• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So what's all this hubbub about FurNation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasair

Has World-Cup fever.

Still, please don't blame him for reacting this way, as this isn't like losing your profile on the internet. The amount of time and money you have to put into a community site is insane, just to have it shut down by some dork who was bored enough to play around with paypal's policies regarding their paypal account.

Look heres the deal, if you blatantly come out and accuse someone like Dragoneer of this, blame it all on FA with no evidence whatsoever, when Nexxus knew it wasn't a solid accusation all he had to do was post and say: Look im sorry, i acted stupidly in accusing FA of this. i overreacted, maybe its not true. Now lets look into this and find the real answers.

But instead he acted like a jealous baby and threw all his toys out of the pram because he had realised his own stupidity, he takes down the site. Rather than taking time to try and find the real culprit, and then once he has (or cant find) the answer, THEN shut down the site if he feels neccisary.

Besides he hadn't lost the site, or had it shut down immediatly by this, as he stated in the front-page post on FN, he had the ability to continue until January.

He epically ragequitted
End of my little opinion/rant on all this.

Saillestraife

Saillestraife
Well don't be afraid to click that +Watch when FA comes back up and +Follow on Twitter. :) I'll be shooting updates to both of those places. I'm anxious to get it started and see how well it does, but it could be a good few months away just to warn you. It's a big project to build a website like this from scratch.

i shall consider it! when FA finally gets back up

Pegasus316

Winged Awesome
If you can’t feel compassion for that (e.g. mr. [FONT=&quot]Devious Bane[/FONT]), then really, I don’t think you understand what FurAffinity is about either.

Nexxus and I have been friends both IRL and online for 5+. He's been through a lot in that timeframe. Compassion and me go hand in hand where that guy is concerned right up until the events that went down today.

What he did today threw any respect I had for him as a website admin right out the damn window. :\ He's a good guy. But, he's letting his FEELINGS get in the way of running a website made for the general public. He's run it for 12 years off and on, which is what surprises me so much about his actions. He should know better. And, the fact that he simply turned the site off entirely, pulling the rug out from under a TON of users, I might add, because there were users that didn't blindly agree with him that FA had something to do with their own violation of the PayPal TOS is downright childish.

Knowing him, FN will come back online in a few days/weeks. But, he's going to have to start over completely from scratch, and fight uphill the entire way to get ANY respect whatsoever now. Even the users that were defending him are gonna have trouble with this one.

Devious Bane

No faith for this site
Banned
@Bogrim, You've stopped arguing with me, but show the same respect for those who don't share your opinions. Which seems to be just about everyone you've been arguing with/called out by.

Pegasus316

Winged Awesome
Well don't be afraid to click that +Watch when FA comes back up and +Follow on Twitter. :) I'll be shooting updates to both of those places. I'm anxious to get it started and see how well it does, but it could be a good few months away just to warn you. It's a big project to build a website like this from scratch.

Done, good sir. :)

I look forward to this development.

Lasair

Has World-Cup fever.
tl;dr someone threw a tantrum and basically shitcanned his own setup rather than admit he acted like a shcmuck?

Pretty much sums it up yeah.

ZentratheFox

You just lost the game.
Nexxus and I have been friends both IRL and online for 5+. He's been through a lot in that timeframe. Compassion and me go hand in hand where that guy is concerned right up until the events that went down today.

What he did today threw any respect I had for him as a website admin right out the damn window. :\ He's a good guy. But, he's letting his FEELINGS get in the way of running a website made for the general public. He's run it for 12 years off and on, which is what surprises me so much about his actions. He should know better. And, the fact that he simply turned the site off entirely, pulling the rug out from under a TON of users, I might add, because there were users that didn't blindly agree with him that FA had something to do with their own violation of the PayPal TOS is downright childish.

Knowing him, FN will come back online in a few days/weeks. But, he's going to have to start over completely from scratch, and fight uphill the entire way to get ANY respect whatsoever now. Even the users that were defending him are gonna have trouble with this one.

I actually met Nexxus IRL before, and he seemed like a pretty alright guy, and even somewhat normal and rational. He lives literally a mile from me. However, he also seems like he can get worked up over things and make split-second decisions that could have a negative impact on him and others. Oh well, this whole incident has at least given me something to do on my sick day...

Bogrim

Seriously!? Who, pray, should we blame then, if not the person who threw a fit and shut down the site.

No, no, no. Nexxus/suxxeN shut down the site. By their own words, there was at least enough money to run it until Jan 1st, and it would have lived past then (PayPal is not the only way to collect donations).

I'll say it again. Nexxus/suxxeN shut down the site. Not "some dork."
I already said he could have handled it more professionally, in the same post as you quoted from.

I'll make a comparison here:

You're playing a game very insentively and you get game over right before the final boss. You slam the table (or mouse or keyboard) in frustration over your loss. What has the table (or mouse or keyboard) over done to you to deserve getting hit?

