• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Forum So is the forums randomly redirecting to this site for anyone else?

Chomby

I'm back.
Screenshot_20220622-202608_Chrome.jpg

Chomby

I'm back.
This is the second time this has happened.

Chomby

I'm back.

Chomby

I'm back.
It's only happening on this site so I don't know what's going on.

Chomby

I'm back.
Try clearing cache and cookies. This happens to me occasionally and that fixes it.
I did that just now. Hopefully it works for me. lol

quoting_mungo

Also worth doing: if you use a lot of browser plugins, go over and check that they’re still kosher. A number of years back I suddenly started to get a ton of pop-ups and other obnoxious behavior on a few sites, including FA. Turns out I was using a plugin that at some point got compromised, and it only showed when I came to the US because apparently it didn’t have any regional ads to throw at me for Sweden. XD

Took ages to troubleshoot as it wouldn’t immediately start misbehaving after being enabled, but rather waited a while and then came back full force.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I am curious that both websites have 'finity' as a suffix.

It is possible that furaffinity itself has hosted a compromised advert, so I will @Dragoneer so that he is aware of this thread.

But the 'finity' suffix makes me suspect that the 'xfinity' redirect page is a malicious scam that is impersonating ComCast's legitimate xfinity business.
I think the malware is detecting when a user attempts to visit a URL that looks similar to 'xfinity', and then redirecting them to a compromised page in order to trick customers into giving their financial details to criminals.
A user who intended to visit xfinity because they are an actual customer could be tricked into believing they were given a special offer.

I note that the URL in the screenshot is clearly not the url of ComCast's legitimate business.

The fact that Smity said deleting the cookie cache temporarily removed the problem suggests the piece of software performing the redirection was delivered as a 'drive by download' that is exploiting your browser or plugins.
These are usually delivered by third party adverts which have not been scanned for malware before being hosted.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
*double post*

I suggest performing a web-search for 'xfinity prize scam redirect' , because I bet that this scam has been reported and discussed already.

Niedlich the Folf

Cute Folf.
Though I cleared my plugins now just in case

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
*double post*

I suggest performing a web-search for 'xfinity prize scam redirect' , because I bet that this scam has been reported and discussed already.
We reported it to our ad providers.

Use adblock, will not have to worry anymore about clicking on phishy ads
We do understand the frustration and are working to fix it. That said, please keep in mind the ads are what keep the forums and the site alive. We work directly with our ad partners to to mitigate redirect ads and to keep our ads within a set specification. We have been in contact with them and they are aware.

That said, if you need to, you can block ads, but consider allow-listing rv.furaffinity.net our internal ad server. I know ads are not everybody's favorite thing but it's what allows us to keep the site running. We do take reports of malicious ads seriously and address them with our partners when made aware.

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
*double post*

It’s not limited to Xfinity. This phishing scam gives a variety of messages depending on your isp.