• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sona Evolution

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
I'm creating my first serious piece of art, which of course is my fursona!

I just wanted to document this, and give live updates to any interested

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
So I watched a YouTube video explaining the art in terms of drawing 3-dimensional shapes along "lines of action"

I had a first go which went alright, but it was a bit out of proportion and too small.

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
Art before tutorial:

IMG_20190307_235416732.jpg
IMG_20190303_105439580.jpg

Sorry about phone camera quality.

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
Some basic shapes, after watching tutorial:
IMG_20190307_235500230.jpg

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
So hopefully I can run with the second one as my first piece of art that's not flat!

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
Yeah I completed the drawing. But I got the eyes wrong, and rushed it without deliberating over colour or shading. It still looked kind of 2d. More so than I'd like.

I have spent some time trying to perfect the head, and am finally getting somewhere.

Kylan Velpa

Cyan Gentle-fox
Banned
This is the result of my findings:

IMG_20190310_010934522.jpg

I'm now working on a different drawing that seems really promising. At the moment it looks more like a wolf, but it should be clear once it's coloured in. I'm considering using my awesome felt tips, for bolder colours and dynamic contrasts/boundaries between colours.

catscom

Best of luck on your artistic journeys. Remember to apply perspective in your shape construction.
Goodness knows I never did... :')