• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sona and Color

NeoVerona

Yes, actually, when abused.

I think we're just confused as to what people define as abuse.

Addition: I've been told that you can color your text "technically" but it just might annoy some people. I think it's more along the lines of not using every combination possible in posts.

Last edited:

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Secondly, I think stuff like vivid green foxes looks hella stupid. I mean a purple newt, a deep blue bird, or an exaggeration of how red a red fox is, that I totally get. But even when the "odd" colours work together well with all the other colour choices in the character, I still don't like it that much.
You are correct. It does look hella stupid. Worse to me is normal coloration, but with -bright- neon ears or paw pads what have you. It's just glaring and obnoxious.

Anyway I'd guess natural colors are the most used. But if you're talking added accents, who knows. There are a lot out there.

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
I like the natural colors a lot, and also wacky coloring too.

Although, it needs to be well thought out when using non-natural colors, not just random jazz like rainbow dogs or red nose/paw pads for no reason. The colors should be complimenting each other well, and flow together as if it was natural.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
What can I say, black ravens are ~oh so edgy~

For reals though, leucistic ravens look cool as hell. The head/neck marking is just something to make it my own.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
What can I say, black ravens are ~oh so edgy~

For reals though, leucistic ravens look cool as hell. The head/neck marking is just something to make it my own.
Wow! I have never seen or heard of these ravens before. That thing is awesome.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I've always wanted to read the writings of Garvey and Carmichael, the poetry of Hughes and Cullen, the plays of Baraka, and the music of Gamble and Huff and think "Yes, these books and this music mean something to me." Now, thanks to my fursona and that I have the fursuit head and the gloves, I don't have to say "If only I was..." anymore

ArmorcladCoyote

Red Wolf Inquisitor
I went with a natural color palette. All the colors are found on coyotes, but not necessarily all on the same individual. I also changed the pattern to give him some slightly unnatural shapes. Enough that he has a distinct look but people can still recognize his species. (Insomuch that people actually recognize coyotes instead of assuming we're wolves.)

I've always wanted to read the writings of Garvey and Carmichael, the poetry of Hughes and Cullen, the plays of Baraka, and the music of Gamble and Huff and think "Yes, these books and this music mean something to me." Now, thanks to my fursona and that I have the fursuit head and the gloves, I don't have to say "If only I was..." anymore

Umm... either I missed something or I think you got your threads crossed.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
I doubt everyone is all "I like blue so my sona is blue".
Actually...
This is me... But with purple. >>; I just like the color, so purple she is. Not much more to it than that, but I think black and white go well with it, so that's what I chose. I'm still worried her yellow eyes clash a bit though, and about the particular shade of pink for her pawpads/ mouth/ears.

And Coffee, I actually never realized those were stripes on your avatar. I always thought your 'sona was black with a dark green sheen to his fur. Silly me. ^^;

Umm... either I missed something or I think you got your threads crossed.
Oh how I wish this were true :v

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
^Yeah same here, except gray and black. I think a tad of yellow (our eyes) look good with purple. To much yellow and you look like a Lakers mascot.

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
When in doubt, use complement.

Purple and yellow never hurt.

Unless you're talking about 50% Purple and 50% yellow.

RatCoffee

Full-bodied dark roast rodent
I don't have a problem with unnaturally colored fursonas. Some of them look pretty nice, but then some people have no idea what colors work well together.

I am one of those people who has no clue what colors work well together. That's why my sona is brown, brown, and more brown.

Gumshoe

I know by fursona's color isn't all that interesting, but I see him as an anthropomorphic representation of myself. Since I like being simple, I gave him a simple color. Perhaps I will vary his coloration in due time, but I do not have any ideas at the moment.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I don't have a problem with unnaturally colored fursonas. Some of them look pretty nice, but then some people have no idea what colors work well together.

I am one of those people who has no clue what colors work well together. That's why my sona is brown, brown, and more brown.
The color wheel is your friend.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I used dark brown because it's my hair color and white to balance it. Black to make sure the white didn't over-power the brown. Blue because it's my favorite color, and light blue to tie together white and brown. Purple goes amazing with brown, as does green. Silver finishes the black and white combo and ties it together.

Rather, each color is symbolic in its own way, but I wanted to make sure I could tie them all together so she wouldn't be too much of an eyesore. XD