• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So I drunk my first beer this week

ShadowCoon

I've only had beer a couple of times.

It's probably just my taste palette, but beer, to me, takes the way urine smells. It's just not pleasant. D:

Wine is even worse, though. My fiance bought incredibly expensive, "delicious" wine (or at least it was what many of the bartenders and "wine expert" friends of his said was delicious) and we popped open the bottle to drink some. The smell of it was putrid enough, but the taste... ugh. Vomit-inducing, to say the absolute least. He and our roommate LOVED it and said it was on par with some of the best wines they'd ever had. If that taste is what people consider to be "good," I don't even want to know what a bad one tastes like.

I don't get along with alcohol in general, honestly. I tend to only like really light stuff, like coffee and cream liquors and those don't exactly make good drinks.

I'm okay with never being a social drinker. Dr. Pepper and water are much cheaper anyway.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
What about it? >_> It's just mouthwash, so it should have the same effect as brushing one's teeth.

Unless you're referring to the fact that it has alcohol in it or something.

Yeah, the alcohol part is what I'm referring to...
Why else would I mention it?
Where do you stand? Yay, nay, depends...? :-/

Hyenaworks

Oh Derpy! That's not a letter
It's only meaningful if you start blaming your problems on it.

First time I got drunk was when I was 12 years old. My big brothers had a party. They had vine. Lot's of it. One of my big brothers challenged me on a drinking fight or whatever. Who drinks the most. I beat him. Big time.

Nevermind

Last edited:

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Like strangling people.

And having surprise buttsex with stupid furries.

Yeah, the alcohol part is what I'm referring to...
Why else would I mention it?
Where do you stand? Yay, nay, depends...? :-/

Perhaps I should've been a little more explicit.

Lips that touch prepared alcoholic beverages meant for consumption and made for the purpose of inebriation will never touch mine.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Beer tastes bad compared to other drinks, this doesn't mean it tastes bad in general; beer goes good with very little foods and is a cheap way of getting drunk compared to other drinks so a lot of people prefer it.

Liquors always taste better than beers, but some beers (clearly) taste better than others; some foods can be cooked with bear for flavoring, such as cod, and it's quite good.

If you want to get drunk, beer is your cheapest method; if you want to have a good time with friends at a bar just get some draft, it's basically watered down beer and you won't get wasted but won't look like a "pussy" either. If your friends aren't those stereotypical dicks just drink what you want, no matter how "gay" or "fruity" the drink is; if it tastes good, go for it. Watch your alcohol intake and don't drink too much, or hold back peeing as not to "break the seal" if your body wants to urinate, do it.

If you're just trying new things, try Cannabis (weed/pot); it's really not as bad people say it is, though illegal in most countries it's a fun experience and won't hurt you at all. Don't smoke tobacco with nicotine in it, though; that is actually harmful.

Иван

I've never had any alcohol at all, actually. I blame strict parents and boring friends. :U

Then again, don't have much desire to try it either... the fumes alone make me dizzy. @_@

Dyluck (alt)

Banned
Banned
I've never had any alcohol at all, actually. I blame strict parents and boring friends. :U

Then again, don't have much desire to try it either... the fumes alone make me dizzy. @_@

I've got a buddy who seems to get drunk if he even smells alcohol in the room.

Pretty wacky.

Phenom

THIS WAY TO PROGRESS
If you're just trying new things, try Cannabis (weed/pot); it's really not as bad people say it is, though illegal in most countries it's a fun experience and won't hurt you at all. Don't smoke tobacco with nicotine in it, though; that is actually harmful.

Newf your not allowed to give people ideas anymore >_>.

If he wants to try new things he should start with salvia at least it's legal in several states.

And I typically like hard liquor more then beer, Vodka being my fav. Mainly because beer makes you pee more and at a party constant trips to the bathroom is the last thing you want to be doing :p.

Irreverent

Phenom

THIS WAY TO PROGRESS
Salvia gives you the giggles for like 5 minutes. If you find something funny your going to constantly laugh. But after that passes your pretty much feeling the way snoochie boochie noochies make you feel. But it only lasts about 30 minutes. Nothing suicidal about it :p.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
Not so crazy. Whole populations lack a genetic marker that enables the them to breakdown alcohol at a so called "normal rate", typically south-Asian and American Indian. It can be mitigated by building alcohol tolerance over time, but not eliminated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_tolerance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction

How damn interesting is that!
No wonder neither me nor my mom can take the half a shot of the stuff without our guts trying to wriggle out later. We're of American Indian descent.

Lol, not even the Irish from my dad's side can prevent that. XD

Иван

I've got a buddy who seems to get drunk if he even smells alcohol in the room.

Pretty wacky.

Not so crazy. Whole populations lack a genetic marker that enables the them to breakdown alcohol at a so called "normal rate"
No, here's the wacky thing. My heritage is composed of Irish, German, French, and Scottish.

I should be able to drink people under the table. o_O

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I drank some beer once.

It tasted like I drank a toxin.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Weed is a lot like salvia, in fact the only difference is weed lasts longer, really.

Edit: Well, also weed is stronger and doesn't make you hallucinate like salvia can do. Also I got sick off that stuff, cannabis has never once made me sick.

Last edited: