• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Image/Thumbnail Problems: Some thumbnail and image issues.

Shadify

Yiffox
Guess smth is really wrong with it.
I've also noticed that none of my other favourite sites, except FA doesn't have this problem.
So the fact is.. I can't see any thumbnails, images and even avatar icons on FA site.

And none of the methods I used to work around this issue has worked. I've tried to use:
F5, f5 twice, to set an old classic theme (in fact, I saw some avatar icons, but not any thumbnails and other images), to use another new FA theme, to close adblock (so yeah, I've seen the adv images only)... and of course, I've restarted my browser.

So what should I do?

I'll add the screenshot below.
fais.jpg

quoting_mungo

That's unfortunately not something we can fix on our end - I notice your FA profile says you're Russian, and our image server is blocked in Russia. :(

Shadify

Yiffox
That's unfortunately not something we can fix on our end - I notice your FA profile says you're Russian, and our image server is blocked in Russia. :(
huhhh.. just as I though.. -_-' Welp.. guess I have to wait for a better time or for some lucky moment... This is really sad. In fact, I already can see my avatar and some other thumbnails on my messages page. Maybe I'll get a luck later, who knows. But thanks anyway...

But how about to create some new image server that won't be blocked?) I don't really know how this system works, really, but.. it's just not fair, to block the whole image server just because someone noticed there's a lot of nsfw content on FA. <^<

J

jayhusky

But how about to create some new image server that won't be blocked?) I don't really know how this system works, really, but.. it's just not fair, to block the whole image server just because someone noticed there's a lot of nsfw content on FA. <^<

FA could create a new server for the content to be hosted from, but in all likelihood, it would be censored just like the current image server is. There is technically a way around it, other than using a VPN, but it is a little heavier on FA's resources, which can be a problem.

If you really want access that much, just use a VPN (perhaps the one built into Opera's browser), thought the level of success you may have, I'm not sure. Just make sure you're not doing anything illegal.

Shadify

Yiffox
FA could create a new server for the content to be hosted from, but in all likelihood, it would be censored just like the current image server is. There is technically a way around it, other than using a VPN, but it is a little heavier on FA's resources, which can be a problem.

If you really want access that much, just use a VPN (perhaps the one built into Opera's browser), thought the level of success you may have, I'm not sure. Just make sure you're not doing anything illegal.

huh, yeah, thanks a lot for the answer and good advice. Guess now it's the only way for some rusfurrs.. :\ At least it works for now.. Really, thanks a lot.

Wakboth

I'm having the same issue... but only on Chrome (v. 54.0.2840.99 m if that helps anything). Clearing the cache, logging out and back in, etc. doesn't seem to make a difference; there are no thumbnails, no avatars and no images visible on the site. However, if I download a pic, it comes up right. (Browsing from Finland, so it can't really be blocking, either.)

Everything works just fine when I access the site in Firefox or Microsoft Edge, so this is not a critical problem or anything. Still, thought you might know about this!