda sus.
Just what the animals on those Nature shows do!
I'm glad they only allowed the slippers/socks. I can only imagine how many people would have died of heat stroke snuggling in a pile of fursuits.
Socks or footpaws! And you really only get hot in fursuits during hot weather or physical exertion once you get used to them!
A grand way to go out.
This girl gets it!

just.chillin

Oh this is something I'd sign up for in a heartbeat. Too bad we can't introduce shroom tea or mollys *hint hint nudge nudge somebody* but I'm totally down sober too. Matter of fact I badly want this for the next con, what with all this social distancing you just know that people are touch starved.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
As a kiddult kitty who knows how to get hugz when I want em and make it safe and good, I personally won't mind whether there happens to be anything that induces/justifies hugging being safe and good or not. But the idea sounds intriguing still UwU

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
The idea of a cuddle space with strangers is so weird to me, like??? Are y'all really that deprived of physical contact? I worry for y'all... it makes me sad that this sort of thing is an Event

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I feel a cuddle room is a definite step up from a hook-up app.

Edit: I mean that I feel it would be more relaxing with the ability to get up and leave if things get uncomfortable. I have not partook in either but the cuddle room sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Chomby

Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichanga
There should be con security to check in and make sure no one is getting yiffy. It could go down hill pretty fast if no one is monitoring the physical contact going on.

Too bad we can't introduce shroom tea or mollys *hint hint nudge nudge somebody*

If I ever room with people at a con hotel, I guess I gotta be clear I don't do drugs, don't want to be around drugs, and don't want to associate with people on drugs. This didn't come to mind as something I'd have to do, but unfortunately drugs are popular among people who attend furry conventions from what I've heard . It's kind of depressing for me.

Last edited:

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
There should be con security to check in and make sure no one is getting yiffy. It could go down hill pretty fast if no one is monitoring the physical contact going on. I do think it should be adults only because I don't want any random adults cuddling kids like that. Yeah hugs are fine, but full-on extended cuddling... No.

If I ever room with people at a con hotel, I guess I gotta be clear I don't do drugs, don't want to be around drugs, and don't want to associate with people on drugs. This didn't come to mind as something I'd have to do, but unfortunately drugs are popular among people who attend furry conventions from what I've heard . It's kind of depressing for me.

I, too, am depressed that drugs are so popular.
And that people need a web diagram to find out who got an STI from who. BIG YIKES.
Do I need to have The Drug Talk with the furry fandom? Because Fruit Bat Dad will do it!

Chomby

I, too, am depressed that drugs are so popular.
And that people need a web diagram to find out who got an STI from who. BIG YIKES.
Do I need to have The Drug Talk with the furry fandom? Because Fruit Bat Dad will do it!

Yeah drugs and unprotected sex shouldn't be normalized. People need to be more responsible. Yeah I get people wanna live life to the fullest, but there are other more healthy ways. I don't care if I come off as a square. '_'

Trevorbluesquirrel

Oh this is something I'd sign up for in a heartbeat. Too bad we can't introduce shroom tea or mollys *hint hint nudge nudge somebody* but I'm totally down sober too. Matter of fact I badly want this for the next con, what with all this social distancing you just know that people are touch starved.
Yep, get set for ''HORNY SUMMER'', as its being called!
This why certain furries book hotel rooms for cuddling and NSFW stuff. I.D. is always checked at the door for those kinds of parties.
I was invited to one at Furnal Equinox 2019, but I was too busy helping host a panel with a other fursuiters.
A public space is easier 4 some!
This sounds so amazing!! (Also an adults only furcon sounds really nice!)
Not a full con, more of a weekend hangout with friends! And check out Sin City Murr Con!
As a kiddult kitty who knows how to get hugz when I want em and make it safe and good, I personally won't mind whether there happens to be anything that induces/justifies hugging being safe and good or not. But the idea sounds intriguing still UwU
Lucky you!
The idea of a cuddle space with strangers is so weird to me, like??? Are y'all really that deprived of physical contact? I worry for y'all... it makes me sad that this sort of thing is an Event
Yes actually, a lot of furries are nerdy geeks, are disabled, and have other challenges that make it difficult to socialize! And many of us really only get to see friends at cons, so we take advantage of what opportunities are afforded!
I feel a cuddle room is a definite step up from a hook-up app.

Edit: I mean that I feel it would be more relaxing with the ability to get up and leave if things get uncomfortable. I have not partook in either but the cuddle room sounds interesting.
Exactly, a private meeting with a stranger has a level of risk, but a public space with other furs around is a safer option!
There should be con security to check in and make sure no one is getting yiffy. It could go down hill pretty fast if no one is monitoring the physical contact going on.

Never said it didn't get yiffy! ; ) Condoms were provided! And was a drug free space, for obvious reasons!
And yes, its important to establish boundaries and have an agreement in place, whether you're sharing a room 4 a weekend, or agreeing how to live together with roommates!

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
:::sigh:::: Cuddling sounds nice, buuuuuuuut it'll take a while for me to feel safe and comfortable with physical contact again, with coronavirus not being totally under control quite yet. It'll probably be a bit. :(

Chomby

Sounds like you need drugs to take care of that depression!
I already take them, but legal ones prescribed by my doctor. You're not funny.