• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Some input about Adoptables...?

DexinHeart

I don't currently have any of my adopts on Furaffinity, but I have a whole account dedicated to them on Deviantart. Well I keep seeing artist selling adopts that are not as refined as mine (e.g., not shaded, sketchy line art, bad body proportions, etc) for close to the same price or even higher than I'm trying to sell mine. Yet I have no one showing interest in mine and the other people are selling their less refined ones like hot cakes. Then today I had someone offer me 10 cent for one of my designs (literally) and another guy who simply commented "To Expensive!"

Originally I thought it was just because I'm new to the adoptable scene (only been making them for like three months now), but now I'm not so sure. I'm really confused by peoples reactions to my adopts and would like some input form you guys. Can you take a look at my gallery and help me out here. Are my designs really bad and I just can't see it cause they are mine? Or are my prices (typically $3 - $10 depending on the characters complexity) really too high? I heard someone say once that I should start out low and slowly raise prices, but then another person said to never short change myself OTL

Thanks for any input or advice. I don't quite now the ropes yet when it comes to selling adopts so any help is greatly appreciated :confused:

xofrats

The cat said what?
In my opinion it's your species the Dracear. What are they? The anatomy looks a bit of. It seems like they will fall over o_O
Maybe you can try drawing some common animals? I did a search on dA and cats and ponies seems to be popular.

You're design are good so I don't think that is the4 problem. I can't help you with prices because I have never bought one ^^;
I hope it will work out for you :)

DexinHeart

In my opinion it's your species the Dracear. What are they? The anatomy looks a bit of. It seems like they will fall over o_O
Maybe you can try drawing some common animals? I did a search on dA and cats and ponies seems to be popular.

You're design are good so I don't think that is the4 problem. I can't help you with prices because I have never bought one ^^;
I hope it will work out for you :)

Thanks for the advice ^_^
I guess they are kind of standing in a weird position.
They are technically a dinosaur with fur and walk like raptors did.
But it apparently doesn't convey that the way I have them drawn now :/

Revous

They're pretty cute! I just can't tell if they're supposed to be quadruped or bipedal.
If they're bipedal, then it looks like they're gonna fall because the problem lies mostly in the spine angle and below waist area (pelvis, legs). They should have a different weight to them (heavier than the front, way bigger hips/thighs/legs, and shoulders a tad more vertical in relation to the pelvis).
If they're quadruped, then you should study how quadruped animals stand up (the angle of their spines, the leg positioning, muscles, etc).
You're on the right way!

DexinHeart

They're pretty cute! I just can't tell if they're supposed to be quadruped or bipedal.
If they're bipedal, then it looks like they're gonna fall because the problem lies mostly in the spine angle and below waist area (pelvis, legs). They should have a different weight to them (heavier than the front, way bigger hips/thighs/legs, and shoulders a tad more vertical in relation to the pelvis).
If they're quadruped, then you should study how quadruped animals stand up (the angle of their spines, the leg positioning, muscles, etc).
You're on the right way!

Thanks for the input. Yeah I actually had a friend tell me something similar, about being off balance looking.
I'll definitely take your advice and look up some anatomy stuff for my next redesign of them ^_^ thanks again.