• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So you own games on steam eh? I bet you've never played most of them.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
But OP, I don't have a stream.

Why are you saying that I do?

Weird, I didn't mention that you or anyone else has a steam in my OP, but that for those who do, how this may be of interest....
Why are you here if this thread doesn't even apply to you?

Sylver

I own one game on steam, and that's Rust (which I have around 150 hours). I've got tonnes of money (my parents are well off...) so I can buy whatever games as I want without issue, but I honestly just don't see the point. I don't even own that many xbox and ps games, if a game comes out that I think I'll enjoy I buy it, I don't care for the price.

As I was writing this my thoughts went on to how we spend our money and this is what I was thinking:
I buy 3-5 games a year, which vary in price but I buy them all for the same reason, I think that I'll really really enjoy them and spend a lot of time playing them, I don't care about the prices. I spend significantly less money than most of my friends who always piss away their money on steam sales buying tonnes of games they never play. They are under the illusion that sometime in the future they'll want to buy the game, but won't be able to because it will be too expensive. So they buy the game now because they think they'll buy the game later, but never do play the game; or they just buy the game because it's cheap and they intent to play it...eventually. So in the end even though I buy games when they are expensive I end up spending considerably less than any of my friends (around 3 to 4 times less).

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
I own one game on steam, and that's Rust (which I have around 150 hours). I've got tonnes of money (my parents are well off...) so I can buy whatever games as I want without issue, but I honestly just don't see the point. I don't even own that many xbox and ps games, if a game comes out that I think I'll enjoy I buy it, I don't care for the price.

As I was writing this my thoughts went on to how we spend our money and this is what I was thinking:
I buy 3-5 games a year, which vary in price but I buy them all for the same reason, I think that I'll really really enjoy them and spend a lot of time playing them, I don't care about the prices. I spend significantly less money than most of my friends who always piss away their money on steam sales buying tonnes of games they never play. They are under the illusion that sometime in the future they'll want to buy the game, but won't be able to because it will be too expensive. So they buy the game now because they think they'll buy the game later, but never do play the game; or they just buy the game because it's cheap and they intent to play it...eventually. So in the end even though I buy games when they are expensive I end up spending considerably less than any of my friends (around 3 to 4 times less).

I've had a Steam account for about six months, and in that time I've only spent about $100 on 25 games. You could average that out to $4 a game-- an unprecedented amount for me, someone who before would only purchase 3-4 games a year and spend nearly $150. The games I've gotten, I wanted (the only exception are the bundles, although even then I got them for at least one game). I knew why I was purchasing them and how much enjoyment I would get out of them. Steam has legitimately changed the way I see the gaming industry. I'll admit, I'm considerably looser with my money now, in part because the microtransactions give the impression that I'm saving money (in one sense I am, but I'm also spending more than I normally would), but also because I have a more steady source of income now.

Sylver

I've had a Steam account for about six months, and in that time I've only spent about $100 on 25 games. You could average that out to $4 a game-- an unprecedented amount for me, someone who before would only purchase 3-4 games a year and spend nearly $150. The games I've gotten, I wanted (the only exception are the bundles, although even then I got them for at least one game). I knew why I was purchasing them and how much enjoyment I would get out of them. Steam has legitimately changed the way I see the gaming industry. I'll admit, I'm considerably looser with my money now, in part because the microtransactions give the impression that I'm saving money (in one sense I am, but I'm also spending more than I normally would), but also because I have a more steady source of income now.

Nice to hear you spend your money wisely - $150 sounds about the same as what I spend (give or taken) per year. I just find it funny ironic that some people piss away hundreds (or even thousands) in games just because they are cheap, like my friends and other people I know.