• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

So your little brother's a furry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Os

Pants suck.
Yeah... people know I'm furry. The people that have seen my wearing my tail around town, and anybody who's just asked me. Lots of people wonder because of my work, but hey; If they wanna' know, they'll ask. I'm not private and discreet about it, nor do I always run around and flaunt it, never saying, "look at me! I'm a furry!" even though, like I said before, it's fun to wear the tail around and freak people out. so far, nobody's had any problems with it.

My mom found out when I lived with her and only picked at me for a few minutes, letting it drop after that. I don't think she cared because I was practically making a living off of it at the time over furbid.

Pinkuh

My whole family and extended family know about my furryness

I got married at a fur con and I dragged everyone there.

my mom thinks its awsome... everyone else thinks it's cute

My whole family knew about me drawing furry characters and that I'm furry - I even barked, beg like dog, and do puppy eyes..as well being lazy and curl up in my bed, and I'd glad to sleep anywhere..... they didn't mind, really. Although, nobody knows I draw yiff other than my sister, which she doesnt' mind either.

To be honest, living in Scotland means we don't know what furry is - I was first one who found the fur-con at the age of 14 or 15. And realised I've been furry since I was eight, being The Hedgehog for more than 12 years till I've changed it to Dog-Man.

Xan_vega

It was my younger brother who made me realize I was a furry. I had never heard of the term until that point. I knew I liked anthro art and world role play as one all the time. We kept it from our parents and treated it like it was the greatest secret we could share. They knew we played as animals but didn't know what furries were. It wasn't until a year ago that they found out the wrong way and now he is facing the risk of getting kicked out on the street.

All my friends know, I lost a few because of it but that's their loss. One mocks me for it but he doesn't know his wife is beginning to become a fur.

Xan_vega

Xipoid said:
Xan_vega said:
...One mocks me for it but he doesn't know his wife is beginning to become a fur.

Now that is worthy of a novel

It's hilarious because one moment she is agreeing with how I am a sick freak (yet they keep having me over) and the moment he leaves the room she asks me if I have that art she asked for. I swear at this rate, they are going to end up broke with her buying art off me (not really, I only charge local folks I know a dollar a picture).

Xipoid

Cameras
How can you not laugh while this is going on? I wouldn't be able to keep a strait face. Her cover would have been blown wide open if I was there (I would of just broken down and laughed until my sides burned from pain).

Fotter

All of my friends know, and I don't try to hide it, but my family has no clue about the fandom. My dad knows I draw animal-people-things and that I go to conventions every few years but the community as we see it is non-exsistant to 'em.
If I found out someone related to me was a secretive furry I'm not sure how I'd handle it. A part of me would want to confront them and say "ZOMG I'm a furry, too!!" but another part would want to give them privacy. I figure if they didn't tell me they probably didn't want me to know. Dx

Xan_vega

Xipoid said:
How can you not laugh while this is going on? I wouldn't be able to keep a strait face. Her cover would have been blown wide open if I was there (I would of just broken down and laughed until my sides burned from pain).

Well when they are bashing furs, I just laugh. It doesn't bug me because I know all their dirty little secrets too, making them hypocrites. I once told the husband that if he wanted to be an ass about me being a fur, I knew a few people who would be interested in learning a certain 911 operator who likes to goad callers and who also likes to abuse drugs when out with his friends. He shut up quickly.

Faukx

All my friends know im a furry, my little brother knows it to and they all know about the whole fandom around it. My parents and grandparents know i love drawing anthro art, but they just love my drawings. the also heared the word furry and furconvention a fwe times while we had a role-play evening @ my place, but they never asked what it was. My friends like to joke about it sometimes and one role-play evening @ my place one friend said we could all go to a furrcon dressed up like hunters and yelling *hunting season opened!*. that was just a good laugh.
Also all my friends and parents/grandparents know im BI, but they just want me to be happy.
About a week ago one of my best friends told me he became u furry, so that was quite a suprise. but i loved to hear that :p. And i got another friend who's a fur.

So overall im in a good position here. I think my parents wouldn't mind to know about the whole furry thing and its fandoms, but ill tell them when they ask.

One person accuses me quite often of being furry, but hes about as credible as a landslide and sexy like roadkill. Social grace is something that other people have for him. I intend to keep it out of my life, as a hobby, not a lifestyle.

kyubi_youma

fox with too many worries
omg my whole family knows i think they also know allot of other things including my sexual preference;) i wore a tail to high school for a whole fricken year for gosh sake if that doesn't tell you something i dont think anything will (i made the tail my self and earned the nick name kangaroo boy from my pears <giggle> and i think i got my sister into the fandom too lol she colors other artists pictures and has a deviant art account with her drawings on it lol me i need to start drawing again lol although im kinda debating whether or not to tell my brother in the navy <hes a long time 4-chan b-tard you know from before it turned all gay and crapness

Takeo Wolf

Random Wolf
I found out my brother is a furry beacuse I saw him looking at furries without him knowing and I told him I knew and that I am a furry

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
What a necro.

To be on topic, I'd totally find a way to screw with his head. Like I'd purposely discuss how disgusted I am with furries after watching the CSI episode, or be all like "You know what's lame? Furfags". Just watching him squirm as I take a shit all over his secret hobby lifestyle would be incredible.

Corto

How do you people even find these threads?

The bump was on topic, but we've had much more recent versions of this same topic, and this one's in the wrong section to boot. So, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.