• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So what's all this hubbub about FurNation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuixoticMutt

Professional whale jockey
What a grand first day back for FA, we are taking names, kicking ass and eating FN's carrots.

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
We shall all now do our own victory dance!!! LEt us dance the dance of 1000 victory poses on the corpse of FN! Who's with me?! 8D

Lasair

Has World-Cup fever.
Im sitting here laughing my ass off at all this! XD
Nicely done on the ED article...VitaiSlade? (I think)

Was getting 404's, now getting connection-timeouts when i check FN, looks like Nexxus just had a 'toys-out-of-pram' moment and pulled the site.
Dammit, and watching all that drama was really brighting up my day. Oh well, win for FA ;)

ZentratheFox

You just lost the game.
Lol what happened??

furnationdead.jpg

EDIT: browser cache fail. You all already posted about it.

VitaiSlade

~TGWBT~
Im sitting here laughing my ass off at all this! XD
Nicely done on the ED article...VitaiSlade? (I think)

Was getting 404's, now getting connection-timeouts when i check FN, looks like Nexxus just had a 'toys-out-of-pram' moment and pulled the site.
Dammit, and watching all that drama was really brighting up my day. Oh well, win for FA ;)

Yes, I made the ED edit to include today's dramafest. Thanks for the compliments. :D

Bogrim

Some points of interest:

- There is no "us" and "them". This is like those heated "America versus Europe" debates, there's really no point to them because we're talking about something so global (the internet) you never had to choose in the first place.

- The administrator posting is obviously upset because of the amount of devotion he has put into keeping the community running. It would also be foolhardy not to think FurAffinity, as a site, wasn’t involved in the incident somehow. It’s no coincidence that the site goes down in the same week as the regular FA surfers needed another site to waste time on. There’s someone guilty alright, but it’s properly not the people he’s pointing his fingers at.

QuixoticMutt

Ode to FurNation...

Oh nation of fur
your life goes out as a blur
you pulled the plug
in a moment of spur
you baww'd all night
and cut wrists in the shower
leading to today
where you were down in an hour.

-QuixoticMutt

QuixoticMutt

It's not the end... it's not the beginning of the end, but maybe... it is the end of the beginning.

Devious Bane

No faith for this site
Banned
Some points of interest:

- There is no "us" and "them". This is like those heated "America versus Europe" debates, there's really no point to them because we're talking about something so global (the internet) you never had to choose in the first place.

- The administrator posting is obviously upset because of the amount of devotion he has put into keeping the community running. It would also be foolhardy not to think FurAffinity, as a site, wasn’t involved in the incident somehow. It’s no coincidence that the site goes down in the same week as the regular FA surfers needed another site to waste time on. There’s someone guilty alright, but it’s properly not the people he’s pointing his fingers at.
Major point of interest: Unless proof is provided, nothing of value was lost.
Second point of interest: Your argument has no creditably for being your first post.

Let this be a lesson to all newfags trying to stand up for that site on its biggest competitor.

Last edited:

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
Ode to FurNation...

Oh nation of fur
your life goes out as a blur
you pulled the plug
in a moment of spur
you baww'd all night
and cut wrists in the shower
leading to today
where you were down in an hour.