• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So... how was work today?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
go-ahead-im-fa471bc5ff.jpg

Good or bad!
Answer as you see fit!​

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
Not great. I had some critical stuff go down and a lot of pressure to get it going, but it all came through in the end. Just how it goes sometimes. So it’s all good… but now I get to go to the store and find food!!! So there is always a plus. :)

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
It's Saturday tho.
Some people work on Saturday, haha. I could have had a normal Monday-Friday schedule but I chose one where I work 12 hours 3 days one week and 4 the next. So I work every other Friday-Sunday and have the opposite weekend off. I actually love having the extra days off even though I work half my weekends. :)

Ennui Elemental

Eat shit and die, tankie assholes
Banned
Some people work on Saturday, haha. I could have had a normal Monday-Friday schedule but I chose one where I work 12 hours 3 days one week and 4 the next. So I work every other Friday-Sunday and have the opposite weekend off. I actually love having the extra days off even though I work half my weekends. :)
I will eventually get assigned weekend shifts tbf

Not really upset about it, there's almost nothing to do in this city most of the time

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
What city might that be? One cool thing about having some weekdays off as you never have to use your vacation days if you need to go to the dentist or a doctor whatever.

Ennui Elemental

Banned
What city might that be? One cool thing about having some weekdays off as you never have to use your vacation days if you need to go to the dentist or a doctor whatever.
Don't want to reveal too much but ~200,000 people and a lot of tourists who aren't usually here for the dining/nightlife

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
Fair enough. I’m from Salt Lake. We are not the hugest city but are growing way fast. I think we have less then 200k in the central downtown area but 1.6m in the valley. Even though the population isn’t huge, I usually don’t have a hard time finding stuff to do. There is a cool arcade/bar. That is open till 2… play some og arcade games. I actually like going there better on weekdays though because they’re packed on weekends.

Ennui Elemental

Banned
There used to be an awesome arcade here years ago replete with some nifty pinball tables, but they shuttered it and turned it into some hoity-toity designer outlet stuff. Bowling alley closest to me has no good cabinets, either. They do have an air hockey table, but it's effectively mothballed because kids kept vandalizing it and stealing the pucks apparently.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
Seems like there’s not many bowling alleys around anymore. Do you guys have a top golf? That place is awesome. iIt’s kind of like a bowling alley except you try to hit golf balls like way out in the target.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Its the weeekend, so no work~.

But I did some stuff for my artist's cooperative today. I'm really behind~.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
I had work AND I'm sick, so it's already automatically bad. XD
But no drama, at least...
Thanks for asking!
Oh no. :( hopefully it’s not covid. They don’t even let us come to work if we have a cold anymore. For a while they were giving us a Covid test at work every week. I hope you don’t stay sick for to long.

TyraWadman

Oh no. :( hopefully it’s not covid. They don’t even let us come to work if we have a cold anymore. For a while they were giving us a Covid test at work every week. I hope you don’t stay sick for to long.
Nah, I'm in a part of canada that is super isolated. 0 Covid cases since the whole pandemic started.
But ever since school tried opening back up with no masks, the whole town got sick. I thought I'd dodged it but I guess my luck ran out XD

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes

Ennui Elemental

Banned
I've been working from home for about 4 years now~. It gets easier. c:
Would honestly drive me utterly mad within a month. I really prefer the compartmentalization a job outside of the household gives. When I'm at work, I don't have home issues staring at me constantly and vice versa... and I don't really like inviting employers into my household.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
So yesterday in fact? cleared out a mystery, a resident of some gated community had returned something that wasn't addressed to them. Upon further inspection, it had the wrong address (but still within the gated community). I'm a bit peeved that they didn't just walk the 50-some meters to give it to their neighbor instead of just sending it back to the PO box, I mean it's X ray results for cancer prevention

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Would honestly drive me utterly mad within a month. I really prefer the compartmentalization a job outside of the household gives. When I'm at work, I don't have home issues staring at me constantly and vice versa... and I don't really like inviting employers into my household.
I work for myself, so I guess its a bit different.

You're right though. It requires discipline and proper boundary setting.

TyraWadman

IM FINALLY DONE!!!
GOODBYE FOREVER YOU PISSY AND PASSIVE AGRESSIVE ASSWIPES
THE OWNER KNOWS YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT
THEY JUST HAVE THE PATIENCE OF A SAINT AND ARE GIVING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES YOU OTHERWISE WOULDN'T HAVE
I HOPE LIFE HUMBLES YOU SOME DAY

TIME TO PARDEE ALL NIGHT BAYBEEEEEEEE

And then in a few weeks I'll be moving/scrambling and grinding for the next 20 years of my life to pay this off...
Assuming I can't get a job with a higher wage.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
IM FINALLY DONE!!!
GOODBYE FOREVER YOU PISSY AND PASSIVE AGRESSIVE ASSWIPES
THE OWNER KNOWS YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT
THEY JUST HAVE THE PATIENCE OF A SAINT AND ARE GIVING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES YOU OTHERWISE WOULDN'T HAVE
I HOPE LIFE HUMBLES YOU SOME DAY

TIME TO PARDEE ALL NIGHT BAYBEEEEEEEE

And then in a few weeks I'll be moving/scrambling and grinding for the next 20 years of my life to pay this off...
Assuming I can't get a job with a higher wage.
Did you quit? sometimes I feel lucky that I actually like my job (for the most part)