• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sonic-style furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBunnycorn

Banned
Banned
I... I'm sorry, I really can't do this.

You guys can say the Sonic Art Style is uncreative, yet you will then proceed to praise the creativity of a style of random generic anthro-artist's who's style is really no different than anyone else's style? I mean, no offense and they're great artists and all, but their style isn't even creative, it's just standard for anthro-artists. (No, I'm not saying style makes the artist, I'm just saying their anthro style is typical to a lot of anthro artists I know.)

Judge Spear

I didn't say the style is bad. I said it's VERY easy to copy and exploit. And THAT is the problem. It becomes generic with the shitty DeviantArt recolors from people who think they're designers for buying an $80 Pen Touch and using MS paint.

And Robaato or Luigiix are not random or generic. So we will praise something that takes more skill and isn't easy to replicate. Sorry if that upsets you.

BennyBunnycorn

Banned
Banned
I didn't say the style is bad. I said it's VERY easy to copy and exploit. And THAT is the problem. It becomes generic with the shitty DeviantArt recolors from people who think they're designers for buying an $80 Pen Touch and using MS paint.

And Robaato or Luigiix are not random or generic. So we will praise something that takes more skill and isn't easy to replicate. Sorry if that upsets you.

The style Robaato and Luigiix use is more or less the standard style many furries use. It's only "hard to replicate" if you're a crappy artist. (Like me. :( ) And really, Sonic style isn't even that easy to replicate itself. Recolors? I don't count those. If you're telling me that Sonic's style is generic and uncreative because of recolors, then your point is moot.

RTDragon

RTP User
The style Robaato and Luigiix use is more or less the standard style many furries use. It's only "hard to replicate" if you're a crappy artist. (Like me. :( ) And really, Sonic style isn't even that easy to replicate itself. Recolors? I don't count those. If you're telling me that Sonic's style is generic and uncreative because of recolors, then your point is moot.

Actually it's not really a standard to anthro art since there are many styles, and style is the last thing you should worry about when drawing. The reason it's generic because it's pretty simple to draw for someone who has easily seen sonicart on DA that is exactly the same style and not much difference. Seriously i would look more carefully at other artists styles before making a comment like that BBC.

BennyBunnycorn

Banned
Banned
Actually it's not really a standard to anthro art since there are many styles, and style is the last thing you should worry about when drawing. The reason it's generic because it's pretty simple to draw for someone who has easily seen sonicart on DA that is exactly the same style and not much difference. Seriously i would look more carefully at other artists styles before making a comment like that BBC.

Really, it's not that easier to replicate than any other style. And I looked carefully at the two mentioned. No matter how much I look at their art, it's still no different than other anthro artists. You are correct on one thing, though. Style does not make the artist. You can have a unique style and still be a bad artist. Especially when your "style" pays no regard to anatomy like a lot of people do when thinking they're such good artists because of their style. Even Cartoon characters require an idea on anatomy. You could say "Sonic style is easy to replicate," but I haven't seen many who actually do the style justice.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
It is easy to replicate it's all noodle arms and balloon noses.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Goodgod BBcorn

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
I guess I better start painting with a Toothbrush and bread if I don't want to be called "Another generic anthro artist"

Raspberry

Potatoes.
I always figured if I was a fan-artist I'd feralize the Sonic characters. It just screams to me more.

I don't mind Sonic OCs as long as they're good OCs.

IAN

I don't have anything against actual Sonic-style artists, in fact I actually enjoy some works by some of them. Citi-Skies and Highway-to-sarcasm are two that first come to mind, and there are several other artist who have a sonic based style but do very well in their works. In fact, some of them are even better than the actual Sonic game art in my opinion.

Recolors on the other hand, self explanitory. Even worse than the "art" of Sonic recolors, the ones behind it. My god, the autism is so bad it's horrendus. Not sure what it is but compared to every other fanbase I've looked at or been in, the Sonic fanbase is BY FAR the highest concentrated with autism. And you guys don't know the worst of it unless you've experienced it first hand.

And it goes even further than the whole recolor deal, it's a clusterfuck.

Sonic statistically tends to attract autistics. Guess it's just the bright colors and cookie-cutter facial expressions. You'll notice a lot of fandoms with a high concentration of autistics share those traits. It's strange.
Holy fuck, I thought I was the only person on the planet to notice this.

Bronies and Homestuck fans are the exact same way. Also, the characters are easy to draw, have their own little cheesy "backstory" and storyline to accompany, and each have their own "special" trait to diffrentiate them for the rest (in the case of bronies, the Cutie Marks). I've also noticed furs with less complex fursonas and favor a less-complex art style (whether they draw or commission) are very similar to members of these autistic fandoms.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
What is standard furry art? Why also worry about what autistic people like anyway? It is like cooties or something?

Judge Spear

I don't have anything against actual Sonic-style artists, in fact I actually enjoy some works by some of them. Citi-Skies and Highway-to-sarcasm are two that first come to mind, and there are several other artist who have a sonic based style but do very well in their works. In fact, some of them are even better than the actual Sonic game art in my opinion.

Nancher, SuperNitro, and his girlfriend Sif are some others that make it work. OH and how on earth could we forget Jay Axer? The comics he worked on hands down have the best official Sonic art in the entire franchise though all of the stuff seen in the Generations gallery was fantastic also.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Recolors on the other hand, self explanitory. Even worse than the "art" of Sonic recolors, the ones behind it. My god, the autism is so bad it's horrendus. Not sure what it is but compared to every other fanbase I've looked at or been in, the Sonic fanbase is BY FAR the highest concentrated with autism. And you guys don't know the worst of it unless you've experienced it first hand.
Gotta go autism.

Zeitzbach

Taste purple
Shut the **** up, XoPachi! Just because, in my opinion, Sonic style is more creative than generic furry style doesn't mean you have to be a douche-bag about it! Plus, you're wrong. If you think it's just noodles and balloons, you're sadly mistaking. Maybe YOU are the one who needs glasses, you jerk!

I really don't want to leave a scar on my wrist.

But kay, your opinion then. It was acceptable until it reaches the bolded part.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Status
Not open for further replies.