• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So... furries w. music. What is your studio setup?

JMAA

Banned
Banned
Sadly I don't have any studio, but I still got a computer with Fruity Loops.

Trance

Likes blueberries?
Ha, studio... I've got Garageband on an iMac, and Sony MDR v6 headphones.

Garageband annoys the shit out of me, but I don't exactly have enough money to throw at an $800 program right now. Maybe I'll get Ableton Live soon. Garageband is next to useless with effects. I manage though.

Lyxen

Revivalst
164769_136073406456603_100001618324831_235667_2943709_n.jpg

im not really that pale its just the flash

bozzles

Kurt Vonnegut.
I have a(n)

electric guitar
digital delay preamp
MIDI keyboard
children's tambourine
microcassette recorder
computer

Lyxen

Revivalst
"Oh hey I have a backpacker too. Best £50 I ever spent." -secret

fook yea, i travel to different venues, have no car so it's perfect. I installed an undersaddle so it hooks up to that line 6 there.
not only that it sounds great by itself if you know how to play it

the album i posted was recorded using the backpacker, the other guitar in the background is not mine

Last edited:

Citrakayah

Rude Camera
IMG_6284.jpg

Not pictured are my two basses as well as my acoustic guitar.

As far as headphones go, I have a pair of Bose (mediocre for the money, to say the least) and AKG K240's that I absolutely love.

(This reminds me, I still need to get some fret wire so I can finish my cigar box ukulele)

Last edited:

Pine

smell-good badger
just got an update with my new setup:
DSCN0030.JPG

my guitars:
DSCN0032.JPG

and a little personalization with a decal on the acoustic and a homemade removable kill switch:
DSCN0033.JPG

Pine

smell-good badger
Nice Rhoads V....it's got that old-school vibe w/ the pin-striping, and block inlays....not sure I ever seen block inlays on one of those before, but it totally works.

Question....whats the box with the red button on it for? Some kinda odd MIDI controller...........or self destruct?

its a "removable" killswitch

if you don't know what a killswitch is, it "kills" the sound. When it's held down, it cuts off the sound, enabling stutter effects or some other cool stuff. Instead of installing one into the body, I just installed it into a box so it is removable.

It's pretty easy to make, and altogether costs around 7 bucks :p

Sedit

Fat-Roll Spelunker
its a "removable" killswitch

if you don't know what a killswitch is, it "kills" the sound. When it's held down, it cuts off the sound, enabling stutter effects or some other cool stuff. Instead of installing one into the body, I just installed it into a box so it is removable.

It's pretty easy to make, and altogether costs around 7 bucks :p

Nice...cool idea!

I know Scott Ian of Anthrax has one of those in his guitar, in place of a volume knob. It's a mod I've considered myself, since I only use my guitars volume knobs as on/off switches anyway. Wonder if having the switch there, as opposed to a potentiometer would bog down the signal less, and let me hit my amp with a touch more output from the pick-ups.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Bir

Dream a little dream of me..
Um.

Piano.

In living room.

And guitar.

In bedroom.

MY HOUSE IS MY STUDIO. Yeeaaaahhhh.

00vapour

not a nerf herder
sr300.jpg

Ibanez Soundgear SRX300 (great bass)

Yahama FG720SBL (quality Acoustic Guitar)
104108_f.jpg

130U-9305_front.jpg

Yorkville Bassmaster 200 (freaking loud, great tone. good for gigs)

Fender Frontman 15B (mostly for playing songs over an ipod while practicing)
LG X-230 (computer speakers)
Koss Portapros (portable listening)
Sony Aiwa JAX-N5 (mini hifi speaker system for radio)

Buck7

I know this thread hasn't been replied to in almost two months, but I'm a music lover, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and post my setup.

M-Audio Axiom 61, M-Audio X-Session Pro, Korg padKONTROL, MacBook pro running Ableton Live 8 and Propellerhead Reason 4, my three Ibanez guitars (all RG series, not pictured), my Boss GT-6, PreSonus Firebox, and some shitty Dell speakers. (Birthday is in just over two weeks, and I'm getting some decent monitors then!)

And a picture!:
1299906728.buck7_03112011104.jpg

Tissemand

Random furfag
Ibanez RGA7 (7-string guitar, full price ;_; )
Ibanez GSR200 (4-string bass, $20)
Squire ??? (6-string guitar, free)

Boss GT3 (free :3) direct to computah
Some cheap Marshall 10w amp (free) & 15w bass amp ($20)
Also have a crybaby somewhere and a few pedals.

Tempted to buy one of those miniture Boss effects processor... they're pretty amazing ;3

Last edited:

SquiRoFL

I use a Yamaha PSR-225GM midi keyboard with my custom-built PC. Sennheiser headphones. FL Studio and Vengeance clubsounds vol 1.

Rex Aeterna

really killer set-up man. i don't own any instruments anymore myself but i did keep my m-audio 49 keyboard. plan on buying myself tho a used acoustic guitar. i have some old pics but here's an example of what my set-up is kinda like.

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

nothing too special but i enjoy it. set-up if curious.

Behringer ufo202 audio interface

1972 Sansui 5000x Receiver

1985 Yamaha R-9 Class Receiver

1983 Hitachi HA-2 integrated Amp

3-way Pioneer sp-fs51-lr floor towers

2-way Technics SB-t200 floor towers

1970's AKG 240 sextetts LP

1980's AKG 240DF

1970's Pioneer Monitor 10.

sorry for big photos but i had no idea how to resize or photobucket or add attachments. also if anyone curious carpet is used as acoustic treatment. great for absorbing high and midrange frequencies. even handles some upper mid-bass as well. i just need to make some bass traps still.

Last edited: