• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So, does this fandom have a name?

Raspberry

Potatoes.
I can name dozens of series with in-animate characters - anywhere from Toy Story to Thomas and Friends, Frosty the Snowman to Veggie Tales - and I'm assuming this has a name.. Right? There has to be a fandom for fans of in-animate objects.

Mullerornis

Satanism.

On a more serious note, I don't think any of those are even remotely consistent in tone to be a cohesive fandom. The furry fandom at least is based off an omnipresent archetype that ressonates widely.

Kagisnad

That's a good question..! Although I don't think there's a widely coined term because most people are just in one in-animate object fandom.

Schwimmwagen

Being a FAN of inanimate objects in general sounds retarded.

Is there an oxygen fandom? What about a having legs fandom?

Unless you mean like just one object. Can fandom. iPaddies. Hatties. Gee I dunno.

Edit: Maximum lel, I misinterpreted what you meant completely. Shouldn't FAF whilst playing Red Orchestra.

I think calling people who like anthro objects Thingies would be hilarious.

Last edited:

chocomage

I would just say you are a fan of anthropomorphic objects in general as it by definition is giving something human characteristics.

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
"Stuffs"

No one will suspect a thing when you tell them what your fetish is.

"So what do you like?"
"Stuffs"
"Ok"

Gumshoe

Hmm, not sure actually. The closest thing I have ever seen that could represent personified inanimate objects is the audience from Let's Make a Deal.

If the sexualized word for furry is yiff, I could only imagine the sexualized term for thingies would be... Um... Dead silence perhaps?

Last edited:

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Inani-mates.

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
Being a FAN of inanimate objects in general sounds retarded.

Is there an oxygen fandom? What about a having legs fandom?

Unless you mean like just one object. Can fandom. iPaddies. Hatties. Gee I dunno.

Edit: Maximum lel, I misinterpreted what you meant completely. Shouldn't FAF whilst playing Red Orchestra.

I think calling people who like anthro objects Thingies would be hilarious.

Enthusiasts... I'm a Roller coaster enthusiast, Motorcycle enthusiast, gun enthusiast, car enthusiast etc...

Anywho for personified inanimate objects I really don't know but I guess it falls under the same category of people that collects dolls/action figures.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
All of a sudden, the Sonic fanbase seems prodigiously neurotypical.

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
The early work was Claymation when they used clay figures and moved them and took
shots it was a slow and arduous process.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Wait- there's a fandom for that?