• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site So, about FurAffinity...

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Lots of folks have made me aware of that and I've neglected to edit my original post to change that. (EDIT: just fixed that) But yeah, no point in interacting or conducting activities on a site you don't align with, that's just counter-intuitive.
Yap yap! That's a good way to put it. Made an edit on my own, to clarify things and avoid potential arguments .u.

niceu!

One Big Weenie
Yap yap! That's a good way to put it. Made an edit on my own, to clarify things and avoid potential arguments .u.
Thanks! I completely understand where you're coming from, and agree with the iffy-ness of InkBunny and not-entirely-SFW child-related art. I probably should have listed more than IB initially, but that was just me being absent-minded. Thanks for being respectful and getting me to update that post, lol! :)

Black Aures

There is nothing better furaffinity for me. So I'm just waiting for him to recover.
*applies a healing herb*

Attachments

• НовыйХолст2231.png
    НовыйХолст2231.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 143

the_ghostpony

The main source of frustration is that we can see what's causing the issue, but we can't see why the issue is being caused. It's not a problem with FA's code, but something with the database software side of things. The configuration hasn't changed recently, and it only sprung up over the course of yesterday.

I test software for a living. Been there. Done that. FA will survive. :cool:

pizzapie2122

I would recommend expanding to sites like Inkbunny, Sofurry, Furrylife.online, or Furry Amino for just art, or perhaps an established social media site like Twitter or Tumblr? Of course, Weasyl works as well.

You missed the chance to tell others to go FurAffinity.. AND BEYOND! (Sorry, not sorry)

Danny Pandawolf

The Pandawuffie FluffButt
So according to the timestamps, the import of data started at 3:48am (I'm guessing my time (Sydney Standard)), and was at 50% at 9:47am (my time). Following that, would the importation be complete around 3:48pm (my time)?

Luckyfeather

I have something to ask but has nothing to do with the website crash. I guess it was already asked a lot but do you think FA will have a major update for his UI like DA one day?

Black Aures

I have something to ask but has nothing to do with the website crash. I guess it was already asked a lot but do you think FA will have a major update for his UI like DA one day?
FA already has a test version of the new design. It can be enabled in the settings.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Yep, it's pretty slick, too. I switch back and forth sometimes, just like with DA, because sometimes I want to go through a process the old way.
It's vastly better on my development box, too. I'm almost done the next major pass to the UI. It's a huge improvement.

JavaMR

Just some doofus on the interwebz
Talking as a user, I understand the frustration, but talking as a programmer... I'm very sure they must be even more frustrated than any of us.

So instead of complaining I'd rather thank them for the hard work and send cheers... :(
It's time for...

Fun Facts Nobody Asked For

*insert applause here*

"During a demo in a beta version of "Sonic CD" a message can be seen flashing. It reads: "The programmer has a nap. Hold out programmer!" This is a nod to how the programmers were taking a while to develop the game."

I think that quote fits in for our current situation, but that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Slayde

Hey, as someone who works in the IT business and trend of site security being a thing and all.
Wouldn't this be a good time to also make the site HTTPSecure? Or would that be a big issue to implement?

Its not a big issue to implement. Making it secure requires an SSL certificate. SSL certificates are about 80-100$ a year depending on where you get it from.
Not wanting to sound like the bad guy here, but, it costs money. FA hasn't seen any serious overhauls in a long time, the staff is basically volunteer at this point, and IMVU kinda supports it but not really.

SHOULD they spend the money on an SSL, yes? DO I see it happening? Not really.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Its not a big issue to implement. Making it secure requires an SSL certificate. SSL certificates are about 80-100$ a year depending on where you get it from.
Not wanting to sound like the bad guy here, but, it costs money. FA hasn't seen any serious overhauls in a long time, the staff is basically volunteer at this point, and IMVU kinda supports it but not really.

SHOULD they spend the money on an SSL, yes? DO I see it happening? Not really.
It's not quite as simple as just getting a cert. We already have the cert, and you can manually enable HTTPS mode on FA, but we need to replace some hardware before we can do it universally.