• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So, is there some kind of initiation into the community..?

Prawnzer

Hey there, Iv been curious with this world of persona explosions for a long time but never dipped my toe in. So heres the toe dip i suppose you could say. I have yet to delve into creating a character yet id love to dive right in and grab all kinds of concepts. Iv seen neat concept pages where you'll see: said character,: and then about six pictures as to what their personality associates with the most. I like that a lot and making one of those would be cool if there are templates or something? Im not the best with forums or posting either, or organizing what i write haha. Im sure i can figure it all out through self teaching, but im more so just saying hi there and waving a flag around so that i feel like sticking to it.

Wabbajax

Jaxon-Jackal/Arixes-Særkyn
Hiya and welcome! Dive right in, the water here is super deep!

Iv seen neat concept pages where you'll see: said character,: and then about six pictures as to what their personality associates with the most. I like that a lot and making one of those would be cool if there are templates or something?

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds super useful and fascinating! Do you have a link to an example or something?

Render

If you can lick it, it's probably safe
Banned
Yes. You have to eat a banana and say 'Praise the mighty fruit, I am become of you!'

Lol no, you just have to put yourself out there and poof, you're one of us :)

There are a some pretty good templates floating around but they tend to be species dependent... for example, if you were thinking of a Angel Dragon,
www.furaffinity.net: FREE TO USE ANGEL DRAGON REFERENCE blank Refsheet / Suit Ref by Desmodia

What kind species do you have in mind for your sona? I'm sure we can find a good template for you to work off.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
No, there are no "initiations" to become a furry, no secret handshakes or requirements of your lifestyle or possessions.
Everyone has their own ways of coming up with and presenting the fursona they've created. Some instantly pick a species and a name and a color scheme, others take longer.
There is no "right" way to do it - though stealing or copying another person's character is definitely wrong and very frowned upon by most in the fandom.

Wabbajax

Jaxon-Jackal/Arixes-Særkyn
*gets dark robes and candles before chanting begins*

"One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us..."

StealthMode

*stealth mode activated*
Banned

"One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us..."
This is what you have to do in order to become a furry. Believe me I know

All jokes aside, theres no initiation or anything like that. All you have to do is call yourself a furry. Thats all

Prawnzer

See now i think this is having an effect haha

Prawnzer

Hiya and welcome! Dive right in, the water here is super deep!

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds super useful and fascinating! Do you have a link to an example or something?
HollYY crAAAP. Of course i cant find it now, seems its a lot more uncommon than i thought but it was my faveourite thing! i loved that the character style/ personality was described with a grouping of photos opposed to a bunch of words. It was like a reference sheet but... with separate pictures that involves their personality? (They had a drawing of the character them-self as well of course. ) i just spent an hour trying to find it lol. It was a great idea.

Prawnzer

No, there are no "initiations" to become a furry, no secret handshakes or requirements of your lifestyle or possessions.
Everyone has their own ways of coming up with and presenting the fursona they've created. Some instantly pick a species and a name and a color scheme, others take longer.
There is no "right" way to do it - though stealing or copying another person's character is definitely wrong and very frowned upon by most in the fandom.
Well I would certainly never do that, i respect the hard practice art takes too much, I think for now ill take a sec to pick a species.

Prawnzer

Yes. You have to eat a banana and say 'Praise the mighty fruit, I am become of you!'

Lol no, you just have to put yourself out there and poof, you're one of us :)

There are a some pretty good templates floating around but they tend to be species dependent... for example, if you were thinking of a Angel Dragon,
www.furaffinity.net: FREE TO USE ANGEL DRAGON REFERENCE blank Refsheet / Suit Ref by Desmodia

What kind species do you have in mind for your sona? I'm sure we can find a good template for you to work off.
Well, i thought something that looks a little alien like would have been awesome. So maybe something like a reptile or alien in between? or does that even count as a species?

Peach's

mathmagician
it comes when it comes to you, I didn't start really appreciating anything until over 2 years after I went to a convention with a friend