• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Songs that brought Tears to Your Eyes

Groggy

Hm!
Generally I'm not one to cry or be emotionally moved, but I did a few times with music. Those being:

Gustav Holst - Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity /// Personally I think that between 2:54 and 4:40 the music just takes a turn into something too beautiful to describe with words that makes me glad I have ears to listen.

REO Speedwagon - In My Dreams /// This may sound corny, but I actually cried to the lyrics of this song. Yep. It's moody; happy and sad at the same time and beautifully sung.

The Who - Baba O'Riley /// This one didn't move me at all for the first 500 times I listened to it, but one of these days the song caught me in an unstable mood that just made me realize how beautifully done this song really is. Never saw this song the same way again. Truly a masterpiece. Can't quite explain, sorry.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
I think the one that really made me cry, even without watching that particular scene from the movie, is an instrumental song called lit by Kensuke Ushio, from A Silent Voice. I have never cried so hard, until I heard this song. It genuinely moved me to tears. It still gives me goosebumps to this day.

The music between 0:40 and 1:15 absolutely destroys me, when it kicks in.

Last edited:

WXYZ

No longer using this site
I normally don't cry much watching films, but I remember I was on an airplane and I got emotional watching "Your Name" while this song was playing:

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
I just came across this song in one of my old playlists. Legitimately had me tearing up in the first ten seconds. (If you've played Crisis Core, you know why.)

Heppi

The happy one~
I think the one that really made me cry, even without watching that particular scene from the movie, is an instrumental song called lit by Kensuke Ushio, from A Silent Voice...
I watched it, you definitely should give it a try. :) Also...if you promise me to prepare some handkerchiefs, I recommend this:
It is long, but woth it, I promise.
...*cries*

And this is also one of the most emotional songs I ever heard, never cried more in my life:
I reached the last part of this game, straight into the final battle. You can marry in this game and even have up to two children. I was really attached to everything. And then I had to make a final decision in the end.
...Can't spoil it of course, but...yeah...

And this one too, the same game, but it gives you more of an empty feel:
for the preperations after tragic things happened. And then this:
for the actual fight. You have to also fight against an enemy who doesn't really want to fight, but he had to.

Moments and soundtracks like these are especially inspiring for my own stories. The feels...

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
I watched it, you definitely should give it a try. :) Also...if you promise me to prepare some handkerchiefs, I recommend this:
It is long, but woth it, I promise.
...*cries*

Oh, trust me, I watched the movie, fren! I was just stating how powerful lit as a song is to me. I don’t think I can sit through A Silent Voice without crying at least once... I relate too much to the main characters!

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.

Rainbow by Sia. I cried myself raw when I first heard it. I'm getting choked up just thinking of the lyrics.

I'm not even listening to this song at this very moment and I have tears in my eyes.

Change the voices in your head,
Make them like you instead.

Okay, I'm silently crying now.

Leeze

Professional Procrastinator
There are quite a few songs from game soundtracks that will bring me to tears anytime; eleanor’s lullaby from bioshock 2, fallen down & his theme from Undertale, scientist salarian from mass effect 2. But most of those are due in major part to the storyline for me. One non-game-related song that I can pretty much always rely on to get me teary-eyed is Colours by Grouplove.

F

foussiremix

This song always nearly brings me to tears when I listen to it.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
I can’t really remember a song that has made me cry during recent years, but Puff The Magic Dragon made me super duper sad when I was little

Edit: Well, still makes me sad to this day :c

Last edited:

Borophagus Monoclinous

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
The song can do it, yes, but it's the combination of this song and the video... So at the risk of being totally cliché, and making myself cry...

floodgates open at 0:25

Last edited:

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I can think of two songs right off the top of my head. They both were topical when they were written. The first one is about the death of Princess Diana

The second one is the story behind the Star Spangled Banner

NigelMorgan

A fox who fixes cars
All I listen to is sad music, so Im no stranger to songs that make me tear up.

Battery in Your Leg is one of my favorite Blur songs, but its also very sad to hear. Its a song for the band's guitarist Graham Coxon, and he was absent for most of the album's recording. This was the only song he played for, and this was the last album we heard from Blur until 2015.

A song that makes me even more sad is Butterfly by Weezer. Not only is the general sound of the song about as depressing as you can get, but I have a lot of emotions associated with Pinkerton. I dont normally listen to this album because it brings back a lot of sad memories, but I wish I could give it a listen every now and then without feeling so bad...

A

Ace412

Internet’s crap right now so can’t do a link, sorry Jax.

But for me it’s “Gone Away” by The Offspring.

Think it has something to do with my childhood but whatevs. That’s mine buddy!

NigelMorgan

A fox who fixes cars
Internet’s crap right now so can’t do a link, sorry Jax.

But for me it’s “Gone Away” by The Offspring.

Think it has something to do with my childhood but whatevs. That’s mine buddy!
Its not a song from my childhood, but I agree that its definitely one of their most emotional songs. I dont listen to the Offspring that much, but I used to do it more a few years ago.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Last edited: