• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Songs to study to

Nocturne

Nocelots? ὸὦό
I'm going back to school soon and I've resolved to do more studying this semester (just as I say every semester 9.9). Anyway I'm looking for new music to study to! I prefer chiller fare for my studying, but I like alot of stuff... if that stuff is some kinda of rock or classical usually XD. Anyway, feel free to post whatever you want here. If you have songs that you like to use for this purpose, go ahead and post those too!

I'll start. One of my friends got me back into this band the last day or so and I've been listening to them since. The band is Hula and the song is "Mellow Fare," it's really chill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofkObmdrK0

Another rec is "Funeral" by Band of Horses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibE7IqEjni4

Nocturne

Nocelots? ὸὦό

zangooselover

Hellspawn
The following songs by Rammstein are what I study to: Feuerrader, Biest, Jeder Lacht, Schwarzes Glas, Engel, Mein Herz Brennt, Buck Dich, Wut will nicht Sterben, Spiel mit mir.

Feuerrader, Biest, Jeder Lacht, and Wut will nicht Sterben are songs by Rammstein that not many people know of. Schwarzes Glas was never released to the public. If you e-mail me I will send you any of the songs I listed and a web site you can use to convert youtube videos into a file that you can put on your Ipod, Windows Media Player library, or any other media device.

OCAdam

Procrastinator Extraordinare
I enjoy listening to some Dream Theater whenever I'm not rushing through my studying, along with a lot of Pendulum songs. However, you'll probably find DT to be better for relaxed study time since some Pendulum songs get to be a bit fast paced DnB and makes you speed through (or so it does for me).

VVhiteWolf

Needs an anthro avatar pic...
My sister actually got me to like "Roses for the Dead" by Funeral For A Friend. It's sorta sad if you can hear the lyrics. Also, since power metal = win, anything by Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, and Symphony X.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
For studying? Classicaaaaalll. Even any soundtrack will do. Danny Elfman is rather grand.

MichaelOlnet

Dreamer
Enya or Cirque du Soleil in the background helps me. Low ambient music is what does it for me, and foreign, haunting melodies and tight harmony just relaxes me enough to be able to focus on studying.

Aq Bars

Я Ак Барс
I like instrumental rock for studying. Lyrics always distract me, but with this it's just some pleasant background noise. :3

Classical is good too.

Golse

needs to shut his fool mouth
I like instrumental rock for studying. Lyrics always distract me, but with this it's just some pleasant background noise. :3

Classical is good too.
I'm like that too, in a way. Anything with vocals, I'll usually end up singing along. If I don't know the words, once the melody is established I'll start humming it or singing nonsense syllables. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it at first .n.

So it's instrumental for me, especially ambient like Brian Eno, Stars of the Lid, and Aphex Twin (SAW 85-92 & Vol. II), or minimalist classical like Arvo Pärt, Philip Glass, and Henryk Górecki.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Sigur Ros, God is an Astronaut, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, TV on the Radio, A Silver Mt. Zion, A Great Big Pile of Leaves.

Ambient or Post-Rock wins hard for studying.

Calligraphy

So it's instrumental for me, especially ambient like Brian Eno, Stars of the Lid, and Aphex Twin (SAW 85-92 & Vol. II), or minimalist classical like Arvo Pärt, Philip Glass, and Henryk Górecki.

Totally agree with the point although the only person I recognize is Aphex Twin. I usually don't listen to music when I study, IF I study. Any kind of music is turned on when it's time for math homework but anything that involves any type of reading is a no-go for music. I have A.D.D. reading is hard enough with everything else that's going on in my head.

Last edited:

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
XTC AND APHEX TWIN ARE GOOD CHOICES

I usually put my NINETY GIG LIBRARY on shuffle so I'm not sure of specific songs.

I just got Untrue by Burial. It is very good for concentrating, no lyrics, all samples.

Do you like dubstep?