• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So what's all this hubbub about FurNation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus I though FN was going to close down anyway during this year cause they couldn't keep it up? Take it they actually got saved then.

I'd need all four paws to count the number of times FurNation has gone through the "We have no money we're gonna close =( / Yay we're saved!" cycle. I'm surprised anyone believes them anymore.

This latest post is nothing but an attention-whoring money grab. PayPal shut down their account because it violated PayPal's terms of service. Whether an FA mod reported it or not is actually pretty irrelevant because of that. But what possible motive could there be? What would Dragoneer or FA gain by doing so? Absolutely nothing. And frankly, I don't believe Dragoneer is that petty a person.

And to the person who said we should all donate to Furnation...no. Fuck 'em. Making wild accusations with no proof is not something to be rewarded. Let them die their quiet death.

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
Ever seen the newsletter FN sends out to its users? They've been whining about shutting down due to lack of funds ever since I created an account there.

They'll either find another means of obtaining donations, shut down for real, or sell ad-space like the millions of other sites (including us) do.

Not really, since I'm not on FN. X3 I did read like people's journals on FA during the time when FN was going to shut down, due to lack of funding. Then I went to FN and read the front page and read them saying that they're going to be shutting down to lack of funding. Though that's what happens when you run so many sims on Second Life at so many Lindens for each sim as I read on someone journal and on the FM home page. SO I'm thinking that people donated a lot of money to the site to keep it up.

RyuDragnier

I want to ask this: who want to make an ED page about this? I'm sure as hell everyone want to read up about how an site is going down and bitching about it. Anyway, I think its funny as hell they deleted post asking for poof. How sad.
Their so called "Senate" is looking in on it. I wouldn't mind if they were deleting posts that were flaming, but to delete posts that had to do with the Original Topic and weren't flaming? That's just bizarre, weird, and an example of a bad admin.

Pegasus316

Winged Awesome
Alright... First, that is complete bullshit. o_o No proof, no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

Second, I thought Nexxus sold FN. Why's he still posting there?? What a goddamn flake. >_< He's run out of every other excuse why he can't afford the server fees for the site for the month, so he's gonna blame FA shutting down their PayPal account, now?

Wow... Just, wow.

JAH2000

drunken wolf master
That's the "HIDE AND AND NO ONE WILL KNOW" proof.

maybe it could be "make it look like no one is challenging us, so it must be true" ploy

bobby123

I don't think it's appropriate to point blame publicly, so I'm guessing that the people at furnation are butthurt as their website is a relic from the 90s with a poor user interface and lack of content?

Screw them pointing the finger and then not giving any real evidence.

Last edited:

Freehaven

Dammit.
Looks as if the accusation of FA taking down their PayPal is gone.

Maybe they're not complete idiots over there after all.

Mazz

THE BLEACH, IT DOES NOTHING!!!
Oh and Furnation deletes everything.

I so believe them now.

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Looks as if the accusation of FA taking down their PayPal is gone.

Maybe they're not complete idiots over there after all.
Shame they can't delete the contents of people's browser caches, isn't it. :p

(Yes, I have a copy. No, I won't be posting it unless I'm given a good reason to.)

JAH2000

drunken wolf master
LOL i just love the the thread they left in its place

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
-nods- Looks like they're just blowing hot air up the users of FN's butts. Kinda like poking the bee's nest with a stick to get the FN user's riled up. Still what's done is done and people on FA are just going to laugh at FN for this.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
DuncanFox said:
And to the person who said we should all donate to Furnation...no. Fuck 'em. Making wild accusations with no proof is not something to be rewarded. Let them die their quiet death.
I wasn't serious. Of course, it would be hilarious if word got out that a bunch of FA users donated mass quantities of money to save FurNation. Hilarious, ironic, and a bunch of other things.

JAH2000

drunken wolf master

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
I'm sure as hell am. And I can't wait to see an ED page about this soon.

I can't wait to see it either. ^^ I wonder if it's going to be added to their ED page or if it's going to be another new page?

Furlock

Witty Crinklebutt
It wouldn't surprise me if either claim was true, or false, honestly. Furries and drama, peanut butter and jelly, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.