• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Something We All Can Do To Help Prevent The Next Big Downtime

Jyvris

Seems like we're nearing on another record on the forums for the amount of people on. Sweetness. Can't wait to get back on FA again!

Cough, cough, I mean, we DID make another forum record. Woohoo!

Cocobanana

Only the richest and fattest of the furries (whether their money is through hard work or welfare checks) should be allowed to resume their FA activities first, followed in succession by those who are both poorer and get laid more often. Everyone would be happy eventually this way.

prinnyex

Exploding Penguin
Well the instant it came back up, it did have close to 9k users online (i took a peek since it was loading so slow), tho they should of "tweaked for speed" ahead of time rather than getting it online and then going "OHSHIT"

Mint Chip

minty fresh
At least you guys were lucky enough to see it online. My internet went out (and when I got my internet back on) and I went to get on FA was Offline. And I felt quite slided. ha ha.

Well the instant it came back up, it did have close to 9k users online (i took a peek since it was loading so slow), tho they should of "tweaked for speed" ahead of time rather than getting it online and then going "OHSHIT"

Yeah - this reminds me of a phrase my friend often says in a situation like this "Darn you hindsight!" Yup. Let's hope they can figure this out though.

Last edited:

seaweed

... is not a piece of flotsam
At least you guys were lucky enough to see it online. My internet went out (and when I got my internet back on) and I went to get on FA was Offline. And I felt quite slided. ha ha.

Yeah - this reminds me of a phrase my friend often says in a situation like this "Darn you hindsight!" Yup. Let's hope they can figure this out though.

Yeah. I was working, and by the time I got home and ate, it had already gone up and gone back down.. So here I am again.. still waiting.. I missed it too..

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
Well.... crap.

I should actually go out and enjoy it while it's still fresh and clean. I'm tempted to put on one of my fursuits and go rolling around in the snow and maybe build a snow-coon. It is the most snow I've had at one time in something like the past five years, and it isn't even officially winter yet. It's up to my knees at the moment. Playing in the snow beats checking to see if FA is up every half hour. :)

Duraji

"That Android Guy"
I should actually go out and enjoy it while it's still fresh and clean. I'm tempted to put on one of my fursuits and go rolling around in the snow and maybe build a snow-coon. It is the most snow I've had at one time in something like the past five years, and it isn't even officially winter yet. It's up to my knees at the moment. Playing in the snow beats checking to see if FA is up every half hour. :)

Please take photos if you can!

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
Please take photos if you can!

The only camera I have is an ancient 1 MP camera that is tethered to my computer by a six-foot cable. It can't operate away from the computer. :(

I'm almost fully in my fur to go out. It's after 1 AM here, and I'll probably scare the crap out of someone in my fox suit if they happen to be out this late and see me.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
tumblr_mxxto1Hq9a1s7hhmuo1_500.jpg

totes my fault.

chow-chow

derp derp derrrp.
I am resigned to the fact that getting FA back up before Christmas is about as likely as me getting snow for Christmas. (I live in the southeast US)
True that.

I drew something that I think really expresses a lot of this dilemma FA seems to be having, though. Half-vent, half-laughing at ineptitude.

Mint Chip

minty fresh
The only camera I have is an ancient 1 MP camera that is tethered to my computer by a six-foot cable. It can't operate away from the computer. :(

I'm almost fully in my fur to go out. It's after 1 AM here, and I'll probably scare the crap out of someone in my fox suit if they happen to be out this late and see me.
Aw that's sad, I would have loved to seen some pics. ha ha, you'll have to tell us if anyone freaks out! :D

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
Aw that's sad, I would have loved to seen some pics. ha ha, you'll have to tell us if anyone freaks out! :D

I'm back inside, and out of my now wet and snowy suit. There are several bad snow angels in my back yard, if you can even call them that. My tail got in the way, making it impossible to get a good angel. At one point, I just laid in the snow and scooped what was within reach onto myself so I was totally covered. Then I got up, shook myself off and came inside. I don't think anyone saw me, since I went to my back yard. I had to walk past the neighbor's security camera though, so if he has reason to check his video logs, he's going to wonder what was up. It was fun. I didn't try to build a snow-coon as my hands got too cold. I was only out about 15 minutes.

Looks like my little snow break didn't help FA to come up. Perhaps it'll be working by the time I get up tomorrow. At least I'm not hitting F5 every few seconds like many furs probably are. I try only about every 30 minutes.