When you are frustrated, you will want to let out your anger at the person or thing that frustrated you. If you can't figure out the troublemaker or cause, you will instrinctively pick something else to let your frustration at (my dearest pillow). The game is a good example because there's no real person present, much like the administrator doesn't know the real person behind the paypal trouble.

Of course, the professional gamer would not get angry with a lose. But you can't honestly blame everyone for not being professional all the time. Especially when dealing with real efforts, real time invested and real money.

Baako

I already said he could have handled it more professionally, in the same post as you quoted from.

You're playing a game very insentively and you get game over right before the final boss. You slam the table (or mouse or keyboard) in frustration over your loss. What has the table (or mouse or keyboard) over done to you to deserve getting hit?

When you are frustrated, you will want to let out your anger at the person or thing that frustrated you. If you can't figure out the troublemaker or cause, you will instrinctively pick something else to let your frustration at (my dearest pillow). The game is a good example because there's no real person present, much like the administrator doesn't know the real person behind the paypal trouble.

Of course, the professional gamer would not get angry with a lose. But you can't honestly blame everyone for not being professional all the time. Especially when dealing with real efforts, real time invested and real money.

People may not expect him to be professional 24/7, but acting like a child has no excuse.

Mazz

THE BLEACH, IT DOES NOTHING!!!
Welllllllll, we have in mind to build something similar to a 'Ustream' or 'Livestream' with a little 'YouTube' mixed in. The twist is, it is going to be a furry-based website, kinda like FurAffinity is a furry-based DeviantArt.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furstream (<-- Our FA page, [when it comes back up])

http://twitter.com/furstream (<-- Our twitter)

http://www.furstream.net (<--This will be our website, we already have the URL reserved, just building the content now)

Considering I don't use youtube or livestream I dunno if I'd be able to be an active member to a site like this. None the less, that is actually a pretty damn good idea and I hope to see you pull it off.
Good luck. :D

Pegasus316

Winged Awesome

.... Are you serious...?

You just compared Dragoneer/FA to a table/mouse/keyboard?

I said previously that Nexxus/Suxxen has been running FN for 12 years. In that time, how often have you seen him do THIS?

And, what excuse does that give him regardless? I see what you're trying to get at. But, seriously. Stop. It doesn't make his actions excusable or in some way OKAY.

Not only did he throw a tantrum, he FUCKED OVER HIS OWN USERS in an attempt to stop the threads in his own forums from making him look bad!

'Nuff said!

When you are frustrated, you will want to let out your anger at the person or thing that frustrated you.

You are drawing an equivalence between:

1) Hitting a table, and
2) Shutting down hundreds of other peoples' websites because your wild, baseless accusations weren't immediately accepted by the world

I just wanted to point that out.

Mazz

THE BLEACH, IT DOES NOTHING!!!
Naw dude everyone knows it. Real furries can't stay here because it's so very troll infested. Those few that remain are obvious 'tards because they believe the awful troll lies. i know so, I read it in a blog.

/derailment.

IT's true, your icon makes it so as it kind of scares me into submission. D:

Lasair

Has World-Cup fever.
Welllllllll, we have in mind to build something similar to a 'Ustream' or 'Livestream' with a little 'YouTube' mixed in. The twist is, it is going to be a furry-based website, kinda like FurAffinity is a furry-based DeviantArt.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furstream (<-- Our FA page, [when it comes back up])

http://twitter.com/furstream (<-- Our twitter)

http://www.furstream.net (<--This will be our website, we already have the URL reserved, just building the content now)

Hmmm, very much an interesting concept. I think its a cool idea and i hope it all comes together in the end, look forward to seeing it when it does.

Ill certainly be watching that FA page once its back in action :3

Bogrim

.... Are you serious...?

You just compared Dragoneer/FA to a table/mouse/keyboard?

I said previously that Nexxus/Suxxen has been running FN for 12 years. In that time, how often have you seen him do THIS?

And, what excuse does that give him regardless? I see what you're trying to get at. But, seriously. Stop. It doesn't make his actions excusable or in some way OKAY.

Not only did he throw a tantrum, he FUCKED OVER HIS OWN USERS in an attempt to stop the threads in his own forums from making him look bad!

'Nuff said!
First thing I will say to you is that I don't expect to have any argument with you about one of your close friends as I have no place to talk about him over you.

However, I wasn't replying to you either, and henceforth the example wasn't intended for you. It was intended for the person who didn't know the administrator personally, and the example was picked to describe the sort of feeling he experienced at a much greater level.

Also the example was not intended to be a literal comparison because, as I said in the bottom of the post, I don't think just any person could comprehend the feelings that provoked this. Again, this is still not directed at you.

You have to cut me some slack. There are several people replying to me. I can't reply to several people at once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.