• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sonic The Hedgehog movie trailer

C

CrookedCroc

ITS FINALLY HERE GUYS

What are your impressions? Exited? Scared? Morbid curiosity? Confusion?

I'm certainly gonna watch this on theaters, I need to witness this movie and the reaction of everyone watching this.

Also, this version of Sonic reminded me of this

Edit: Just noticed Sonic's arms are blue, someone isn't gonna be happy about this

Last edited by a moderator:

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
"Wtf happened? Sonic looked just fine in Wreck It Ralph". xD

I am NOT touching this movie. Gangsta's Paradise? My god, they used a good and beloved song in THIS fucking movie? Burn it to the ground, I say!

Deathless

ĎÚМβĂŚŚ МĔŤĂĹĤĔĂĎ
I don't know why but I really like his new model. As a HUGE Sonic fan myself, I'm really hyped for the movie. I wasn't a fan of his design at first but I kept seeing it and I learnt to love it and I know more people will too. I can't be the only one who actually unironically wants to see this movie and actually doesn't hate the new design. I think he's pretty cute!

Maybe some cute fan art will change some minds:

All credit goes to respected artists, I didn't draw these

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Technically that is three but I agree with you wholeheartedly. However it will be interesting what the review critic scores will be like and fallout from that.

"Surprisingly philosophical film that confronts serious modern issues," ;3

Sonic is originally meant to be about a hedgehog saving his woodland friends right? They could make it an eco-movie, but I didn't get much of that from the trailer.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
"Surprisingly philosophical film that confronts serious modern issues," ;3

Sonic is originally meant to be about a hedgehog saving his woodland friends right? They could make it an eco-movie, but I didn't get much of that from the trailer.
I thought Sonic was supposed to be about some mutated animal human. Like some water dudes came down and released radioactive whatever and turned them all into anthros.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I thought Sonic was supposed to be about some mutated animal human. Like some water dudes came down and released radioactive whatever and turned them all into anthros.
You are thinking of the (sadly) discontinued Archie comic book franchise.

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
I'm just glad that Tails isn't in it. I would not be happy if they bastardised my main fox boi!!!

I must admit, I quite like Jim Carrey as Eggman. Just can't get past that creepy cursed Sonic face!

Last edited:

Fallowfox

I was about to laugh before I realised that's literally the explanation for the ninja turtles isn't it? Oh lordy.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
lol never heard of Street Sharks.

Here you go.

Nearly 12,000 years ago, during the 21st century of the "old world" when Mobius was still known as "Earth", an alien race known as the Xorda came to the planet to offer an alliance to its human population. However, the emissary they dispatched was captured, studied and subsequently dissected by a group of scientists led by Ivan Kintobor, a leading scientist at the time. Ivan had hoped to use the captured alien and its technology to produce the robot Isaac as well as numerous other creations. His methods however proved antagonistic towards the Xorda. In retaliation, the aliens bombarded the planet with Gene Bombs with the intention of exterminating all life on the planet, melting all surface life into primordial ooze. Before the destruction of the planet's biosphere, however, a number of hidden cities were constructed, safe from the effects of the Gene Bombs. The bombs had an unforeseen side effect however. Rising from the primordial soup, DNA from the former human population formed the four-fingered Overlanders seen on Mobius today, while the rest of the animal kingdom also experienced a rapid evolution from interaction with human DNA, forming modern-day Mobians.[1][2][3]
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Mobius_(Archie)#cite_note-SMMs2-2

sonic.fandom.com: Mobius (Archie)

Fallowfox

That left me deeply confused. I thought he looked weird because he was a cartoon, rather than because he's a genetic abomination...although that's certainly more what he looks like in the movie trailer, isn't it?

Fallowfox

What the fuck?
Why is my simple game about running fast so Scifi-Morbid?

Their origin story looks like it is the same level of complexity as a new-age religion like scientology. x3