• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sona and Color

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
Before I join, I expected a bunch of random Black and Red sona because "Black and red are so kuuuullll emo darkangel uguu desu kawaii Hawaii"

And with some red, orange, blue, brown then some purple.

I was wrong.

There are so many purple crawling around. Black is a lot lower than I thought.

What exactly is the most used color anyway? And was there a reason behind the choice of color? I doubt everyone is all "I like blue so my sona is blue".

I just go with purple for my lizard because purple is for elegant and fabulousasfk. Green for the serpent because yellowish-green scale is beautiful. The blue cat is supposed to be the middle ground between Francis and Nyan-tan but gray is already taken by the wolf siblings and I hate black.

Schwimmwagen

I always thought that a lot of sona colour choices look like poop.

For starters, the choice of colours altogether.

Secondly, I think stuff like vivid green foxes looks hella stupid. I mean a purple newt, a deep blue bird, or an exaggeration of how red a red fox is, that I totally get. But even when the "odd" colours work together well with all the other colour choices in the character, I still don't like it that much.

I'm a sucker for more natural colours.

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
I always thought that a lot of sona colour choices look like poop.

For starters, the choice of colours altogether.

Secondly, I think stuff like vivid green foxes looks hella stupid. I mean a purple newt, a deep blue bird, or an exaggeration of how red a red fox is, that I totally get. But even when the "odd" colours work together well with all the other colour choices in the character, I still don't like it that much.

I'm a sucker for more natural colours.

Natural color is something we are already used to and feel comfortable with. It just give off that kind of vibe.

I can understand when people want to break that rule of comfort to create something "unique" but unless you really are planning on breaking it for a sound reason, sometime googling if such a color exists to begin with is kind of necessary. (Cough, adoptable, cough)

SierraCanine

Wolves unite..... oO CHICKEN!!
...I'm a sucker for more natural colours.

If I wanted natural colors I would go with greens, blacks, browns and tans.... nothing like woodland camo. ^^

Though I take it most people want to make their characters stand out a LOT. So they see the easiest way of doing that as using insane color combinations. Most people don't want it to be subtle, like markings, or hidden like a backstory. They simple use the visual WOW factor to create AND promote their character.

Smuttymutt

My pattern and color are based on the cream morphs found on cornsnakes http://draybar.tripod.com/vol7s.jpg
Which I love! I also believe it suits my personality! Im a warm bouncy bright mutt! And yellow tends to be bright and welcoming or bleak for me! I also enjoy orange with purple and green.

The most common color i see... I see alot of pink and teals. Dont know why. I enjoy teal too but its not my color. Neither is pink. I do believe alot of people pick colors they simply like, or they adopt.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I can never decide what colour i wanted to be on games so i always went with dark grey, seeing as my fursona's a wolf grey makes sense anyway, white markings always looks good aswell, plus cyan details because tron and sci-fi :3

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I just threw my favorite color scheme (black / blue / white / silver) onto my fursona.

Same as I tend to do with most of my original character bullshit.

I just really, really like that color scheme.

Grey, I would imagine.

I still have yet to draw my fursona but I've gotten a few notes down, one of them being that he has grey fur with black details.

Maolfunction

Resident Feline
Purple, gold, and black work well together, and I thought of the three colors, purple looked the most distinct as the base without being ridiculous looking.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
A long time ago I saw a sergal skin for SL that had green stripes. I thought it looked neat enough so I took that, altered a bit and made it my own.
I had seen some swords in oblivion too that were mostly black with green details and it looked cool.

I prefer realistic colours for real species and even on fictional species, but since a sergal is something not found on earth I went crazy and kept the green stripes.
Add me years back who was more into bright colours and you got a derplesergle.

I'd take them off if I could, but I don't know what I'd use to replace them with and make mine unique. Other than those stripes it's pretty much a standard black northern sergalderp.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I see a lot of neutral colors for wolves (blacks, whites, and greys) and just plain old orange for foxes.

Willow is mostly black and white because I'm bad with color schemes (same as Ash but I'm thinking of changing his). The dragon in my avatar is mostly varying shades of pink and tan. But his is based on a color palette I had lying around.

Dire Newt

My 'sona alternates between green and orange/white because I'm indecisive.

I typically like to stick to species' natural colors and patterns for my own characters.

NeoVerona

For me, I feel the purple and white are the two colors I go for. At the same time, I don't have a preference.

Purple does happen to be one of my favorite colors though. I based the color on my gaia avi to be honest.

Rhee

I don't mind the colors all that much, neon rainbow vomit works for some people well, fleshy tones with some blue grey works for me.

I still want to see a rainbow paisley fur or argyle

Nashida

She do a blep
Well, I chose Nashida's colors (purple shades with yellow splashes) because they suited her personality (and mine) best. Plus purple was always my favorite color. Nisha (the wusky) is blue due to her personality. Vender the dracabat is shades of purple and yellow for the same reason as Nashida. Finally, my newest character, a lynx, has more natural colors.