• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Something up with journal notices?

T

TakeWalker

I've had the sneaking suspicion that something was going on for a while, but I only just confirmed it.

Having read through the journals I cared to today, I hit "select all" (the main button, all the way at the bottom), followed by the remove button. I was then informed that I still had 13 journals.

"Gadzooks!" I exclaimed. "These people sure are busy in the fifteen minutes it takes me to read journals!"

Upon viewing the journals thus reported, I realized that the first one had been posted in the last fifteen minutes. The next most recent had been posted six hours ago.

My conclusion is that, for whatever reason, the system is only displaying a portion of the journals. Am I correct in this observation?

Wolfblade

Only a certain number of journals are shown on the notification page at a time, not a complete list of all unchecked journal notices. "Select all" selects all those that are visible. Removing them then makes the journals that had been over the number of most recent ones that were shown, visible.

T

TakeWalker

That's... odd.

I can understand (maybe?) why you'd not want to show all the journal notifications at once, but is there any way to give us access to those beyond... what, is the cutoff 25? 30? Trying to understand newer journals that pertain to an older journal buried in limbo is kind of difficult.

Ketsuban

I suggest the solution is not to watch so many damn people. They can't possibly all be that genuinely interesting.

I have sixteen people on my watch list because I prune it regularly and indiscriminately - anyone whose art is no longer interesting goes, anyone who has stopped posting goes - and I find the light flux of things to look at easily manageable.