• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

so, what do you guys think about this?

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
link.

think about it, if you had a dream that was so realistic that you could not tell it apart from reality then it might be reality in another "zone". if you have 8 lives then there are always 8 versions of yourself in 8 different places, with 8 different realities.

there was also another theory somewhere else that stated that if you had a near death experience, then you would have died in one of the other realities, but in this one you survived. and that when you die you are born again into another of these realities where the "other you" died. and heaven is only a waiting room until one of your alternate realities dies and moves on to another cycle.

so, what do you guys think?

NightWolf714

The Pet Returning to the Wild
It's a cool idea, and would prolly make a good book/tv series.

Scientifically speaking, though, it's highly doubtful. One, I don't think you always have the same number of dreams each night. It depends on how fast you go through each cycle. Two, you're other 7 lives would be ripped off because you would only spend a short time in those as compared to the time you spend in this life. Three, it makes it out as though you are constantly reborn, which I've always had a problem with because it doesn't explain the growth in our population.

Though like I said, it would make for an interesting tv series. Like, if everyone was like that, but this one guy can control which reality he's in or is just the only one really aware of it.

They had something interesting going on. Then I got to the "thanks for reeding" line, and I had to completely dismiss everything they typed out for me.

Anyway, I highly suggest you look up lucid dreaming. Those are the types of dreams where everything "feels real". Some people are more prone to lucid dreaming than others.

The Wave

Anyway, I highly suggest you look up lucid dreaming. Those are the types of dreams where everything "feels real". Some people are more prone to lucid dreaming than others.

Got any tips for lucid dreaming? I've tried it so much and for a while already, without any real success. The best I got was that I remember my dreams a little better. Though I also never sleep well......

Grimfang

The author of the blog said they had been researching this subject for a long time, yet I have to ask: What leads this person to believe anything they said? I see not a single scrap of fact or reasoning, only something about having 7 or 8 lives, which can be determined by the amount of lines on your wrist.

>_>

Bellini Tabloid

whatcha say? that's cool...
Oh, god *facepalm* This is just a psuedo theory of Hugh Everett's (Hugh Everett III) original theory of Many-worlds interpretation.

Last edited:

Ratte

The author of the blog said they had been researching this subject for a long time, yet I have to ask: What leads this person to believe anything they said? I see not a single scrap of fact or reasoning, only something about having 7 or 8 lives, which can be determined by the amount of lines on your wrist.

>_>

I bet emos have more. :V

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
looks like random shit that was put together as an attempt to make since out of it...

Got any tips for lucid dreaming? I've tried it so much and for a while already, without any real success. The best I got was that I remember my dreams a little better. Though I also never sleep well......

I can't help you there. I've always had lucid dreams, and I write all of them down in a dinky dream journal. Most of mine consist of flying. C: I can tell you though, that when I was severely stressed out from college, I rarely had dreams.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
link.

think about it, if you had a dream that was so realistic that you could not tell it apart from reality then it might be reality in another "zone". if you have 8 lives then there are always 8 versions of yourself in 8 different places, with 8 different realities.

there was also another theory somewhere else that stated that if you had a near death experience, then you would have died in one of the other realities, but in this one you survived. and that when you die you are born again into another of these realities where the "other you" died. and heaven is only a waiting room until one of your alternate realities dies and moves on to another cycle.

so, what do you guys think?

Pure bullcrap, if you'll pardon my French...

Dreams may very well be a way to connect with other realities, but, given some of my most vivid dreams have involved being not human, I can say with certainty that this guy is smoking something he shouldn't. His/her grammar is also very lousy, not to mention the other problems with what was written. Not what I would call a "scientific" study, in any sense of the word.

In other words, pure bullcrap...

My eyes died from the shitty editing. e_e

Mine, too...

The Wave

I can't help you there. I've always had lucid dreams, and I write all of them down in a dinky dream journal. Most of mine consist of flying. C: I can tell you though, that when I was severely stressed out from college, I rarely had dreams.
Geh, well thanks anyway. Heh, I'm always a stressed person, maybe that's why I don't remember dreams that well.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
New Age voodoo.

S

seekerwolf

Wow, I got hit by a van when I was 11, and died for a few minutes, no wonder my life sucks. Crazy makes sense though, anythings possible.

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
I didn't like it, and not just because of the terrible typing.

Firstly, what relevance does the number of lines on your wrist have to ANYTHING? I guess it could be a play on "If your hand is bigger than your face, you have cancer"... If the number of lines on your wrist is greater than one, you have pseudo-dream-lives...

But having a 'deep' meaning like the number of lives you have?
Nuh-uh. *chuckles*

Secondly, how would that change anything?
So. There are seven other versions of me in different dimensions/whatever. Okay. Cool.
... and then what happened?

What I do like is Descartes' "I think, therefore I am" line of reasoning, but... that's not really relevant. =(

Last edited: