• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sonic or Mario?

Sonic or Mario

• Sonic

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mario

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Never played either

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BOTH

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
I love them both but I have a soft spot for Sonic games just because I've been playing them since I was a child! :) (also maybe because it's probably what turned me into a furry lmao)

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Honestly, I have yet to play a Mario platformer I liked. Eratic controls and crap bosses in pretty much all of them. Sonic, when it's bad, it's REALLY bad, but really good when good.

Reiv

I still have problems accepting that I'm a furry
Bubsy

SusiKette

Mario games. Older Sonic games have the issue where you either have to inch forward slowly or run head on to whatever comes your way because they didn't bother to make the camera move more to the direction you are going to give you more reaction time. Newer Sonic games on the other had are broken or just bad. There are not many bad Mario games I can think of.

EDIT: Just had to put this here:
9lxnLjl.jpg

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Might be due to the fact that I grew up with more Mario games than Sonic games (I think the only Sonic games I had before they started becoming available on PC were two of the Game Gear entries), but I find Sonic difficult to handle compared to Mario.

Strangely, I'm guessing I'd handle Sonic's 3D entries better.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I personally like the 3D Sonic games myself and was never into the 2D Sonic games. (Though the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan base is notoriously fractured to the point each faction hates each other over slight differences.) Mario plat former video games have always been fun in my opinion and I beat Super Mario Odyssey back in spring of this year I believe. (The Mario Fan base is also much more unified than the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan base.)

Clippit

Let's green egg and ham it!
Honestly I grew up with Mario's NES games and it didn't take me much to find Sonic's Genesis ones, and even tho I can see why people like them I've never grown too fond of them, and thought that even tho they're good they're probably not the best the Genesis can offer ... tho the same can be said of the Mario games... hmph... well, except maybe for Mario 3, of which its length and content are impressive for an NES title.
As for their 3D games I only got to play Super Mario Galaxy and I loved every single minute of it, and at the same time got Sonic Colors which-... I actually got to despise, really. Its trailer was great, but I found its length and simple gameplay to be kind of insulting in comparison ... but hey, I actually loved playing Sonic Unleashed, so maybe there's something wrong with me, who knows? :p
In conclusion: Wahoo! > Fast

MadKiyo

Furry from the discount section
Mario games captured my imagination more than other Nintendo series. There's a simplicity and lack of context or meaning to the universe surrounding it that got me into those games, especially the 3D titles. To best explain this, Mario games don't have a branded theme to them and not really any enforcement on how things should look, they're like a mixed batch of creative, colorful, cartoonish assets that were designed for the purpose of the level and not a story. It makes it more enticing to explore when you don't know what you might see. Now that I'm older I'm more interested in exploring games by deconstructing them (which makes game corruptions some of my favorite videos on youtube).

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
I personally like the 3D Sonic games myself and was never into the 2D Sonic games. (Though the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan base is notoriously fractured to the point each faction hates each other over slight differences.) Mario plat former video games have always been fun in my opinion and I beat Super Mario Odyssey back in spring of this year I believe. (The Mario Fan base is also much more unified than the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan base.)

By unified, do you mean every single one pitches a tantrum every time anyone says anything even remotely bad about Mario? It's like, if you have any sort of negative opinion on him, you're automatically wrong and your opinion is invalid. I honestly don't believe that crap people say about it being so much better than the Sonic fanbase, and the Mario fan base doesn't also have equally rabid haters like Sonic does.

That being said, think Crash and Spyro are better than both Mario and Sonic combined.

Last edited: