• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Something about my Fursona and Protogen

ScalyDragon

As I currently try to outline what species my fursona could be I could narrow it down to something like a Dragon or a Protogen. Actually I stumbled across latter a few months ago and I'm fascinated about them as they also involve a severe amount of technology. I was wondering if this species as it may be a little off the common could be considered accepted throughout the furry fandom especially thinking about fursuits on conventions. From what I've seen the majority of fursuiters still uses an animal-based fursona for their suit.

Play3r

Men.
When I was creating my fursona, I thought about the same thing, about protogens being fairly common and that I wanted something new.
My advice if you want to be a protogen, add some features that make it you.

Paws the Opinicus

*Not technically* a Gryphon!
From what I understand, not having a protogen myself, is that there's certain.... limitations that the species creator has put that has made them... sadly nonviable to me as a species that I'd specifically like to "customize" (read: Can't be quadruped, head shape is predetermined, no wings, etc). I'm not the type to be something that looks particularly... "mainstream". I gotta be me! :D

That aside, they're still cute and all, and can be unique, just.... not to the degree that rrrreally makes me want one. :D

ScalyDragon

Hmm, definitely something to consider
I think having a unique fursona is more than a unique coloring of the fur and a few horns. I should definitely have a deeper look at the guidelines to see how far this could go. (Though I still learn how to draw, so until now I don‘t have that much to show...)