• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sonic is for speed....but with Swords? OH NO!

Dragon-Commando

Razor, a living wrecking ball!
I still have my genesis hooked up, and I play the original sonic still, I also have sonic CD for PC, which is a realy good sonic game for pc. The last one I played and liked was sonic CD, after that they went 3D, and that just killed it.

I would love to see another side scrolling 2D sprite based sonic game, they did it with megaman, why not go back to basics with sonic. The most popular sonic games are still the first 3.

SparkOfMortality

Just checkin' in
It so turns out that half of sonic team thinks that they should stick to their roots and stay with the speed gameplay and the other half thinks that selling sonic out like a $5 prostitute is healthy for thier games. I don't think I'll ever know how someone can come to think that ignoring thier legions of weeping fans and constantly crowbaring in some completely irrelevent shit into their games as a gameplay gimmick is good for their artisitic reputation.

It's obvious they had Final Fantasy Sonic on the minds, except for the final part.

There's another game concept where you have a spiky blue hair carrying a big sword who goes against (BK=Burger King) The Black Knight. It's a Fire Emblem game called Path of Radiance.

Tæfarós

That's a BINGO!
*sigh* Sega is yet again showing off their amazing ability to NoT make decent a Sonic game. TT.TT
Actually they're not terrible, I think they are making Mad World, and the new Golden Axe (not my type, but it could be good)

Sega's publishing. The game itself is being developed by Platinum Games, the remains of Clover Studios (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand).

Since this is second in the "Storybook" series (following Secret Rings), they'd be stupid to ruin what was the fastest Sonic console game in years. Hopefully the swordplay is far lessened than Shadow and, like mentioned beforepaw, integrated with speed.

There's another game concept where you have a spiky blue hair carrying a big sword who goes against (BK=Burger King) The Black Knight. It's a Fire Emblem game called Path of Radiance.

Haha, yeah, but "Black Knight" isn't very original. This game should really be a Sonic/Python crossover. And I talked about the Martin Lawrence analogy...

Last edited:

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
In that case, I guess we've now figured out who the one that killed Ike's father is... Ignore the events of Radiant Dawn.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
Yeah, but Godot isn't lugging a full suit of armor either.
Considering how nobody in the game seems to recognize who Godot is, despite having the exact same outfit (only white and blue instead of black and red) and the exact same type of haircut as his true identity, he might as well be...

Foxstar

lol reggin
As long as furries and Sonic Fans are around, Sega can put out Sonic games from now till doomday, folks will still buy them.

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
Sonic-RPG? W*F
Somewhere i found an online Sonic-Game in Final Fantasy Stile and it was s...
not very good...

How they can try to make something like that? Sonic is a game of speed, not of round-based thinking...

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
How they can try to make something like that? Sonic is a game of speed, not of round-based thinking...
I see this argument tossed around a lot these days, but when you consider that Sonic CD is one of the most popular ones, it doesn't really hold up because you have to go slow in that game if you want to get enough rings to get all the time stones.

As long as furries and Sonic Fans are around, Sega can put out Sonic games from now till doomday, folks will still buy them.
Another comment I see tossed around a lot, yet pretty much everyone who has appeared in this topic states that they think it's going to be horrible and won't get it.